DB at Campbell Co

CougarTrav02

I would rethink what you said about the man reporting the article on DB. take a look at the authors name, especially the last name, and see if another kid on the team has that same last name. Maybe he's just trying to stay on a level playing field and not over hype one team over another.

I don't think geronimo is talking about the main write-up of the game...If you look at Tricitiessports.com NE TN Top 10 synopsis of DB being #1 he puts in a lot of comments about "if DB makes it that far" kind of stuff in talking about potential playoff 2nd and 3rd round matchups vs Sevier County or Ooltewah...I felt the same way reading it that he was giving DB some lefthanded compliments...but it will be true unless DB changes recent history.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maroon.....you are exactly right....I wasn't talking about the article. The same sportswriter seems to have been on certain bandwagons even before the season started....could be me 'cause I'm an Indian fan. I hope all the doomsayers are wrong this year and the Indians pull it out. If not......I guarantee it won't be from lack of heart.....but I do guarantee there will be a bunch of happy people that will surely never let us live it down.

I disagree with that...the season stats disagree with that as well. Based on the game I saw DB vs SC...the Sevier Co. QB is NOT a better passer. The SC qb is a great player though and ran the offense as well as you could ask in the DB game. But to say he is a better passer and "there's no comparison" is flat wrong. Especially since head-to-head he was 7of12 for 56, 1 TD vs 19of31 for 278, 2TDs....and the most important stat....a great pass by #4 to #9 for a TD with 24 seconds left for the W.

Season totals:

Burton 83-137 1264 yds 12TD 3Int

SC QB 56-84 672 yds 5TD ?Int (QB stats per Knoxnews.com through the DB game...so unless he had a monster game vs JC he is trailing in all passing cats)

Thanks for the great numbers "maroonandgray".. love the name to.. bring back the true color.. I'd rather have gray than white any day.

Bo Burton has ran away and hid from anyone challanging him for 1st team QB.. but all that is just gravy. Playoff W's are what this team wants.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Thanks for the great numbers "maroonandgray".. love the name to.. bring back the true color.. I'd rather have gray than white any day.

Bo Burton has ran away and hid from anyone challanging him for 1st team QB.. but all that is just gravy. Playoff W's are what this team wants.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

and don't forget that Bo Burton was double player of the week after the SC game @ WCYB & WJHL. B)

Maroon.....you are exactly right....I wasn't talking about the article. The same sportswriter seems to have been on certain bandwagons even before the season started....could be me 'cause I'm an Indian fan. I hope all the doomsayers are wrong this year and the Indians pull it out. If not......I guarantee it won't be from lack of heart.....but I do guarantee there will be a bunch of happy people that will surely never let us live it down.

yea yea i see, but i mean who really cares about what a sportswriter says, that doesnt really affect the play of the indians on the field.

Are you a Boone fan? If so I wouldn't talk about another team getting too big for there britches when your team just got beat by Volunteer! AT HOME! :lol:

Actually I am a Volunteer Fan. And I am not talking about all from DB that is why I said "some from DB". I think Kurt Phillips will face some competition in 4A if they make it to Morristown West and most definitely if they make it to Maryville. I think even DB fans will agree that Maryville is enough competition for anyone. :lol:

Well its time for the long trip for DB to head to Campbell Co. As usual the two live up to what there known as the DB the king of 5A-1 and the Cougars feeling comfy on the bottom. Well after coming back from Sci Hill with not even one point on the board. Well even though I am from Campbell Co. and I should be supporting them, its hard against the juggernaut of DB. I dont give my predictions early, I am this time. So DB - 70 something and for the Cougars like last week - 0 :lol:

note: After seeing the Cougars lose to Bearden, I think im starting lose it with them. It will be another 30 years for a winning season. :lol::lol::(

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am a previous player from Campbell Co., and now a coach of a pretty successful high school program. One of the reasons that I feel our teams are successful is that we do not mention winning or losing. If we work hard during the off season, and do the things that we know must be done, then the wins will take care of themselves. It's not what you do during the season that makes you win, its what you do during the off season. You half to lift, then lift some more, and lift till you can't lift no more, and then lift some more. If Campbell Co. and any other school wants to win, thats where it's at. So it is possible for CCHS to have another winning season, it's just a question of how hard they are williing to work for it.