BA vs Father Ryan

statebound07

To yopur first "point"...what do you know about this that I apparently do not? Should students that transfer from other states be ineligible to play sports? I don't get it.

Also, FYI, every position is up for competition. Everyone who follows BA football knows that, as does every player. No player is assured of starting if there is someone better. Perhaps that is one reason why they win.

Regarding who is better, I can see why you might favor Ford over Jordan. Faster and better moves,and a more flashy style. Jordan is more of a "between the tackles" kind of back. Both are very good. Since BA is going more with a platoon system this year, the move also allowed Tyree to play corner full time, which is probably where he will play at the next level. As far as Bledsoe over Caffee, I just don't see it. Caffee is a better, stronger runner and has a much stronger arm. BA runs flat passes a lot, and Caffee gets the ball there way faster than Bledsoe. It's really not very close IMO.

itzme, I find it interesting that you show so much support for Caffee. I have several BA friends who have son's that play football. They have made several comments that they don't understand why a kid would leave their school for their senior year. I have seen both players play (Caffee and Bledsoe) and to be honest, I would have to agree with BL. Sure Caffee is bigger and seems to run the ball well, but he does not throw the ball any better then Bledsoe. What I have seen and heard about Caffe is that he overthrows on most long balls and makes poor decisions when he is pressured. I have been told that Bledsoe has the QB mentality that is needed to be successful. And I remember him running a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 and he gained 10 against MBA. I guess when he is in he feels like he has the horses around him to make the plays and he doesn't need to run the ball himself. Kind of like other Pro style QB's. I feel sorry for Garrett, Kottas,Ford and White. They do not have near the number that they should at this point in the year. From what I have heard, it has been a Caffee and Jordan show this year. I was also told, that the reason Caffee left Texas was because he did not like to be in a rotation at QB. Now how is that for a team player. Hey, did Bledsoe leave BA and transfer because some kid came in to take over his spot. And like BL said, what about loyalty. I was told that Bledsoe has been at BA since 6th grade. I guess loyalty is not in the BA mission statement. I know that the people over there are counting down the days until Flatt retires.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the people over there are counting down the days until Flatt retires.

Really? I don't mean that facetiously...it seems pretty hard to imagine, given all the success they've had. True, they haven't won a state champiosnip in a while, but the split means that to win it all, you probably have to beat a good team twice, which is no easy task.

He will certainly be a hard act to follow.

Announcements