Mr. Football Official Thread

CoachT

LB Chris Tuck from Jo Byrns put on a good show Friday night. Adding 15 tackles(8 tacles for a loss), 1 sack, two deflections and a forced fumble and fumble recovery.

This puts his totals at 103 tackles, 2 INTS, 1 sack, 4 forced fumbles, and 3 fumble recoveries.

By the way Jo Byrns put up its 4th goose egg in 5 games. And Tuck is the leader of a defense that has given up only 1 TD against its 1st string defense.

and lets not forget that he plays OG on offence against much bigger opponents, and special teams, his motor never stops, he absoutley should be a canidate for mr football and has only played two games after halftime

Edited by reddevilmascot

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to nominate Josh Smith of Temple as a candidate for the Lineman award.

He is leading the city of Chattanooga with 126 tackles in 9 games (14 pg).

I would say he is the heart and soul of the Temple defense and is a beast of a player (6'2, 240). He's had 1 interception on the year. He is a Senior at Temple and hardly ever comes out of the game. I would say he is one of the best (if not the best) MLB's in the state of Tennessee in 1A.

At the fullback position he has 86 carries for 653 yards (6 TD).

pic36206.jpg

Unapproved Website

I know there is differing opinion about this award, but Smith would be a great pick as a lineman. I'm just not sure if they give it to linebackers or not.

After reading here about Unapproved Website I looked it up and Kevin Cooper from Baylor is listed as the #5 fullback in the country. I have seen him over the last two years and he is a tremendous runner. He will be an impact player for the Vols at fullback. Just literally runs over people and again as I have seen it mentioned a few times here he plays both ways and gets very little rest. He would be my pick for D2AAA back Coach T.

Tullahoma's QB Cass Barnes ended the season with like 2,600 Total Offence Yards and like 30 Total TD's what more do you want in a QB.....

My 3A Mr. Football nominee is Senior #3 Joey Beach of Cheatham County.

Stats:

45 receptions

981 yards

15 receiving Td's

179 yards rushing

2 rushing Td's

109 passing yards

1 passing Td

43.6 yards per punt

28 Extra Points

1/1 Field goals

Forget everything else he does, the 981 receiving yards and 15 receiving Td's in 10 games are "other worldly" in Tennessee high school football.

Now, those stats are impressive, but let me point out something VERY important: Joey Beach's numbers are not merely inflated because they've come in blow-out wins against powder-puff teams, or because Cheatham throws it 30-35 times per game. Kyle Christmas, their starting QB, has 1367 yards with 20 Td's. Joey Beach has accounted for 71.8% of Christmas' yards and 75% of his Td's. Teams know where the ball is going, and they still haven't been able to stop this guy. In 3 games versus Giles County (9-1), Sycamore (7-3), and David Lipscomb (9-1), Joey Beach amassed 16 catches for 327 yards and 7 Td's, while averaging his normal 43.6 yards per punt. I think this guy needs some SERIOUS attention.

and lets not forget that he plays OG on offence against much bigger opponents, and special teams, his motor never stops, he absoutley should be a canidate for mr football and has only played two games after halftime

first round of playoffs- #52 TUCK of JO BYRNS 22 tackles , 15 primary,7 assist I REALLY HOPE THIS GUY IS A CANIDATE he never comes off the field