DB at Campbell Co

CougarTrav02

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am a previous player from Campbell Co., and now a coach of a pretty successful high school program. One of the reasons that I feel our teams are successful is that we do not mention winning or losing. If we work hard during the off season, and do the things that we know must be done, then the wins will take care of themselves. It's not what you do during the season that makes you win, its what you do during the off season. You half to lift, then lift some more, and lift till you can't lift no more, and then lift some more. If Campbell Co. and any other school wants to win, thats where it's at. So it is possible for CCHS to have another winning season, it's just a question of how hard they are williing to work for it.

I agree I would like see them getting winning mode again, and its not impossible to do this. Its when they decided they can do this. I do hope for the best and eventually the Cougars will do well again :lol:

Yeah, at least we wear "britches" and not "skirts" like you guys.

Oh thats a good one. I am not gonna bother explaining my last post again. Go beat Campbell County. I wonder if you guys will hit triple digits this week? And talk about competition??? DB 63 Campbell County -3.

Actually I am a Volunteer Fan. And I am not talking about all from DB that is why I said "some from DB". I think Kurt Phillips will face some competition in 4A if they make it to Morristown West and most definitely if they make it to Maryville. I think even DB fans will agree that Maryville is enough competition for anyone. :D

I looked at the name and assumed you were a boone fan...sorry. That was a great win for the Falcon program because I think Boone is legit. But you are correct that the local 4A schools will have a tough time out of region. I believe the 5A (DB, Sevier County, ?, ?) will have a tough go out of region in the playoffs as well. Especially this season since the 3rd and 4th rounds are on the road. :D

Oh thats a good one. I am not gonna bother explaining my last post again. Go beat Campbell County. I wonder if you guys will hit triple digits this week? And talk about competition??? DB 63 Campbell County -3.

Ha, thats funny........Volunteer couldn't beat Campbell Co. on their best night.

And you still wear skirts. :D

I would have to say that i also believe this to be an easy game for DB but i also think it is an important one

This game should give DB somewhat of a look for the offense i have heard Campbell Co. is a blitzing team they bring everything safteys, corners, backs, and tackle end twist

I think this Campell Co. defense will be a good test for the DB O-Line especially with gaining some starters back it will give them a good jump-start back in the game

I almost wonder if any of the second string will replace a guard or two on the O-line it seems DB's guards are strugling a little bit and Alex Cox gave a good look with 3 Blocks leading for TD's Bogans and Fleming have proven their worth also

Championship comes form the Heart

Fear The Spear

Edited by Indian Fan for LIFE

Close.. it was Norton, Va.. 193-00 in Sept. 25, 1926 @ DB Field, opening game of the season.

The game was called early to keep it from getting out of hand. The Indians scored in the first 2 to 3 plays of each possession and let everybody but the tuba player get in the game. Norton had just started a football program and D-B was one of the best teams in the South with the famed Pony Express backfield.

Sevier County has the best QB in the region this year. I've seen both SC and DB play and there's no comparison. Sevier's QB is faster and a better passer. DB has a good QB but Sevier's is better.

Hard to tell how good the Sevier County QB is because he was running for his life in the D-B game; but yes Art I think Burton has really progressed in his maturity, reads and decision making. He can play at the next level.