Hard nosed Coaches in 1a

pujo

I think the days of being tough on kids are about over, hardly any ever play if they are banged up a little. My guess is certain schools like Trousdale still does things the old way. Kids are pampered and are not physically or mentally tough as they used to be. Just wanting to know how different coaches do things. This is not a coach bashing thing. Just wondering what method works the best.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trousdale is hard nosed and has a tough a coach as you'll find anywhere. i think this why they have a good ball team every year. i think all coaches need to get back to this "old school" style of coaching

I sort of knew that, don't have alot of kids,but the ones they have are FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It takes an established coach to get by with being tough,or either a school who has been used to it. You can't be tough many places or all the parents will scream or the players will quit. Don't think too many schools are old school any more. I think that is one of the biggest advantages private schools have, their kids are disaplined and their parents stand by the coaches and teachers. They expect alot out of their kids.

I sort of knew that, don't have alot of kids,but the ones they have are FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It takes an established coach to get by with being tough,or either a school who has been used to it. You can't be tough many places or all the parents will scream or the players will quit. Don't think too many schools are old school any more. I think that is one of the biggest advantages private schools have, their kids are disaplined and their parents stand by the coaches and teachers. They expect alot out of their kids.

Funny i see this topic, I seen on the news Today were the Abington VA coach lost his job, But i dont think its only in high school were old school is a thing of the past, Look at alot of college coaches, Pujo, wonder what catagory cosbys coach falls in?

trousdale is hard nosed and has a tough a coach as you'll find anywhere. i think this why they have a good ball team every year. i think all coaches need to get back to this "old school" style of coaching

When Hampton played Trousdale last season, one of the things that stood out to me was, one of Trousdales lineman got hurt, they started to help him ,but he got up on his own and struggled to get off the field by himself, you could tell he was hurting pretty bad. Wasn't long,he was back on the field. Hats off to Trousdale, you have to earn the right to be called a Yellow Jacket. Thats my kind of TEAM.

Funny i see this topic, I seen on the news Today were the Abington VA coach lost his job, But i dont think its only in high school were old school is a thing of the past, Look at alot of college coaches, Pujo, wonder what catagory cosbys coach falls in?

I think Cosby is in the process of being old school. they are probably not their yet. These coaches don't last to long nowadays.Coach Ricker from South Greene was a very tough coach, He got fired. The last time South Greene played Cloudland, he told Mike, people like them were like dinasours,very few left.

If what I heard is true I think coach Tapp at Harriman is pretty hard core. The story I was told was when he took over the first thing he did was kick some troublemakers off the team that had been starters and had alot of talent and played the season with 18 players mostly 9th and 10th graders.

Like I said I don't know if it's true but if it is I think it's great the man wanted players with class that would work for what they got.

If what I heard is true I think coach Tapp at Harriman is pretty hard core. The story I was told was when he took over the first thing he did was kick some troublemakers off the team that had been starters and had alot of talent and played the season with 18 players mostly 9th and 10th graders.

Like I said I don't know if it's true but if it is I think it's great the man wanted players with class that would work for what they got.

If this is true, I think the coach should be applauded...

coalfield has a pretty hard nose coach

they r a really good football team

brandon daivs ,steven gunter,jj,johnny hill,drake liles,jessie keith ,r the real good ones but that coach is really tough