bruceton vs. lake county

bballchamps

ucdiditagain, what was the score of UC/Greenfield in the first half, if i heard right it was 7-6. IS that right?

The score at the half after Union City scored late in the second quarter was

U C 14

Greenfield 6

Greenfield played a very good game. They have a good back at #44 and receiver #15.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score at the half after Union City scored late in the second quarter was

U C 14

Greenfield 6

Greenfield played a very good game. They have a good back at #44 and receiver #15.

You know you can have two or three athlete's and make some noise, but if you don't have a cohesive unit of guys you aint going far. :thumb:

Should be a good game once again for the first half. Bruceton & the Chad Jordon Show will cross the 2000 yard mark in this game. He is only 106 shy of that mark. Brucetons big line coupled with Jordon will make for a LONG night for the Falcons. I made the right predictions on the McKenzie / Lake Co. game and this will be no different. Good luck to both teams but by far McKenzie & Bruceton are the 2 best teams in the region with out any questions asked.

Yes, Union City is down this year and could loose to West Carroll. If the line of West Carroll is much better than Greenfield then it will be a long night for the Tornadoes and might just be home watching the playoffs after week # 10. Greenfield gave Union City all they wanted in the first half but conditioning took over in the game.

Good luck to all and hope you play injury free games. Union City had their turn last year and a season to remember. Now it is someone elses turn.

Go Tornadoes!!!!!

If Union City loses to West Carroll someone should start a FireJimFishel web site!!!!...West Carroll is AWFUL......

I still think Lake County will beat Bruceton though.....

bruceton has a high powered offense. the line is great and chad jordan and bubba matlock make way for total domination. jordan is going to break 2000 this week. that is amazing. Lake co. is a great team with or without springer. if everyone is healthy for both teams it should be a great battle. i want everyone's real score opinion. i have bruceton 27-13. bruceton's defense showed me a lot against west carroll's big back.

I have been reading about some incredible rushing stats about the Jordan kid. Is it true that he had a 400+ and 300+ yard rushing game. If so who were the teams they were playing on those nights. Would you say that Jordan is a better running back than Joe Longmire a former Bruceton great. This game will depend a lot on the health of Springer and Yancy. They need to be 100%. Bruceton always plays us tough especially at home. Our kids need to be ready to play four full quarters of smashmouth football. No taking a break and good clean hard tackling to let them know you were there. I am sure Bruceton will be doing the same. Hey LC seniors, if you are reading this, this will be your last regular season game. It is now time to play every game like it will be your last. Good luck to all Region 7 1A teams in the playoffs first and then to all of the West Tennessee teams. I would sure like to see a West Tennessee sweep of the championships. I don't believe that has happened since 1985. Just one more thing that I have to say. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but those Mckenzie Rebels fans are class acts. I like that....I will do my best to emulate that...no promises though.. :thumb:

I have been reading about some incredible rushing stats about the Jordan kid. Is it true that he had a 400+ and 300+ yard rushing game. If so who were the teams they were playing on those nights. Would you say that Jordan is a better running back than Joe Longmire a former Bruceton great. This game will depend a lot on the health of Springer and Yancy. They need to be 100%. Bruceton always plays us tough especially at home. Our kids need to be ready to play four full quarters of smashmouth football. No taking a break and good clean hard tackling to let them know you were there. I am sure Bruceton will be doing the same. Hey LC seniors, if you are reading this, this will be your last regular season game. It is now time to play every game like it will be your last. Good luck to all Region 7 1A teams in the playoffs first and then to all of the West Tennessee teams. I would sure like to see a West Tennessee sweep of the championships. I don't believe that has happened since 1985. Just one more thing that I have to say. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but those Mckenzie Rebels fans are class acts. I like that....I will do my best to emulate that...no promises though.. :thumb:

Chad Jordan leads ALL of west Tennessee in ALL ( 5 ) classifiactions in rushing and WILL go over the 2000 yard mark against Lake County.

To answer everyones question about Union City:

It is hard to believe that U C was in the Single A finals last year and by loosing 23 seniors will make your team look bad. The main thing Union city is missing from being a good team is a line. We have 2 Seniors and the rest Soph. & Fresh on the lines and then our best young lineman is out with a broken foot and he is the Kicker/Lineman ( just a Freshman ). We have a good quarterback, running backs and receivers. If you have no line then the quarterback is running for his life most of the time which doesn't give time for anything.

As for the coaching staff:

We have one ( 1 ) coach with much exsperience on his side and that is Fishel. The others are just out of college with NO exsperience and another is a guy who is volunteering his time. We are just like what a person said back a few weeks ago that was a Bruceton fan. The right players are not playing football at Union City and what we are use to having out on the field are just simply not playing sports. NOONE these days wants to put the time in that it takes to have a winning program but very few. What I mean is 2 - a - days in the 100 degree weather in the summer. It takes leadership which we do not have on the Union City team like we have had in the past.

