Boone vs Morristown East

BIGR35

After last week, the canes will be focused for this game.

BTW The reason people may say Boone is overrated is the loss to volunteer and the close game they had with Cocke co.

You are exactly right. Last weeks close win over Greeneville gave the cause a wake up call. They had been flying high the past couple of games breaking rushing records in each one leading up to the Greeneville game.. That game made them a better team..

And hopefully one can understand why some say Boone was overrated. A loss to Volunteer "rivalry games are always tough and yes records can be thrown out the window" and a close one over Cocke Co. I am certain the Trailblazers come in to Morristown focused and hope the Canes play their best game of the season.

I am going to go with the Canes by 3 if the game is played at Burke-Toney. If it is moved to a good strong field, I've got the Canes by 2 touchdowns..

Any word on the game being moved yet. i called my guy last night and he said it was for sure being discussed.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome. How about Tee Howel? I know his dad really well, but have never seen him play in person, just have heard he was a really good athlete. Is he going to be a kid to look out for in the next couple of years?

Tee is a solid player. I coached him at Meadowview and I just love the kid. Great attitude and a real funny guy. Last week against GV he ran the option about as good as it can be run and scored twice. I think he also returned a kickoff for a TD. I played with his dad at East. The only thing that might hurt him at the next level is his height but other than that, he has got it all.

I think they are calling up:

Tee Howell qb/s

Dee Dee Johnson rb/cb

Demetrius Clark wr/cb

Matt Helton MLB/fb

Tavin Blanton rb/cb

Jared Broyles rb/lb

KJ Kelley Olb/fb

Tee is a solid player. I coached him at Meadowview and I just love the kid. Great attitude and a real funny guy. Last week against GV he ran the option about as good as it can be run and scored twice. I think he also returned a kickoff for a TD. I played with his dad at East. The only thing that might hurt him at the next level is his height but other than that, he has got it all.

I think they are calling up:

Tee Howell qb/s

Dee Dee Johnson rb/cb

Demetrius Clark wr/cb

Matt Helton MLB/fb

Tavin Blanton rb/cb

Jared Broyles rb/lb

KJ Kelley Olb/fb

There are some great athletes on the Fr team. You add those kids to last year's undefeated frosh team and East will be looking good over the next few years. I know that there are some uncomfortable coaches in the area that are watching our frosh teams closely.

BTW The reason people may say Boone is overrated is the loss to volunteer and the close game they had with Cocke co.

No this has been said long before those two games. Heck stush called them a "homecoming team" a while back as well. <_<:rolleyes:

But this is later in the season, and I guess people will have their opinions. I guess teams that win at least 7 games a year have become overrated.

You are exactly right. Last weeks close win over Greeneville gave the cause a wake up call. They had been flying high the past couple of games breaking rushing records in each one leading up to the Greeneville game.. That game made them a better team..

And hopefully one can understand why some say Boone was overrated. A loss to Volunteer "rivalry games are always tough and yes records can be thrown out the window" and a close one over Cocke Co. I am certain the Trailblazers come in to Morristown focused and hope the Canes play their best game of the season.

I am going to go with the Canes by 3 if the game is played at Burke-Toney. If it is moved to a good strong field, I've got the Canes by 2 touchdowns..

Any word on the game being moved yet. i called my guy last night and he said it was for sure being discussed.

I'm kind of standing back and away from the overrated comments that get thrown around on this board. I know you don't really throw that comment around though. I mean, a team beats another team on a certain Friday night, yet others say "well it was an upset, the team is overrated even though they won" blah blah blah. Any team is capable of winning a game on any given Friday. How does that put anyone as overrated?

A move to a different venue could be very interesting and I could understand people giving the edge to East. Either way, we know it is going to be a cold Friday, who knows if it will be a wet one.

If the game is in the mud/sod/sawdust in Mo Town I will take Boone by 3. I think the power running and something to prove will be the difference. If you go to a solid field with good playing conditions I will say a toss up with a fumble or interception deciding the winner. Boone's main concern should be the MoEast speed and MoEast should concentrate on stopping things between the tackles.

Boone 20 MoEast 17.

"Overrated" is a term some East fans love to use. They chant it before every MEast/MWest game!