UNICOI COUNTY VS SULLIVAN EAST

GLee

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That had to be the worst game Unicoi has played since Tennessee High, They're opening drive looked great, then they stopped East twice inside the five, Offense never got it going again. Can't win with defense on the field all night. I hope everything works out playoff wise. But I dont see how a 3-6 team can even be in the running.

bucdaddio, thought you were a Boonie? Why would you be at the Unicoi-Central game then??

We will find out what EHS has next week. Against Johnson County with the playoff berth on the line, senior night, big crowd on both sides......time to lay it all on the line......

I am a Boonie, you're right. Daughter plays basketball. Daughter's boyfriend plays football for the Blue Devils, so I'll be there for senior night.

Unicoi showed how classless they could be tonight...

Good game, but that was immature to not shake hands. Hope you blue devils feel good. :D

Sullivan East played hard and motivated all night. The Devils mentally broke down and lost all sense of urgency and focus. I see the decision to not shake hands as a matter of getting volatile kids off the field before anything else could happen; I don't really feel like it was an effort to disrespect East's players or coaches. When frustration and disappointment combine with embarrassment (provided by the Patriots stellar play), young men can make ill decisions. However, I still do not understand why the officials found it necessary to take another snap with 2 seconds left on the clock. They made no effort to stop 48 seconds from rolling off the clock on the previous drive, so why disrupt a senior night celebration or a post game wrap-up (shake hands-dress-leave)? The Devils and Patriots were set to shake hands and go through with the rest of their respective seasons before the head official found it necessary to force everyone back on the sidelines and take another snap. The responsibility of the incident falls on the player's lapse in judgement, but the opportunity should not have been there. Once again, congratulations to the Patriots- your victory was well earned. To the Devils and their faithful- there is still everything to play for. No one has claimed that forth playoff spot...step up and seize it! The only way to get this horrible taste out of your mouth is to throw yourself completely into the game against Sullivan Central. Prepare harder than you ever have this season for anyone- Listen to your coaches and lean on each other. This loss should hurt, but you are by no means dead and out. Come back as strong as I know you can and claim what should already be yours!

Edited by Hustle_Will_Win

WOW.........The Devils will play the biggest game for Unicoi / Erwin in 20-25 years. I thougt the East game would be decisive but now Central looms larger than ever. The Devils have played tough and put themselves in the proper position for a playoff spot. Good luck.......