Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

ihavenofriendzz

Oh, I forgot, you guys are the cricket champs of the KFL.

Ole Dad

for once im not the one argueing with the other team!! im so happy.

Ole Dad,.. cricket? Farragut has many things but i dont think we have cricket. and when u said something about us complaining about refs.. from all the sporting events ive been to at Farragut believe me we have been screwed over many times. and i mean just obvious bs calls. but anyways.. Farragut had their chances to beat Ooltewah but just didnt take advantage. Ooltewah can say they dominated all they want.. im sure most havent said that but im sure a few have.. anyways.. four times inside the 35 or so and only got 7pts.. a missed field goal and 2 failed fourth down conversions.. all that was just the 1st half. but yeah. Farragut needs to win this game. its not a must but it would help.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wildman

"Faragut people make me laugh. They better hope they win this one because it will be their last chance for a while. Can you imagine how those fans would act if they happen to loose this game.

Gattis is not the salvation for Oak Ridge. I think as much as winning is important and expected on principal alone bringing him back would bring the program down wheather they were winning or loosing. I don't like everything Stevens has done this year I didnt like a lot of things Lussier did. The way I see it last year should have been Oak Ridges' Third trip to the boro in as many years.

Faragut people make me laugh. They better hope they win this one because it will be their last chance for a while. Can you imagine how those fans would act if they happen to loose this game.

Gattis is not the salvation for Oak Ridge. I think as much as winning is important and expected on principal alone bringing him back would bring the program down wheather they were winning or loosing. I don't like everything Stevens has done this year I didnt like a lot of things Lussier did either. The way I see it last year should have been Oak Ridges' Third trip to the boro in as many years. Unlike this year the talent, experience and confidence were all in place in 03 04 and it was Stevens who finally got them there in 05. He deserves a fair shake, He will have the experience and talent in place the next two to three years the confidence dicipline and execution will lay on Stevens and his assistances. We will see if a coaching change is called for but I dont think anyone except those that didnt want him here in the first place think the time is now."

So, What is going to happen over the next 2-3 years to bring all of the talent and experience that is lacking at OR back? You weren't really serious in that comment were you? I roll on the floor laughing whenever I read posts like these. The first few weeks Stanton said he had a better team than last year but it would take 6-7 weeks for them to gel. Then it was the players fault, then it was the fans fault. All I have heard is about his great offense that he was installing at OR and Lussier didn't know crap. Well guess what, he is averaging 15 points a game less than Lussier did while at OR with this great new offense. And he's correct, I find him an offensive genius. I for one am offended. If he stays one more season OR will have as many loses as they did in 7 years with Lussier at the helm. You heard it first here. From what I understand there are 5 assistant coaches quitting next week. I think a couple quit last year also. Kind of a trend don't you think. I guess it must be their fault. Stay tuned this will be interesting.

Ole dad

Edited by Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Before you guys Crusify your coach for losing to Ooltewah, keep in mind Owl's coach is 275-53 over 34 years coaching with 3 straight 4-A Championships and a 51 game winning streak. It's not exactly like you got beat by a first year coach that knew nothing about preparing for a football game.

Arrogance? We beat you like 21 times in 25 trys. If we say we have a better program than you is it arrogance or just the facts? I think just the facts. You better get us while we are down because when Gattis gets back home we will be kicking tail again.

Ole Dad

We.. do you play or coach? And if Gaddis were back, You "loyal" OR fans would turn on him as quickly if he didn't win enough games. Edited by oskie

Whoa Nobody is taking anything away from Benny!! Or any other coach or team this year.

You folks need to get out of our business. It should never have been aired on the Coach but it was. I am guilty as anyone but it is time for everyone to get over it and keep our business in Oak Ridge and quit airing our dirty laundry in public. From now if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!!!!

However if we want to crusify our coach it's our business and none of yours. Worry about Ooltewah and leave Oak Ridge alone. We don't need anybody to help us solve our problems or make them worse for that matter. We're doing quite well on both fronts without any help. Sure makes us look STUPID don't it?

Bladerunner.... I said this for me...if you don't like it, I don't really give a fat rats behind if you like it or not.

Edited by bounder

I don't remember anyone even mentioning that losing to Ooltewah was of great significance in the overall scheme of things. Just your imagination.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Before you guys Crusify your coach for losing to Ooltewah, keep in mind Owl's coach is 275-53 over 34 years coaching with 3 straight 4-A Championships and a 51 game winning streak. It's not exactly like you got beat by a first year coach that knew nothing about preparing for a football game.

The Farrgut game is a pride game - nothing more. It doesn't hurt Farragut or OR. Talked to some of the players...some have already written off this game. It's sad to see our program come to this.

It's not all a coaching issue. Yes, the lack of discipline, playcalling, and cohesiveness IS on them, but it also is up to the players just as much to execute the plays and go all-out.

With all the young talent and size coming up, OR isn't down - just reloading. I agree with what coach Jackson said...it they don't get a least one ring, it'll be a sad.

DO NOT underestimate our defense. If you do, well, it's your own fault.

Don't forget, we ALWAYS have athletes that can score at any time.