Huntingdon vs. Humboldt

GlenChervin

Well this season did not got the way we planned as Stangs fans!

Lot of injuries, but the team never really jelled, and never really played team ball!

Lack of overall team speed really showed as the season went on! Just dont know how to apprecitate speed until you dont have it!

Humboldt really exploited it!

5 & 5 not a winning season and not a losing season.

Mediocre!!!

Jrs and Sophomores hit the weight room early and stay hungry from Jan to Aug or this could be you next year.

Dont believe the press clippings about how good you are, try to get better every day during the off season!

Just to bring this season in to perspective; 5 losses equals the total the Stangs lost in the 2003, 2004 and 2005 season combined!

First time in 14 years not to make the playoffs!

Time to move on! This program needs a real evaluation of where we are, not hype!

GO STANGS IN 07 :ph34r:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great win for the vikings tonight! Region 7-2A Champs! humboldt hasn't won a region championship for 10 years...and these boys went out and played their heart out...we knew that huntingdon wasn't going to go without a fight and they brought it! the weather didn't help out much for either team...but congrats to the vikings and can't wait to start next week for Memphis Southside!

great win for the vikings tonight! Region 7-2A Champs! humboldt hasn't won a region championship for 10 years...and these boys went out and played their heart out...we knew that huntingdon wasn't going to go without a fight and they brought it! the weather didn't help out much for either team...but congrats to the vikings and can't wait to start next week for Memphis Southside!

Humboldt was region champ in '04 were they not? At any rate good game tonight. I really didn't think yall could beat a huntington team that needed a win to make the playoffs. I was wrong. Congratulations on the region championship. (dont forget that milan score or the on field victories though) I look forward to seeing humboldt in the playoffs. records on paper and first and second place really wont amount to much then. Good luck in week 1.

By the way...could any of you people that are so good at determining who will play who...if so & so beats so & so...please shed some light on the playoff picture. I think it would make a pretty good new thread. I just don't have the time or the knowledge to do it myself

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

Humboldt was region champ in '04 were they not? At any rate good game tonight. I really didn't think yall could beat a huntington team that needed a win to make the playoffs. I was wrong. Congratulations on the region championship. (dont forget that milan score or the on field victories though) I look forward to seeing humboldt in the playoffs. records on paper and first and second place really wont amount to much then. Good luck in week 1.

By the way...could any of you people that are so good at determining who will play who...if so & so beats so & so...please shed some light on the playoff picture. I think it would make a pretty good new thread. I just don't have the time or the knowledge to do it myself

In 2004, Humboldt didn't win the region. I believe Westview did. Humboldt kept Milan from winning the crown that year in the final game of the regular season. Tonight was an awesome game. The rain, wind, and competition on the field was just phenominal. Everyone was fired up and knew what they had to do. Huntingdon is a heck of a team. The traditon of that Milan/Huntingdon game will be missed this year. Humboldt has Memphis Southside Scrappers next friday. Good luck to all the area 7-2A teams competing.

nope...we haven't forgotten that score, nor have we forgotten yall...looking forward to seeing yall in the playoffs too...good luck to yall against treadwell

As a HHS alumnus it continues to amaze me how Humboldt never gets a positive nod in the press, or from most of the posters on this site.

Most recent glaring example: The Jackson Sun today (Sat 10/28) promotes South Side and their spanking of Lexington (42-0) as if the Hawks are untouchable...yet Humboldt beat the very same Lexington team 46-6--and that's AA vs AAA even! The Jackson Sun has had a photographer at the 'Liberty' games at least five times this season---wha?

Same is true with the radio guys (Danny Reaves, SeaBass, etc)...South Side and the others are spoken of with such reverence and admiration...yet Humboldt has a running back with over 70 touchdowns in his career---and he gets an 'occasional' mention (for example). Why can't folks at least give a nod, and maybe even a few accolades to what has turned into an exciting and obviously successful franchise? Hats off to the Humboldt Vikings and their successful season...you should be proud of your accomplishments...regardless of the lack of press attention.

As a HHS alumnus it continues to amaze me how Humboldt never gets a positive nod in the press, or from most of the posters on this site.

Most recent glaring example: The Jackson Sun today (Sat 10/28) promotes South Side and their spanking of Lexington (42-0) as if the Hawks are untouchable...yet Humboldt beat the very same Lexington team 46-6--and that's AA vs AAA even! The Jackson Sun has had a photographer at the 'Liberty' games at least five times this season---wha?

Same is true with the radio guys (Danny Reaves, SeaBass, etc)...South Side and the others are spoken of with such reverence and admiration...yet Humboldt has a running back with over 70 touchdowns in his career---and he gets an 'occasional' mention (for example). Why can't folks at least give a nod, and maybe even a few accolades to what has turned into an exciting and obviously successful franchise? Hats off to the Humboldt Vikings and their successful season...you should be proud of your accomplishments...regardless of the lack of press attention.

agreed!!!! wow...you are exactly right! we really don't get enough props for our success...but we really don't care to be honest...all that matters to us is how our team responds every game and how our coaches and town supports us...i mean...who would've thought that humboldt, after going 2-8 last season, would come out and win the region this season

Humboldt has a good team and deserved to win against Huntingdon. I wish the refs had let them play though. It seemed every time we had something going to take the lead we'd get a holding penalty. After we got the safety and cut the lead to 5 with six minutes to go we get the ball back and make a 1st down on the Viking 40 then we get another holding flag. The very next play they call offsides on our wideout after spotting him on the line.

Nevertheless we had plenty of opportunities but just couldn't cash in. I thought they had a good offense but they were unable to stop us. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot like we've done all year. It the Vikings had a defense to go with the "O" the then could go a long way.