Top Linebackers in 1A

BigDogBaller

Just ask other teams in the region and see who they think is the better linebacker between the two. Spencer got DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!! That is voted by the coaches of other teams. Spencer didnt get the recognition he deserved like Estep did. A player that gets all-state on a decent team looks a lot better than an all-state caliber player who plays on a really good team with two all-staters and a slew of other good ones.

Jared Knight from coalfield is a beast in the middle as he weighs in at 6'0 235 lbs. and recently ran a 4.7 last year as a junior he registered 110 tackles and 12 for a loss. sounds pretty good. :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Knight from coalfield is a beast in the middle as he weighs in at 6'0 235 lbs. and recently ran a 4.7 last year as a junior he registered 110 tackles and 12 for a loss. sounds pretty good. :)

I'd take Knight over Estep or Grooms in a second. I don't remember the kids name that came from Oliver Springs, but he was very impressive also. Coalfield just may have the best overall linebackers in 1a.

Slick Rick says you are exactly right about the LB Slick Steelman. Josh Smith is the best LB in 1A football. Slick Rick thinks he will play at the next level. Does Slick Steelman agree that Smith can play at a higher level?

Old Pirate wonders if Slick Rick is coaching now and where? Old Pirate would like to know what Slick Rick thinks of SP linebackers for 2007. Old Pirate knows a lot of coaches, but SR's identity is a mistery?

Old Pirate says SP linebackers should be really tough in 2007.

I'd take Knight over Estep or Grooms in a second. I don't remember the kids name that came from Oliver Springs, but he was very impressive also. Coalfield just may have the best overall linebackers in 1a.

the kid from oliver springs is jake haney and he is back this year as well. he registered 20 tackles in the last game and knight registered 19.

lol. Ive never even heard of this guy. Im sure he's good but i dont think he is better than estep or grooms.

You never played against them,if you had ,trust me, you would know him quite well. He also plays fullback and he comes out of the backfield like a bull. Grooms and Estep would cringe at the thought of trying to bring down this boy all night. You better get low or you are going for a ride.

You never played against them,if you had ,trust me, you would know him quite well. He also plays fullback and he comes out of the backfield like a bull. Grooms and Estep would cringe at the thought of trying to bring down this boy all night. You better get low or you are going for a ride.

Truthfully speaking, you haven't played against them either, your not on the field. I will say that I'm sure he is a good player though. I doubt that grooms and estep would cringe at the thought of trying to bring him down though. Both young men are good competitors and would probably love to play against him.

Linebackers from Coalfield can't be that good, didn't Hamptons backup RB run all over them.

you mean that line run all over them, that line could have blocked for 4A teams

Yeah ,and the line will be quite a bit bigger this season, if they can get quicker off the ball,its going to be hard to stop them. They may pass the ball a little more this season. They are running quite a bit of spread in spring practice. Don't get me wrong, they will still run the ball alot.