Pearl-Cohn at Station Camp

Big Country

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job SC I have a really bitter taste in my mouth from that embarrasing show ing of WH, but I have to pull for my neighbor this week. You guys are much better than I thought. I just wish #1 had a better attitude. He is soooo cocky. I remember him punching Ricky Ladd in the neck last year after he tackled him, & then slung him out of bounds by his face mask. That is the one reason I don't like station camp. Just because of #1. I know he's not the whole team & he'll be gone next year - probably playing at the next level, so I'm pulling for SC to go as far as they can without a passing game. Good luck - if you play like you did last week you will win. Whoever said ya'll would put 9 in the box against a shacky QB - you were exactly right. At times this year, he's been an outstanding QB & other times he just got shaky - doesn't make since to me - haven't seen that at WH in years or maybe ever. However, even if he had been on target, it still would'ver probably been a 2 touchdown game if not more.

No that is not me

Well then you know that the guy I was referring to is Wesley Holmes who played LB at PCHS and went on to go play at Tennessee for one year before eventually transferring to TSU where he was an all OVC performer. He was just one part of what I still believe was the most dominant team ever in 4A.

Now back to this game. I don't know is Toney is a "thug" as Bluedevil94 labeled him to be basically or if he's just that way towards White House. What I do know is that he'd better show some class and composure out there or he'll be one of those tremendous high school football players that doesn't quite pan out at the next level. Even the University of Miami (FL) will come down on players hard if they are "punching people" :huh:

I still don't see this one becoming a shootout. If either of them score 20+ the game will probably be over. Sycamore is really the only team in the region that had success moving the ball against both of these teams :thumb:

Good job SC I have a really bitter taste in my mouth from that embarrasing show ing of WH, but I have to pull for my neighbor this week. You guys are much better than I thought. I just wish #1 had a better attitude. He is soooo cocky. I remember him punching Ricky Ladd in the neck last year after he tackled him, & then slung him out of bounds by his face mask. That is the one reason I don't like station camp. Just because of #1. I know he's not the whole team & he'll be gone next year - probably playing at the next level, so I'm pulling for SC to go as far as they can without a passing game. Good luck - if you play like you did last week you will win. Whoever said ya'll would put 9 in the box against a shacky QB - you were exactly right. At times this year, he's been an outstanding QB & other times he just got shaky - doesn't make since to me - haven't seen that at WH in years or maybe ever. However, even if he had been on target, it still would'ver probably been a 2 touchdown game if not more.

I have to tell you something about Randal Toney. He has grown up alot this year. His attitude has improved tremendously. I have spent some time around him away from football the past year, and have seen him mature into a fine young man. I'm proud to cheer for him and all the other Bison each and every week. He has really learned to manage the pressure well.

I have to tell you something about Randal Toney. He has grown up alot this year. His attitude has improved tremendously. I have spent some time around him away from football the past year, and have seen him mature into a fine young man. I'm proud to cheer for him and all the other Bison each and every week. He has really learned to manage the pressure well.

134 attempts with 1,476 yards rushing and 15TD's tells me right away that he's a fine football player ;)

Key to a good QB... not even an outstanding... But just an average QB is CONSISTANCY and the ability to COUNT ON HIM!! :rolleyes:

Toney has matured over the past year and I don't think that you can judge him on the perception that some have given him. I am very proud of the Bison team and coaching staff for the job that they have done this year. I hope that they are not finished with the job. The Bison must once again be willing to "step out of the boat" this week and hopefully bring home a region championship. GO BISON!!!!!!

Station Camp is TCB. They smell the region title and I don't think PC has any idea the stampede they are about to experience. PC might be the closest team to Toney's speed but I think Hollinsworth has the foresight to know that Toney won't be his only weapon Friday. The focus is on Toney and the defensive line is under the radar. PC may be good, but they will have to accept 2nd again this year. IMO, GB will have a close win over WH if they get it together, and that will slide Sycamore and Macon into the playoffs with SC leading the way.

Good luck Station Camp. Finish strong.

Pearl-Cohn at Station Camp Preview in Today's Nashville City Paper

I would like to note that the team that wins this game does not just get to host forthe first two rounds, as was stated in that article, BUT the team that wins this game gets to host for as long as they are playing. East travels West this year once you get to the quarterfinals and semifinals of the playoffs which means that in the upper half of the playoff bracket that Region 4 hosts Region 3 in the quarterfinals (If it's the same region than the highest seed hosts) then in the semifinals Region 3/4 representative hosts Region 1/2 representative. Now what more motivation could be provided than that to either side??????????

Pearl-Cohn at Station Camp Preview in Today's Nashville City Paper

I would like to note that the team that wins this game does not just get to host forthe first two rounds, as was stated in that article, BUT the team that wins this game gets to host for as long as they are playing. East travels West this year once you get to the quarterfinals and semifinals of the playoffs which means that in the upper half of the playoff bracket that Region 4 hosts Region 3 in the quarterfinals (If it's the same region than the highest seed hosts) then in the semifinals Region 3/4 representative hosts Region 1/2 representative. Now what more motivation could be provided than that to either side??????????

I have a question. What about those teams that make it in that didn't win as many? Those with a 6-4 or 5-5 what about those teams? Do they have to travel beings that they didn't win as many as per say Staion Camp? If Station Camp wins out then I am sure they will host all of them if that is my understanding. What about teams like White House, Sycamore or even "US" if me make it in what does that mean as far as host or not get to host? I guess you explained but I wasn't sure exactly what that all meant umm I am assuming that means everyone here in Middle TN travels West? Sorry for asking hope you don't mind explaining again.