Greenbrier?

hudsonj

Greenbrier has had a dominant defense in the past few years. But there offense has always lacked. You can only run the same play so many times before they catch on to your game plan. So if your a coach why run the same play all the time??? I don't want people to get on here and say "What about the State team?". What about it?? Defense was amazing and offense was Herndon. So don't ask. We don't have all those play makers we use to have. We need something new in my opinion. But i'm not the coach and never will be. I just wanted to see what some of yall think.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier has had a dominant defense in the past few years. But there offense has always lacked. You can only run the same play so many times before they catch on to your game plan. So if your a coach why run the same play all the time??? I don't want people to get on here and say "What about the State team?". What about it?? Defense was amazing and offense was Herndon. So don't ask. We don't have all those play makers we use to have. We need something new in my opinion. But i'm not the coach and never will be. I just wanted to see what some of yall think.

Greenbrier has been strong for the last few years. From my understanding, it wasn't that way several years ago, but also from what I've read on Greenbrier they have been in the playoffs since 1993. No they probably won't be in this year, but rethink this, Herndon wasn't a high school player for 13 years. Where did those good playoff years come from? I've been to Greenbrier and seen some good games and then I've seen ones where they can't break through that line. Speed is not the Bobcats forte, for sure. But you work with what you've got and what the coaches get is not their fault. I agree that they could work with the passing game more than what they have, but with Herndon, Dill and Pigg they didn't have to. Herndon is not the only good player that has passed through Greenbrier, although he seems to be the favored in Greenbrier. Yes, I agree he was very good, but when you hand the ball to a player 85 times out of 100, he is going to find a hole, get some yards and become the star of the team. Because Greenbrier has a bad year, don't be willing to throw the whole team under the bus. These things happen in high school and professional leagues. It has to be player talent AND coaches, not one or the other. But when they find that talent, I agree that there should be more variety than what they have been doing. Any team without a passing game will have a tough road.

Greenbrier has been strong for the last few years. From my understanding, it wasn't that way several years ago, but also from what I've read on Greenbrier they have been in the playoffs since 1993. No they probably won't be in this year, but rethink this, Herndon wasn't a high school player for 13 years. Where did those good playoff years come from? I've been to Greenbrier and seen some good games and then I've seen ones where they can't break through that line. Speed is not the Bobcats forte, for sure. But you work with what you've got and what the coaches get is not their fault. I agree that they could work with the passing game more than what they have, but with Herndon, Dill and Pigg they didn't have to. Herndon is not the only good player that has passed through Greenbrier, although he seems to be the favored in Greenbrier. Yes, I agree he was very good, but when you hand the ball to a player 85 times out of 100, he is going to find a hole, get some yards and become the star of the team. Because Greenbrier has a bad year, don't be willing to throw the whole team under the bus. These things happen in high school and professional leagues. It has to be player talent AND coaches, not one or the other. But when they find that talent, I agree that there should be more variety than what they have been doing. Any team without a passing game will have a tough road.

you just proved my point. Herndon could find the hole eventually. what i'm saying is that you gotta be able to throw the ball on a regular basis. its like a trick play when we throw it because its so rare. and before Herndon we were making the playoffs with records like 5-5 and losing in the first round. we can't just rely on one player. there have been plenty of good players to pass through Greenbrier. but would anyone on this teams roster make that list of great players. i think the player playing at his best not neccesarily the best athlete on the team but playing at his best is Michael Seay. sure are players aren't playing at there best though or playing like a team but don't you get tired of watching us run it up the middle.

you just proved my point. Herndon could find the hole eventually. what i'm saying is that you gotta be able to throw the ball on a regular basis. its like a trick play when we throw it because its so rare. and before Herndon we were making the playoffs with records like 5-5 and losing in the first round. we can't just rely on one player. there have been plenty of good players to pass through Greenbrier. but would anyone on this teams roster make that list of great players. i think the player playing at his best not neccesarily the best athlete on the team but playing at his best is Michael Seay. sure are players aren't playing at there best though or playing like a team but don't you get tired of watching us run it up the middle.

