SULLIVAN CENTRAL AT UNICOI COUNTY

GLee

The Devils must prove that they can win the big game. Dont rely on Johnson Co to beat Elizabethton, worry about Central first. Then focus on the 'Horns beating the Cyclones. Central has nothing to play for, but dont think that they would love to spoil Erwin's playoff intentions and not go 0-10. Devils bounce back and beat the Cougars by a TD. Thurs or Fri night?

Disagree with your thoughts on Central. They have plenty to play for and that was showcased this past Friday night. Central is a team on the edge and they are ready to pounce on something. Betsy was nearly that something. Pride is definately something to play for and the Cougars will be out for some hide. Central is very close, stat wise, to Unicoi and it will be a dandy game. On the other side, I believe the Devils have as good a team as they have had in 20+ years and they execute well when needed. I thought they would seal the deal vs. East. There are alot of pressure games this week and this is certainly one of THEM.

I did say BIG didn't I?

Good luck to both and good health........

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with your thoughts on Central. They have plenty to play for and that was showcased this past Friday night. Central is a team on the edge and they are ready to pounce on something. Betsy was nearly that something. Pride is definately something to play for and the Cougars will be out for some hide. Central is very close, stat wise, to Unicoi and it will be a dandy game. On the other side, I believe the Devils have as good a team as they have had in 20+ years and they execute well when needed. I thought they would seal the deal vs. East. There are alot of pressure games this week and this is certainly one of THEM.

I did say BIG didn't I?

Good luck to both and good health........

Only thing they can do is knock Unicoi out of the playoffs. Other than tha, wuts @ stake?

Only thing they can do is knock Unicoi out of the playoffs. Other than tha, wuts @ stake?

You must have never played or competed?

PRIDE!

And that is exactly what Unicoi is playing for also........yes, a playoff spot is at stake but even moreso, PRIDE.

I'm with you all the way on this one GLee...you hit the nail on the head

And I'm not even a Blue Devil but what I have for them is respect. They've earned it and as I said on another thread, I'm not easily impressed. Of course, I have quite a bit of respect for their opponent this week. They are better than thier record. Good luck.......

You must have never played or competed?

PRIDE!

And that is exactly what Unicoi is playing for also........yes, a playoff spot is at stake but even moreso, PRIDE.

0-10 or 1-9 sure is a lot of pride the last time I checked. Win or lose they still are the worst team in the Tri-Cities and theyll still be awful. I believe Erwin wants a playoff spot instead pride.

what happens if Elizabethton loses, East loses, Unicoi loses then who is 4th? I dont quite understand the outcomes. someoone please explain if everyone has the same record, what does it come down to to make it fair?

Out of conference records........a summary is on www.TSSAA.org

Of course, head to head comes first.

Info is via the TSSAA web site

http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateFo...bilities.htm#4A

Sullivan South is first. Tennessee is second.

If Elizabethton wins, Elizabethton is third and Johnson County is fourth.

If Johnson County wins and Unicoi County loses, Johnson County is third and Elizabethton is fourth.

If Johnson County wins, Unicoi County wins, and Sullivan South wins, Johnson County is third and Unicoi County is fourth.

If Johnson County wins, Unicoi County wins, Sullivan East wins, and Tennessee wins, Johnson County is third and Sullivan East is fourth.

If Johnson County wins, Unicoi County wins, Sullivan North wins, and Sullivan East wins, Johnson County is third and Sullivan North is fourth.

what happens if Elizabethton loses, East loses, Unicoi loses then who is 4th? I dont quite understand the outcomes. someoone please explain if everyone has the same record, what does it come down to to make it fair?

Hey Recruitguru. Good to see that you are back in action. Good luck to all NE Tennessee teams, whoever they be, down the road in the playoffs. I am personally pulling for the Blue Devils. The scenarios are poted very nicely on this thread. ]

No injuries for anyone.

Sincerely,

Coach B.

Edited by Coach B.

Hey Coach B, I still dont get it, oh well I guess just see the out come, it doesnt make much sense to me, I am still waiting to hear about surgery and all that stuff and basically have just been trying to rest a little, I hope everyone has good games as well with hopefully no injuries, I just hate to see it all come to a close. But I will still get to see you track season so that makes me happy.

Hey Coach B, I still dont get it, oh well I guess just see the out come, it doesnt make much sense to me, I am still waiting to hear about surgery and all that stuff and basically have just been trying to rest a little, I hope everyone has good games as well with hopefully no injuries, I just hate to see it all come to a close. But I will still get to see you track season so that makes me happy.

Guru, Does that young'en of yours play baseball or basketball?