Huntingdon vs. Humboldt

GlenChervin

i saw huntingdon play GC 2 weeks ago and GC was either really getting after them or Huntingdon wasn't blocking well...idk...and on offense i was surprised to see cunningham run on them like he did...that's the only game ive seen huntingdon play so im not making a judgement off of that game but it just surprised me against GC...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw huntingdon play GC 2 weeks ago and GC was either really getting after them or Huntingdon wasn't blocking well...idk...and on offense i was surprised to see cunningham run on them like he did...that's the only game ive seen huntingdon play so im not making a judgement off of that game but it just surprised me against GC...

Are you talking about the Huntingdon-Gibson County game?

Cunningham had 74 yds. on the night and come out of the game after a big hit by Cederic Harris. He came off the field and threw his helmut down on the playing field. I give him credit though. He came back a series later but was a non factor in the game. He probably averaged 3 yds. a carry.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

If and it is a very big if, huntingdon plays like that are supposed to i dont know they will have any trouble with humboldt. Everything Humboldt got off of Westview was either from some stupid mistake by Westview or missed calls by officals. I believe if we go in on offense and use our power of Chris Donald and Sherrill in the backfield we will be unstoppable.

Also on a defensive perspective, I dont see Humboldt being able to drive the ball on us but we have to be able to stay away from the big play. I thought we played better against usj but i cant we are still capable of playing alot better than that and now is the time to turn it on.

Easy now I don't think I would go into a must win game saying it will be easy. I think ya'll win but i doubt it will be easily. Huntingdon DBs are not very good and it would be real easy for Wardlow to throw a hail mary and let Epperson outjump and outrun everyone. One play and Donald is gone. Huntingdon needs to play well but I do think they will win.

The big thing is we win and we're in the playoffs or we lose and we can sit around and ask what if. I can't believe we can win and finish second in the region and with a Milan loss we're champs. It's tough on the Bulldogs having to forfeit those 4 games but they're in the playoffs and that's what should really matter to them.

Chris is running hard these past couple of games but I think he's 90% which is better than lots of players at 100%. We've played better since Milan and we just had some terrible breakdowns that game along with numerous breakdowns during the season. I saw Humboldt on the tube playing Westview and they looked good. We'll have a tough game ahead of us against Humboldt but I think the Mustangs realize the urgency now.

It's been a tough year for the Mustangs but I don't think you'll see any of them making excuses. Win Friday night and the season starts all over again... :lol:

Good luck Friday night against Humboldt from across the creek in M-town. It's a Carroll Co. thang!!!!!!!!

i thought we played extremely well this game myself...our boys came out hyped up and played pretty good all game..our defense did pretty well...donald looked dern good that night too he was running soft towards the wholes but on defense he was getting after it...huntingdon will win this 1 ;) and someone said they think humboldt has the most athletes in this region...i think that award goes to milan for sure!!!!

Even though we have lost the last 3 years it's definately the most exciting game of the year. I imagine we'll meet again this year but this will be the first year I feel like we have the clear cut better team since 03. 04 ya'll we're better. 05 teams we're about even and ya'll won all those games. It sounds to me like it's about time for things to start evening out. Good luck to ya'll and we'll do our best to meet huntingdon again!

I really dont think yall were better in 03'... Yall had a great team but if both teams played their absolute best i think either 1 could have won, but as far as this game, I still think if Huntingdon plays like they are capable of playing they will be ok.

Edited by Titans02