Heritage at William Blount

TG24

I thought this was about Heritage and the Govs? The debate about wb and the Owls needs to go somewhere else. Back to the game, the bell sure would sound good going back to the Mountians, but I dont think it is going to happen this year. If Willy B gets ahead quickly the mountaineers will fold up. If WB turns it over or plays undisiplined, Heritage will make a game of it. So it is up to the Govs, look ahead and your in for a fight, or focus and it will be a blow out. I hope they turn it over and play undisiplined myself. Heritage 14 WB 34 or Heritage 21 wb 20 :thumb:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the Bradley Bears would like another shot at WB. WB scored 3 touchdowns within 4 minutes. Same with Oak Ridge. What happened in the Bradley game Govman? I mean you won by 7 points.

We nearly lost in the Bradley game, Mr. Owl. Bradley could have won the game just as easily as WB. It just so happened WB made a few plays at the end to win. Sound familiar IAM. Once again, we don't claim to be the best team in 5A. We know where we stand, and you will know where you stand to in a few weeks.

By the way, the Bell has not been brought out all week. It is in a closet in the gym.

We nearly lost in the Bradley game, Mr. Owl. Bradley could have won the game just as easily as WB. It just so happened WB made a few plays at the end to win. Sound familiar IAM. Once again, we don't claim to be the best team in 5A. We know where we stand, and you will know where you stand to in a few weeks.

By the way, the Bell has not been brought out all week. It is in a closet in the gym.

The bell? What in the world are you talking about?

The bell? What in the world are you talking about?

There is a William Blount/Heritage victory bell, that the winner gets to keep until the next year. It's been a foundation of the rivalry since the first meeting. Usually, the bell is out in the lunchroom the week of the game, for the students and players to ring, but for some reason it hasn't been out this year.

There is a William Blount/Heritage victory bell, that the winner gets to keep until the next year. It's been a foundation of the rivalry since the first meeting. Usually, the bell is out in the lunchroom the week of the game, for the students and players to ring, but for some reason it hasn't been out this year.

Actually, young TG, the bell hasn't been around since the first meeting. It was actually introduced back in the 90's sometime I believe. It has lost some of it's luster and appeal, because Blount has been in possession of it for quiet a while now.

Still, I'm disappointed they haven't brought it out this week. Why don't you mention it to Mr. Brewer or Lafon or Moore? Tell them I said.

I really don't think the Govs have anything to worry about. Their defense is far too superior to let a team like Heritage in the game. The Govs had their bad game against Bradley... you have to win those tough ones when you are not on top of your game. This year the Govs have won win they absolutely needed to.

Heritage is weak anyway, but they have a number injuries and as a result, have gone down hill all year. They are clearly the worst team in 2-5A--even Soddy and Bradley are a little above them.

I believe the Govs will win this by three touchdowns.

OK boys, If you want to keep kicking Bradley then we will have reply. I tried to take the high road with my previous post but I would have to point out that Bradley had 15 first downs to Blount'ss 6. You only had (1) sustained drive. The other two scores were long runs (49) & (41) off Bradley turnovers for the other two scores.

OK boys, If you want to keep kicking Bradley then we will have reply. I tried to take the high road with my previous post but I would have to point out that Bradley had 15 first downs to Blount'ss 6. You only had (1) sustained drive. The other two scores were long runs (49) & (41) off Bradley turnovers for the other two scores.

No one that I've seen from WB has "kicked Bradley" on this thread. The folks I know from WB feel very lucky to have escpaped with a win ... you guys outplayed us, no question.

Looks like Bradley has a good coach ... some good young talent ... and some good supporters ... it would be great to see you all get in "the mix" in the region in the next few years.

No one that I've seen from WB has "kicked Bradley" on this thread. The folks I know from WB feel very lucky to have escpaped with a win ... you guys outplayed us, no question.

Looks like Bradley has a good coach ... some good young talent ... and some good supporters ... it would be great to see you all get in "the mix" in the region in the next few years.

GovMan just make sure Meadows knows when to take a knee in this one and I am assured that you guys will win. GO TRIBE!!!

Actually, young TG, the bell hasn't been around since the first meeting. It was actually introduced back in the 90's sometime I believe.

Gov-Man I was under the impression that the bell was around longer than that.

I heard the idea came when former members of the Blount County School Board back in 1979 all grooved to Anita Ward's new hit "Ring My Bell." :thumb:

Watch out for young Mr. Cermak at Hairatige. He's goin to be a good 'un.

well the bell has all the dates, and i think scores.....painted on to the bell.

It has all the years Heritage had possession of the bell on the Light Blue and Red sides.....

Then it has all the years for WB's possession on the Navy Blue and Orange sides.

SO i say we pull it out these last 2 days of the week, someone check the dates and find out if its that big a big deal, lol and lets cheer at the pep rally 4th block... lets get pumped up, and get ready to play the way we played when our record was 0-0.... good ole fashion pigskin. KNOCK THE LIVING ###### OUT OF THE OPPONENT. And lets celebrate!!.... because its Senior Night! The last night us seniors get to play here on Mike White Field...and maybe the last time in this county. Lets rejoice! "IT IS DONE!!!" - as we say in the locker room in memory of our loved friend Sean Morris!!