5A Playoff Projection

RHS07

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm predicting a second round upset with Sevier County beating Ooltewah setting up a DB/Sevier County rematch for a trip to the semis.

Might happen, but if the teams do their homework, they'll know to key on that Sevier Co QB and Sevier's achilles is their D. They are susceptible and good teams will exploit that. If they can't get that QB going on offense, there isn't much else there that's going to beat the better defensive teams out there.

All comes down again to the Sevier QB and whether they can stop him. He's very quick and makes good decisions with the ball. Sevier Co goes as their QB goes.

Could be a very good prediction you made though!

So I went though the regions and made a bracket and this is what should happen pending a crazy upset.

Dobyns Bennett(H)

William Blount

Farragut(H)

Bearden

Sevier Co.(H)

McMinn Co.

Ooltewah(H)

Science Hill

Cookeville(H)

LaVergne(if they lose and Oakland upsets Riverdale Oakland is here)

Winner of Smyrna/Lebanon(H)

Winner of Coffee Co./Warren Co.

Lincoln Co.(H)

Loser of Smyrna/Lebanon

Loser of Coffee Co./Warren Co.

Riverdale(H)

Gallatin(H)

Ravenwood

Dickson Co.(H)

Loser of Hendersonville/Hunters Lane

Winner of Hendersonville/Hunters Lane(H)

Brentwood

Franklin(H)

Overton

Ridgeway(H)

Germantown

Houston(H)

Millington

Bolton(H)

White Station

Wooddale(H)

Cordova

It appears your Region 5 and 6 matchups may be a little off. Unless Antioch loses to Glencliff (1-8) they will have the tie breaker with both Hendersonville and Hunters Lane (as they beat both of them). That would put them in 3rd place and going to Dickson County in the first round. The winner of Hendersonville/Hunters Lane would host Brentwood and the loser would have to travel to Franklin.

My mistake. Looks like Overton wins the tie breaker over Antioch with the head to head win. I guess I had the overall record as the first tie breaker. Assuming both Antioch and Overton win, Antioch (4-3/6-4)) will be out and Overton (4-3/5-5) in.

Edited by DCHSHeavyD

It appears your Region 5 and 6 matchups may be a little off. Unless Antioch loses to Glencliff (1-8) they will have the tie breaker with both Hendersonville and Hunters Lane (as they beat both of them). That would put them in 3rd place and going to Dickson County in the first round. The winner of Hendersonville/Hunters Lane would host Brentwood and the loser would have to travel to Franklin.

My mistake. Looks like Overton wins the tie breaker over Antioch with the head to head win. I guess I had the overall record as the first tie breaker. Assuming both Antioch and Overton win, Antioch (4-3/6-4)) will be out and Overton (4-3/5-5) in.

as long as overton wins they are in. and they are playing hillwood who hasnt won a game in what 2 years now?

IF Antioch wins they are the 3 seed because they have better overall than Overton and tie breaker over Hunters lane/Hendersonville loser. Hunters Lane/ Hendersonville loser still owns tiebreaker over Overton. Only way Overton gets in is if Antioch gets beat.

Riverdale just might have the easiest road to the Playoffs until week 4.

Just when I was starting to gain some respect for the 'Owls' you have to post this.

R'dale's road thru the playoffs is NOT any easier than y'alls whole season has been. BTW when did you say the 'Owls' are gonna play a team right down the road from them(McCallie)?

Maybe I took your post wrong and if I did then I am Sorry, but until I get further explanation, no way am I taking anything above back. :thumb:

Just when I was starting to gain some respect for the 'Owls' you have to post this.

R'dale's road thru the playoffs is NOT any easier than y'alls whole season has been. BTW when did you say the 'Owls' are gonna play a team right down the road from them(McCallie)?

Maybe I took your post wrong and if I did then I am Sorry, but until I get further explanation, no way am I taking anything above back. :thumb:

Riverdale will run through everyteam in the playoffs until week 4. Thats my opinion and it looks like you are the only one on the thread that has responded to it negatively so I guess other people are thinking same thing. I'm sorry Ooltewah doesn't play private school "McCallie" who gets all of the kids that are zoned for Ooltewah. The principal is the one that doesn't want to play them, not the coaches.I think Ooltewah has a pretty tough schedule this year besides playing Chattanooga Central. State your opinion why you don't think Riverdale has an easier playoff schedule than anyone here in the East.

Edited by ImaOWL