2-5A Playoff Possibilities

basketballisbest

Things get interesting from this point forward, with Ooltewah the only team in 2-5A guaranteed a place in the playoffs regardless of what happens. In these scenarios, I am going to assume both William Blount and McMinn County will win out, because both teams play Bradley and Heritage. I don't see much chance for an upset in either of those games. So that will leave McMinn 7-3-overall and 5-2-in the regions, while WB will finish 6-4-overall and 4-3-in the region.

First scenario--starting from the top:

Ooltewah beats Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy

Farragut beats Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy

Region finishes this way:

1. Ooltewah 7-0 10-0

2. Farragut 6-1 7-3

3. McMinn County 5-2 7-3

4. William Blount 4-3 6-4

Oak Ridge would be left out with a 3-4-region record and 5-5 overall.

Second scenario (my best guess--with Ooltewah losing at Oak Ridge this coming week):

Ooltewah loses to Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy

Farragut Beats Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy

Region finishes this way:

1. Ooltewah 6-1 9-1 (1st place due to win over Farragut)

2. Farragut 6-1 7-3

3. McMinn County 5-2 7-3

4. William Blount 4-3 6-4 (head to head over Oak Ridge)

Oak Ridge finishes 4-3 6-4 (left out due to loss to Willam Blount)[/b]

Scenarior three:

Ooltewah loses to Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy

Farragut loses to Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy

1. Ooltewah 6-1 9-1

2. McMinn County 5-2 7-3 (head to head over OR)

3. Oak Ridge 5-2 7-3 (3-w tie, overall record)

4. Farragut 5-2 6-4 (head to head over MC--3-w tie loser)

WB is left out because they finish 4-3 in region.

Fourth scenario:

Ooltewah loses both to Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy.

Farragut beats Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy.

1. Farragut 6-1 7-3

2. Ooltewah 5-2 8-2 (head to head over MC)

3. McMinn County 5-2 7-3 (loses head to head to Ooltewah)

4. William Blount 4-3 6-4 (head to head over OR)

Oak Ridge out due to loss to WB.

Fifth scenario:

Ooltewah loses to both Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy

Farragut loses to both Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy

1. Ooltewah 5-2 8-2 (head to head over MC)

2. McMinn County 5-2 7-3 (head to head over OR)

3. Oak Ridge 5-2 7-3 (loses head to head to MC)

4. Farragut 4-3 5-5

WB left off due to loss to Farragut.

Final scenario:

Ooltewah beats Oak Ridge and beats Soddy Daisy

Farragut loses to Oak Ridge and loses to Soddy Daisy.

1. Ooltewah 7-0 10-0

2. McMinn County 5-2 7-3

3. William Blount 4-3 6-4 (3-w tie, head to head against OR)

4. Oak Ridge 4-3 6-4 (3-w tie, loses to WB, better record than F)

Farragut loses out due to overall record 5-5, in spite of 4-3 region record. That's if I understand the tie-breaker rules from the TSSAA website.

I can just tell you Farragut and Ooltewah will NOT lose to Soddy..and I'm not trying to be funny or cocky...it just won't happen. The Oak Ridge games are a different story...

You are probably right Grad, and I almost just left those games off, including the Soddy/Farragut, because Soddy won't beat them either. But I was trying to include all the options.'

One loss and Ooltewah takes the region regardless.

im not sure if u put this one in there.. but if Farragut loses so Soddy but beats Oak Rudge Farragut is second still. and Ooltewah is first.. i dunno bout hte rest.. but i dont think i saw that in there.. thats if Farragut loses somehow to soddy. and what if oak ridge loses to ooltewah but farragut loses to oak ridge?

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

im not sure if u put this one in there.. but if Farragut loses so Soddy but beats Oak Rudge Farragut is second still. and Ooltewah is first.. i dunno bout hte rest.. but i dont think i saw that in there.. thats if Farragut loses somehow to soddy. and what if oak ridge loses to ooltewah but farragut loses to oak ridge?

Owls just won the toughest game of the year til playoffs imho.

Yeah, almost no chance Ooltewah or Farragut will lose to Soddy. I may have missed that one.