Centennial @ Franklin

zoosee12

Thanks to Fromthetop for sticking with us old timers.

To those who I may have offended with my previous comment - don't take this so seriously - it will only pain you more in the long run. At no time was I trying to be ill with the students or players from CHS. In fact if you read previous posts regardign CHS, you will see that I applaud your effort in spite of the reality of what plagues the program.

Fortunately, my perspective is quite colored. I have the benefit of Michigan High School Football as a youth, Centennial High School Football as a parent for 6 years, and Franklin High School Football as a parent for 6 years. In that time I have totally supported (not blindly however) the program I was involved with.

That involvement and support for my sons and their school came with support in the stands, support in the QB Clubs, and support in hours upon hours of manual labor painting fields, working on field houses, working camps etc... So I appreciate your concern for my son's and their fathers involvement - but I am sure they OK with what I have done and what I continue to do.

All that said, I stand by my belief that Centennial has great fan support, Great Athletes, but a program that is lacking in the leadership required to get it going.

Edited by faninthestand

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because we have faith that we can

for once we have momentum

for once we are starting to believe that we can

so i dont even want to deal with you

and we got nothing to lose

all we are, are spoilers

and we're fine with that

and suposedly franklin didnt even practice on monday

thats only gonna hurt them

remember last time they didnt practice

father ryan stunned em

They practiced monday and today and i got to see the beginning of practice today and it looked like they werent takin it easy like evey1 thinks they would be. They arent gunna go easy Friday night.

Edited by lax4life32

I know centennial is going to play hard but sometimes you face a team that you just wont beat plain and simple. You have to face reality and trust me i would love centennial pull it off but lets just face the facts it wont happen. i actually went to school at centennial and got to play with one of the better teams they have ever had in 2004. that year gregory probably had the biggest offensive line in the region with jamie wolf, travis dumke, michael smithson, travis proctor, he had the linemen and the running backs, meggs, steel to run his offense. gregory needs to change his philosophy on offense or all the talent that comes through chs is a waste as it has been the past two years.

we aren't gonna accept the fact that we cant beat them

any player here will say that there is a chance

there IS always a chance for us to beat them

we just have to capitalize on turnovers, field position, etc

we can't give up and we wont

Zoosee----I admire your enthusiam for your team and I hope that your seniors come to play in their final game. Franklin has their own group of seniors who want to win and have the same pride of beating a cross-town rival. Don't see CHS having much of a "chance" at all in this game. Not enough weapons, not enough defense to stop Franklin. Hope CHS can keep enough guys enthused to bring a good team next year. Region 6 is only getting tougher in '07.

Remember Father Ryan? And that was against A lot better Franklin team.

The only team to beat Franklin this year was Independence, a team with a balanced passing attack. Our 6-7 recievers kelly and harris should overcome their 5-10, 5-11 combo of dunford and anderson. If Centennial stays with a passing attack, as we've been doing the past few weeks, we have a very good chance.

You are correct Couga14, if DC beats Ravenwood - and Franklin beats Centennial then technically the region is tied at the top. Franklin get the number 1 seed and thereby is recognized as Region champs years down the road.

Similar to the years Brentwood and Franklin or Brentwood Franklin and Dickson County had identical region records. Years later however, most folks only recognize Brentwood as Region Champs for those years.

My predictions:

Franklin 45

Centennial 6

Ravenwood 17

Dickson Co 10