Every team we have beaten by we have gone up against coaching staffs that have been together for 10, 15 even 20 years. Even with players that are good and shilled, that is hard to top. Things will get better in Union City. Just look at Obion County, they once was the doormatt of Western Tennessee. Now they have players and coaches who believe in themselves and the system. No, they are not winning in their respected region and probably won't, but they can play with most of them to a point and even might just suprise one if the mistakes are cut down. When you start loosing no one wants to play and when you start winning everyone wants to be on that team

Example: UTM ( University of Tennessee @ Martin ). They use to be very bad and now since they have been winning over the past few years everything has turned around for them.

Going off my soap box now by ending with this statement: " Union City Never Rebuids, They Reload ". Just look at Union City back in the early 80's and then look at the 90's. In the earkly 80's they weren't very good but in the 90's NOONE could stop them much. Trends happen and it just happens to be Union city is in a downward trend right now but they will rebound back in a few years.

We all have to remember these are kids the coaches are dealing with.

Go Union City, Obion County & South Fulton.

Chad Jordan leads ALL of west Tennessee in ALL ( 5 ) classifiactions in rushing and WILL go over the 2000 yard mark against Lake County.

To answer everyones question about Union City:

It is hard to believe that U C was in the Single A finals last year and by loosing 23 seniors will make your team look bad. The main thing Union city is missing from being a good team is a line. We have 2 Seniors and the rest Soph. & Fresh on the lines and then our best young lineman is out with a broken foot and he is the Kicker/Lineman ( just a Freshman ). We have a good quarterback, running backs and receivers. If you have no line then the quarterback is running for his life most of the time which doesn't give time for anything.

As for the coaching staff:

We have one ( 1 ) coach with much exsperience on his side and that is Fishel. The others are just out of college with NO exsperience and another is a guy who is volunteering his time. We are just like what a person said back a few weeks ago that was a Bruceton fan. The right players are not playing football at Union City and what we are use to having out on the field are just simply not playing sports. NOONE these days wants to put the time in that it takes to have a winning program but very few. What I mean is 2 - a - days in the 100 degree weather in the summer. It takes leadership which we do not have on the Union City team like we have had in the past.

Every team we have beaten by we have gone up against coaching staffs that have been together for 10, 15 even 20 years. Even with players that are good and shilled, that is hard to top. Things will get better in Union City. Just look at Obion County, they once was the doormatt of Western Tennessee. Now they have players and coaches who believe in themselves and the system. No, they are not winning in their respected region and probably won't, but they can play with most of them to a point and even might just suprise one if the mistakes are cut down. When you start loosing no one wants to play and when you start winning everyone wants to be on that team

Example: UTM ( University of Tennessee @ Martin ). They use to be very bad and now since they have been winning over the past few years everything has turned around for them.

Going off my soap box now by ending with this statement: " Union City Never Rebuids, They Reload ". Just look at Union City back in the early 80's and then look at the 90's. In the earkly 80's they weren't very good but in the 90's NOONE could stop them much. Trends happen and it just happens to be Union city is in a downward trend right now but they will rebound back in a few years.

We all have to remember these are kids the coaches are dealing with.

Go Union City, Obion County & South Fulton.

Good post. Lake County has gone through a lot of the same things. And a lot of the trouble in getting kids out is that they just don't want to put in the effort. Not everyone is cut out to be a football player, but out of 120 or so males, you'd think you could find 35-40 that are. And as we've seen, winning certainly can't hurt interest in your program, but it doesn't guarantee that more guys are going to come out and play.

I have been reading about some incredible rushing stats about the Jordan kid. Is it true that he had a 400+ and 300+ yard rushing game. If so who were the teams they were playing on those nights. Would you say that Jordan is a better running back than Joe Longmire a former Bruceton great. This game will depend a lot on the health of Springer and Yancy. They need to be 100%. Bruceton always plays us tough especially at home. Our kids need to be ready to play four full quarters of smashmouth football. No taking a break and good clean hard tackling to let them know you were there. I am sure Bruceton will be doing the same. Hey LC seniors, if you are reading this, this will be your last regular season game. It is now time to play every game like it will be your last. Good luck to all Region 7 1A teams in the playoffs first and then to all of the West Tennessee teams. I would sure like to see a West Tennessee sweep of the championships. I don't believe that has happened since 1985. Just one more thing that I have to say. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but those Mckenzie Rebels fans are class acts. I like that....I will do my best to emulate that...no promises though.. :o

Spellerone, we have met alot of good people on CoachT, In all the posts I've read good and bad, but I think in all theres alot of good sports fans around. I've read your posts and feel the same of you. Good luck to all these kids who are representing thier towns extremely well. And plz no injuries. :o

Thanks spellerone for the complement. We're a decent lot over here in M-town and just like to have fun with our favorite game yet support our neighbors and opponents when we can.

Jordan is good but, I don't think I would say he's in the league with Longmire. That could well be because Jordan won't get as much of a chance as Longmire had to put up numbers. I haven't seen either play all that much though. Some of the Bruceton fans could kick in on this question better than I can.