West TN 1A Playoff Bracket

MOTO24

It seems like regions 1 thru 4 communicate a lot more than regions 5 thru 8 communicate with one another. I'm most familiar with region 5 but I'd like to hear more from regions 6 thru 8 (before the playoffs start).

From what I can tell, the following teams have secured a playoff spot to date:

Jo Byrns

cascade

Mt. Pleasant

McKenzie

Fayette Academy

Trinity Christian

Jackson Christian

Are there any other teams that have secured a playoff spot? Also, who do you feel is the favorite to make it to the championship?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 7-1A, McKenzie should be your region champs barring a collosal meltdown. The final three spots are being fought over by Lake County, Union City, Bruceton, and West Carroll, with WC probably being the odd team out. The outcome of the Lake County-Bruceton game in Week 10 will determine who goes where. If Lake County wins, you're looking at a potential 3-way tie for 2nd place at 5-2 and if I remember the tiebreak system right, that'd put LC 2nd in the region as they have the highest number of wins. If Bruceton wins, they're 2nd, UC 3rd, and LC 4th.

In 8-1A, Fayette, JCS, and TCA are in, and Manassas probably grabs the last spot. Best I can tell, it comes down to the TCA-FA game in Week 10. If Fayette wins, they're champs followed by JCS and TCA. If TCA wins, then they're champs followed by FA and JCS.

Playoff scenarios might be slightly off...doing this very quickly.

In 7-1A, McKenzie should be your region champs barring a collosal meltdown. The final three spots are being fought over by Lake County, Union City, Bruceton, and West Carroll, with WC probably being the odd team out. The outcome of the Lake County-Bruceton game in Week 10 will determine who goes where. If Lake County wins, you're looking at a potential 3-way tie for 2nd place at 5-2 and if I remember the tiebreak system right, that'd put LC 2nd in the region as they have the highest number of wins. If Bruceton wins, they're 2nd, UC 3rd, and LC 4th.

In 8-1A, Fayette, JCS, and TCA are in, and Manassas probably grabs the last spot. Best I can tell, it comes down to the TCA-FA game in Week 10. If Fayette wins, they're champs followed by JCS and TCA. If TCA wins, then they're champs followed by FA and JCS.

Playoff scenarios might be slightly off...doing this very quickly.

i have no basis for this opinion but I feel in my gut that TCA beats fayette acadamey in week ten. :lol:

i have no basis for this opinion but I feel in my gut that TCA beats fayette acadamey in week ten. ;)

I was under the impression that McKenzie and Fayette Academy were the top teams in regions 7 & 8. Based on your post, I take it you think Fayette Academy is over rated? Is McKenzie the team to beat as far as regions 7 & 8 are concerned?

To me Jo Byrns is still the fav. to come out of the West. McKenzie seems to be playing very well though and could make some noise deep into the play offs as well as Fayette Academy. At the beginning of the year Jo Byrns was my pick to make it to the title game out of the west they have givin me no reason not to stick with them. ;)

To me Jo Byrns is still the fav. to come out of the West. McKenzie seems to be playing very well though and could make some noise deep into the play offs as well as Fayette Academy. At the beginning of the year Jo Byrns was my pick to make it to the title game out of the west they have givin me no reason not to stick with them. ;)

Might want to add Cascade to the list.

Here are my projections for the finishing order in regions 7 & 8 A:

Region 7A

McKinzie 7-0

Bruceton 6-1

Union City 5-2

Lake County 4-3

Region 8A

Fayette Acadamy 5-0

JCS 4-1

TCA 3-2

Manassass at Halls winner in week 10 2-3

First Round Playoff Games

Manassas/Halls at McKinzie

Union City at JCS

TCA at Bruceton

Lake County at Fayette Acadamy

These games are just my own projections based on available information.

To me Jo Byrns is still the fav. to come out of the West. McKenzie seems to be playing very well though and could make some noise deep into the play offs as well as Fayette Academy. At the beginning of the year Jo Byrns was my pick to make it to the title game out of the west they have givin me no reason not to stick with them. :thumb:

How does your team rate with mount pleasant?

I was under the impression that McKenzie and Fayette Academy were the top teams in regions 7 & 8. Based on your post, I take it you think Fayette Academy is over rated? Is McKenzie the team to beat as far as regions 7 & 8 are concerned?

Fayette Academy is a run team and ranks low on the pass. TCA is a little more balanced than Fayette Academy. I have not seen either play. Am making predictions blindly. Fayette Academy does not finish well. Seem to be sluggish from what I gather from other friends. But Mckenzie beat Mount Pleasant in preseason 4 to 1. Not saying that was then and this is now but wasn't impressed.

How does your team rate with mount pleasant?

I don't want to speak for reaction but...If you're wondering how JBHS stacks up against Mt. Pleasant, I'd say pretty well. Of course last year JBHS beat MP by 1 point (in the 3rd round of the playoffs). Someone from MP may disagree but I'd say this year’s team (MP) is not quite as good as last year’s team (just looking at their record). With that said, all JBHS fans believe this year’s team is better than last years team based on the fact that their defense has improved greatly and the offense hasn't skipped a beat despite the loss of their QB. Basically JBHS has the same team as last year (except for the QB) but they have added more speed and size to the defense. All things equal I'd say if McKenzie beat MP 4 to 1, they and JBHS would seem to be pretty equal.

I'd like for someone from MP to respond and let me know what you think about this year’s team vs. last years.