all district?

dixiepixie14

Usually on the keeper, it's fewest goals allowed in district play. At least in the district I am familiar with.

Fewest goals is not always the deciding factor. A keeper can go 0 in a tournament due to outstanding work by the other players. She might not touch the ball half a dozen times in 4 games and her team win the tournament, but some other keeper get the award because of the enormous challenges she faced eventhough her team did not win the event or was scored on.

Overall, I think 'keeper stats' can be very misleading. There are many variants to the way some keep stats. I've seen some people score a keeper just handling the ball a 'save'. Most scores happen because the ball past 10 other players and then the keeper has a GSA. A keeper may be scored upon 4 times in one game due to an excellent team they faced, but may have actually had a superb game because the score could have just as easily been 14. Plays made inside the box, or cleared kicks, etc. have a lot to do with the keeper's performance. Overall, I think statistics alone are a very poor barometer of the keeper's actual play.

Where can we find a complete list of District winners of girls through out the State?

If you are asking about a list of all district teams, I don't think there is a list for the whole state. Even our local paper only puts a tiny "blurb" in the sports section, and not even on line. The best place to get any info that you are wanting is right here.

BigG, through your contacts, would you be able to have those with the info forward any post-season awards to you for posting? It is frustrating to try and find a source for this info...and coachT seems to be the ONLY place for good soccer info.

I'll do what I can, but most times even I miss the blurb in our own paper (or I can't find the magnifying glass to read it!)

There are a LOT of districts (14 I think) but we'll try to post them. If you have them, please put them on this thread.

Fewest goals is not always the deciding factor. A keeper can go 0 in a tournament due to outstanding work by the other players. She might not touch the ball half a dozen times in 4 games and her team win the tournament, but some other keeper get the award because of the enormous challenges she faced eventhough her team did not win the event or was scored on.

Agree wholeheartedly. Just an observation on how it is done in the district I am familiar with. It's a two edged sword. Many times a keeper doesn't touch the ball because they do a great job of organizing and directing their backline. As pointed out elsewhere, the biggest problem with keeper statistics is that very few at the high school level keep them in accordance with the NCAA standards. You see some with a keeper having 25 saves with 6 shots on goal. Pure judgement on the statician. Then you have just the opposite, wide whichever way, but still recorded as a shot on goal.