Polk @ Central

TheEmpire

I respect you and like your dedication, but I don't agree with everything you said. Seems that everyone including Coach Derrick wants to blame former Coach Williams for this year's edition of the Chargers. Coach Derrick was the one who promised the world coming in with his cockiness and brashness. It was him who openly stated that a new sheriff was in town and he would beat Meigs and Polk. After Central beat Meigs twice in the 7 on 7 passing league in Sweetwater, I personally heard him tell a Central player's parent who was there with me that he would guarantee beating Meigs THIS year. Maybe some people like that cockiness, but I don't. And I guarantee you that Coach Williams had too much class to say that.

I'd like to have a Marty Wilds back coaching here. He gave no excuses, but gave great results. That was a coach!

Ive been a fan and supporter of this program since long before you were born. But I think they really messed up hiring this guy to coach you all. He all talk and no action and I think he will be gone in 2-3 years. I hope you all do beat Polk and make me a believer. Be honest, do you really think you WILL? I'm not asking if you can, I'm asking WILL you beat them?

Good luck Friday. I will be there pulling for you and many of the Charger players I know.

Coach Wild didn't do too hot the 1st year he was here either. I think we only won 1 game but our record improved when Coach Ray helped run the offense.

They are working on fundamentals by the way. We don't get many offsides or false starts penalties anymore. If Coach Derrick could put on a uniform, I doubt we'd have so many turnovers BUT he can't. He can only call the plays. It's up to the kids to carry them out.

He has never guaranteed our players a win. He says that we should win, but its up to them. He never discounts the human element. He has also not said a negative word about Coach Williams. He says that he's different and that the kids have to go by his rules which makes sense. It's not like we were doing great before this year and according to these posts when you stink, you always stink so there's no reason to think we'd get better no matter who coaches us.

People didn't like Coach Derrick when we were in high school but he didn't care and I don't think he cares now. I don't understand why you people are so upset that he believes in himself and the potential of his team. Isn't that what he should do? It may take him a few years, but he'll come through because he's a hard worker and he's honest.

You are not a supporter of this program and you should just drop that disguise right now. If you knew anything about this program you would know that most of those kids love Coach Derrick. They will tell you that he gives his all to the program. He works really hard. He's made sure that they had new uniforms, a new weight room and all kinds of other stuff. He's not above asking for donations or cleaning the stadium or mowing the grass. Your obviously a Coach Derrick hater. Maybe your kid isn't getting the playing time you think he deserves or maybe he didn't make the cut...who knows...who cares?

The kids who think they can't win are part of the problem. If they were that worried, you'd think they would have quit already. We only need 11.

I really want this to stop being about coach bashing. They're not poorly coached. The other region coaches speak very highly of him. I'd actually like this post to stop completely. Polk was rude, but that's the fun of having a rivalry. This isn't a rivalry anymore. When you're fighting your own program's "supporters/parents/worried players" you don't even have a chance. Best of luck to the Chargers and their coach.

Edited by go.chargers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ding ding ding. I have a new sponser, TIme for Mr. Richts Cadillac Game Changers of the week

for polk, Tyler Davis, great reciever and db

for central, whether their ready to play

for polk, Cain, if he gets the cats ready to play they'll kill central

for central. who cares

for polk, HADEN BROWDER, was 1-2 last week with 53 yds and a TD.

POLK 56

CENTRAL 0

Coach Wild didn't do too hot the 1st year he was here either. I think we only won 1 game but our record improved when Coach Ray helped run the offense.

They are working on fundamentals by the way. We don't get many offsides or false starts penalties anymore. If Coach Derrick could put on a uniform, I doubt we'd have so many turnovers BUT he can't. He can only call the plays. It's up to the kids to carry them out.

He has never guaranteed our players a win. He says that we should win, but its up to them. He never discounts the human element. He has also not said a negative word about Coach Williams. He says that he's different and that the kids have to go by his rules which makes sense. It's not like we were doing great before this year and according to these posts when you stink, you always stink so there's no reason to think we'd get better no matter who coaches us.

People didn't like Coach Derrick when we were in high school but he didn't care and I don't think he cares now. I don't understand why you people are so upset that he believes in himself and the potential of his team. Isn't that what he should do? It may take him a few years, but he'll come through because he's a hard worker and he's honest.

You are not a supporter of this program and you should just drop that disguise right now. If you knew anything about this program you would know that most of those kids love Coach Derrick. They will tell you that he gives his all to the program. He works really hard. He's made sure that they had new uniforms, a new weight room and all kinds of other stuff. He's not above asking for donations or cleaning the stadium or mowing the grass. Your obviously a Coach Derrick hater. Maybe your kid isn't getting the playing time you think he deserves or maybe he didn't make the cut...who knows...who cares?

The kids who think they can't win are part of the problem. If they were that worried, you'd think they would have quit already. We only need 11.

I really want this to stop being about coach bashing. They're not poorly coached. The other region coaches speak very highly of him. I'd actually like this post to stop completely. Polk was rude, but that's the fun of having a rivalry. This isn't a rivalry anymore. When you're fighting your own program's "supporters/parents/worried players" you don't even have a chance. Best of luck to the Chargers and their coach.

Pursuit could easily be a Polk student trying to cause trouble. There is a student or students at Polk that are trying to cause trouble with every post. I'm going to ask CoachT to check the IP of this poster.

DL.

Pursuit could easily be a Polk student trying to cause trouble. There is a student or students at Polk that are trying to cause trouble with every post. I'm going to ask CoachT to check the IP of this poster.

DL.

to all you polk fans running off at the mouth, coach derrick is the best coach central could have asked for... he plays 12 freshman and still always puts the kids in position to win every game... polk county's football team is overrated, loudon turned the ball over five times. englewood's little league team could beat them if they turned the ball over five times, they are slow play no defense and got spanked by meigs, and pursit needs to grow up, your not in grade school anymore quit running your mouth and go sit down and sound the words out untill you can finish your dr. seuss book....

DL.

I am not sure he is a student but he definitely has been here before.

I am not sure he is a student but he definitely has been here before.

So Central fans....this is a person in Polk Co. who has changed names multiple times and has said as many bad things about their own school as they have about anyone else. Sooner or later they will get theirs. Until then rise above them and or ignore them......if they're still here. They could be locked out.

Key to look for in the future is anyone with only 2-3 posts by their names and always in the middle of a Polk conversation.

Stupid posters should be shot! :lol::P

DL.