Centennial @ Franklin

zoosee12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the Dickson Co. post, Franklin would be taking a huge risk by playing their second string. Centennial's playing on an emotional high and we'll likely see some agressive play calling. This kind of play will be new to the younger players on the team and they might not be able to stop it. If I was Franklin, I would definitely not look past this game. Remember, a loss and a Dickson win would knock Franklin from the top of the region.

Edited by CHS 2007

The one thing that Franklin will have, if everything else fails, is the Streak.

You don't want to be the class that broke it! Even if you win the region, the title would be tainted by ending the Streak.

You would be forever linked in history as the one who broke the chain. Every reunion would be clouded over by that distinction.

People will pass you on the square when you get older and whisper and point at you.

Your children will have to go to private school.

The only thing you'll have to look forward to will be sitting in the gutter with your teammates, fighting over the last bottle of cheap wine, screaming " why didn't we beat them when we had the chance?" "Why?"

You'd be like George Bailey in "It's A Wonderful Life," with the exception that the Angel couldn't earn his wings.

That's why Franklin will win.

Believe me, this group of Seniors are keenly aware of the streak. They are not celebrating anything about last Friday night. They enjoyed their good fortune (I believe you create that good fortune), but are focussed on the task at hand - THE BATTLE OF FRANKLIN!

These guys also know that with a win, they guarantee getting a Region Championship that they don't have to share. (Past years Franklin has shared region championship with Brentwood and Brentwood / DC - but lost seeding position on tie breakers)

Hey, the streak is a motivator! Trust me, it was the same when Brentwood played the Cougars this year- they were constantly reminded that no Bruin team- at any level of competition- had ever lost to Centennial. They were threatened by a lot of alums that they would have a black mark for life-even if they had won the region.

With all of the talk about the Franklin/Centennial rivalry, it has been largely lost on the "newbies" that Centennial took a number of Brentwood students when it opened- as well as the most talented football coach on the Bruins staff (Brock), and with him a number of football players. When Brock left, the exodus stopped- but the memories still lingered.

Good luck to the Rebels and congratulations on your impending SOLE Region Championship. It is NOT fun to share!

so is no one gonna go out on a limb and say that centennial pulls the biggest upset in high school football history?

fine

i will

forget what i said earlier about franklin by 17

i'm gonna have faith in my team

centennial by 4

21-17

i know everyone will think i'm crazy but i have to believe that we can win and we can

;)

It took me a while to respond because I hit my head when fell on the floor laughing at the prediction!

How do you see Centennial scoring 21 points on Franklin when Dickson Co scored 0 in regulation, Brentwood scored 6, Ravenwood scored 6, Fr Ryan scored 3, and Lincoln Co scored 7.

Not to mention CNE and Columbia scoring 0.

With Centennials struggles to score points - how in the world do they score 21 on Franklin?

Edited by faninthestand

because we have faith that we can

for once we have momentum

for once we are starting to believe that we can

so i dont even want to deal with you

and we got nothing to lose

all we are, are spoilers

and we're fine with that

and suposedly franklin didnt even practice on monday

thats only gonna hurt them

remember last time they didnt practice

father ryan stunned em

you better have faith b/c the only way centennial wins is if GOD has something to do with it (and I'm not trying to be funny). Centennial isn't going to be franklin. they need to try and make a good game of it, and be happy to compete and not get blown out. Centennial needs to get ready for next year. Once the game gets out of hand, they need to start subbing in sophmores and freshmen. Good Luck to both.