Houston -vs- White Station

Mttgil11p

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game,with White Station coming off two big wins in a row,one in O.T and the other coming down to the wire.Can they keep from coming out flat?Houston coming off a double O.T win at Germantown.With Ridgeway playing on Thursday night,I cant decide if I want to go see this game or Wooddale -Germantown game.Big night of football in Memphis.

well Gilbert, seeing as week in and week out ya'll absolutely over achieve considering the lack of raw athleticism in comparison to most other teams in ur region, i believe this will be a close game with WSHS coming out on top. It will be a close game when it absolutely shouldn't be considering the talent of the WSHS team. Gilbo, ur gonna have a heck of a time runnin the ball against that ferocious WS linebacking core, good luck to ya

I've come into this forum and read thread after thread that insinuated and in some cases, flat out stated, how overrated Houston is suppose to be. Yet, here we are, 2 games from the end of the season with Houston at 6-2 and possibly going 7-2 with a victory over White Station. I've read threads that infered that their defense was suspect. Their offense wasn't too hot. Their players weren't athletic enough. Personally, I haven't seen them play ... and I doubted whether or not they had the right stuff to beat Germantown. Well brother ... not anymore. They have made a believer out of me.

I've come into this forum and read thread after thread that insinuated and in some cases, flat out stated, how overrated Houston is suppose to be. Yet, here we are, 2 games from the end of the season with Houston at 6-2 and possibly going 7-2 with a victory over White Station. I've read threads that infered that their defense was suspect. Their offense wasn't too hot. Their players weren't athletic enough. Personally, I haven't seen them play ... and I doubted whether or not they had the right stuff to beat Germantown. Well brother ... not anymore. They have made a believer out of me.

Got to agree with you, if they are overrated what does that make G/town??

Just proves my earlier post, the hardest game R/way is going to have is the 1st game in the playoffs, and after that it is really going to be rough.

I know nothing about anything east of here but is there a tighter region than 8??

well Gilbert, seeing as week in and week out ya'll absolutely over achieve considering the lack of raw athleticism in comparison to most other teams in ur region, i believe this will be a close game with WSHS coming out on top. It will be a close game when it absolutely shouldn't be considering the talent of the WSHS team. Gilbo, ur gonna have a heck of a time runnin the ball against that ferocious WS linebacking core, good luck to ya

They do have some pretty good backers and some good receivers. It'll be a tough game, you're right and they are undefeated, but we'll see what we can do. We're starting to come along..but you kinda have your own hands full with Currie and ECS on Friday night, so hopefully yall have the athelticism to get the job done, but John Michael will have to have a heck of a night...

Just proves my earlier post, the hardest game R/way is going to have is the 1st game in the playoffs, and after that it is really going to be rough.

I know nothing about anything east of here but is there a tighter region than 8??

People have said that region 6 is tough, but if I'm right, I think they only have maybe 4 (if that many) contending teams, but I could be wrong...8-5a is pretty loaded

PAPAWOFBOO

I have personally dubbed 8-5A the SEC of Tennessee High School Football. It is the most fitting description. Along that type of thinking, GEOGRAPHICALLY SPEAKING, that would make the 8-5A West (SEC West) consist of White Station, Wooddale, Whitehaven, and Hamilton. The 8-5A East (SEC East), conversely, would be Houston, Germantown, Collierville, and Kirby. On the other hand, if I had to pick a team that would best reflect their SEC counterpart ... I don't think they would be the same geographically. I hope I communicated that correctly so you understand what I mean.