Best RB in 5A

Owls#5

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You crack me up. You sound like the democrats with your statistics. He ran for positive yards and a TD in the remaining 18 carries. That is a 75% success rate, pretty dang good in my opinion.

i agree. saying a back only had so and so if you take away his 8 carries for over 10 yards. that is like saying georgia stopped tennessee if you take away their 7 scoring plays. i mean they weren't successful on the other 66 plays, right?

mcdermott passed the 1,100 yard mark this past week with 160+ yards against the govs including a TD run on 3rd & 10 in OT. avg is about 7 ypc. he only played the 1st qtr and OT period against OR, and had about 75 yards, due to injury and only got a few snaps against SD for the same reason. he torched a capable rhea co. D for 230+ yards the week before OR. he very easily could have 100+ more if he had played those two entire games. he could have had more than the 135 yards he had against farraguts D if mcminn hadn't been down so much in the 2nd half and been forced to throw the football. ooltewah has been the only team that has been able to stop him and i think that was more of the owls defensive front winning the line of scrimmage. with heritage and bradley left to play, i would predict he'll end regular season with about 1600. I can't comment on the rest of the state but I don't think there is a better back in the region (and there are many...marshall, walker, sterling, moody, bingham). I do like the marshall kid from ooltewah though. he runs hard every snap. if mcdermott ever gets to that point, watch out!!

Crawford passed the 1100 yard mark too...but that was durin g week 5 he has sat out the past 2 games.

McDermott deserves consideration, very strong and fast back, breaks a lot of tackles. Marshall from Ooltewah and Sterling from Farragut are very good backs also. Marshall is almost impossible to tackle in the open field. I can't comment on much else, because i haven't seen any others play.