Exactly as I said, the few games I have seen the Bobcats, there is not enough speed to get around the corners. Is there enough speed to get in open field for a pass without being able to be ran down from behind? Any team would love that, but not very many teams have it. If you have the blockers doing their job, the chances are greater that the run will get through. Then we come back to critiquing the line. Are they opening the holes? Evidently not with the way the games are going this year for Greenbrier. Again, Roger Herndon was good, and his brother was almost equal him, but they are both graduated and gone. Greenbrier can't recruit, they can only train what they have available, both defense and offense. If you don't tackle well and block well, the team it is going to be a long season. Which it seems to have been for the Bobcats. Take no offense to this, but the only negative thing I have heard about Greenbrier they have a who's who/who you know or are related to system of sorts. Obviously it's not all players, but maybe some.

Edited by SuperBowlDream

You don't do it after dropping a few regional games or heaven forbid not making the playoffs for the first time in years. Like someone has already said these things come in cycles. Teams have bad years due to injuries or maybe the talent pool is not up to previous years. I will say this, the talent is there, so is the heart but unfortunatly so are the injuries.

Whatever the case the coaching staff is the same as it has been the past few years. They work with the talent they have as well as the limitations due to what ever has been delt them.

Its funny how pre-season post had Coach Williams as one of the best in 3A. now we have this post wanting to know when we start questioning him and his staffs decisions.

Give me a break.

If we start questioning the "team" then the next thing you could see is the "team" questioning themselves.

The Ebb and Flow of Public schools. The talent comes and go's. You have to coach what you have and make the best of it. There is no question of the caliber of coach That Coach Williams is. If people are going to get on here and question Coach Williams, then you should have your head examined! I do not have a thing to do with Greenbrier, but I have seen his teams play and they execute. Sometimes, teams have better players.

You don't do it after dropping a few regional games or heaven forbid not making the playoffs for the first time in years. Like someone has already said these things come in cycles. Teams have bad years due to injuries or maybe the talent pool is not up to previous years. I will say this, the talent is there, so is the heart but unfortunatly so are the injuries.

Whatever the case the coaching staff is the same as it has been the past few years. They work with the talent they have as well as the limitations due to what ever has been delt them.

Its funny how pre-season post had Coach Williams as one of the best in 3A. now we have this post wanting to know when we start questioning him and his staffs decisions.

Give me a break.

If we start questioning the "team" then the next thing you could see is the "team" questioning themselves.

So what the coaches running the ball up the middle everytime is okay and fine with you. I'm not saying go fire all the coaches. all i am saying is PASS THE FOOTBALL or hey try running the ball to the left or right. look at the stats 40 rushes for 40 yards. hey i got an idea the run isn't working so lets keep running the ball???? i'm not juding his defense at all. its always been a great defense. but the offense can only do as much as the coach will let them.

If Greenbrier wins this week and Station Camp beats White House, which they'll be the favorite to do, then when those two meet in week ten a playoff spot will be at stake. The playoffs are far from out of the question for this football team despite the fact that they are currently dealing with major injury issues.

With all of Greenbrier's success since the 2002 season I can't believe anyone would be questioning their coaches. CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE MODERATORS!!!! Greenbrier has probably been the most successful Class 3A School outside of Region 2-3A's teams since the start of the '02 season. They have won region championships for three consecutive years, been to the 'Boro, been to the semifinals, been to the quarterfinals, & been to the second round of the playoffs. They have a few wins over David Lipscomb during that same span of time. They have owned Marshall Co., Page, & Sycamore during that same time period. They hold wins over the likes of Pearl Cohn & White House during that time. Postseason wins over McNairy Central, Meigs Co., Jackson South Side, Kingsbury, Lexington, & Crockett Co. don't look too bad on Coach Williams' resume either. Did I even mention the FACT that prior to the start of the '02 season the Greenbrier Bobcats had won a grand total of ZERO PLAYOFF GAMES!!! They are now 3-5, but still pretty much in the playoff hunt, and you all are talking about firing the main guy who has been the head of all of this success???? Talk about GREED :rolleyes: The person who started this topic or anyone who agrees with the Kirk Williams critics is an idiot PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!