Gallatin at McGavock

Verb58

I tend to agree with ya just1np. I think that they come out a little flat. Emotions run high and low and with the region title in hand we have very little reason to play hard. McGavock and Tribue would love to spoil our undefeated season.

I remember the last time we went over there....not too good! I hate the stadium, I hate the parking, I hate the metro attitude, but they have a good band,

I fear the possibility of injury as well.

I would rather do what we do and let everyone else just have to prepare for it. We are not going to surprise anybody at this stage.

Here's hoping for 10-0.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got word that JT Farrell's lung collapsed in practice. He is at Sumner Reginal over night, but that is all the info i have right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, and hopefully a speedy recovery.

He's out for one week at least then. Not that that is important. Horrible thing for his parents to have to go through.

Get better JT, the Wave will be there when you come back.

Getting this second hand....JT is going to be OK but will be out 2-3 weeks. His condition is thought to be pre-existing and not football related. This is one tough kid anyways but to have this happen it's quite impressive the way he is handleing things. Pray for him and his family he will be in the hospital 2-3 days as well for tests.

Corey will be the QB in his absence. He looked good at camp and has done a good job in playing backup in some games this season. Look for a team that will be focused knowing they have to come together to make everything run smoothly.

Getting this second hand....JT is going to be OK but will be out 2-3 weeks. His condition is thought to be pre-existing and not football related. This is one tough kid anyways but to have this happen it's quite impressive the way he is handleing things. Pray for him and his family he will be in the hospital 2-3 days as well for tests.

Corey will be the QB in his absence. He looked good at camp and has done a good job in playing backup in some games this season. Look for a team that will be focused knowing they have to come together to make everything run smoothly.

The Green Wave will be fine. As much as JT has meant to the offense, he isn't exactly the best we've ever had. That isn't intended as a knock against him, but I think Chance Johnson and Jamison Link were great. At least in the offense that GHS currently runs.

This team has been carried by the defense all year and the they were going to have to carry them in the playoffs before this happened. The coaches will do a great job of working around this and having the guys focused.

I guess the short point that I am trying to make is- this doesn't put me in panic mode . In fact it makes it a little more difficult for opponents scouting us. They will have a lot less film on Corey and how the offense runs with him at the helm

Great news on the coach's show that JT will be back if we can win a game or two.

We have had a great week of practice...the best so far. Maybe the Hendersonville game woke us up a little bit.

Wilmore is more of a traditional power runner at QB. He will take the hit instead of trying to get to the outside. He did really good at camp and we are lucky that with our depth we have a very capable back-up. Lassiter said that "Boo" might get some snaps there as well. Hello running game!! And just wait til he tosses it....hahaha.

McGavock is avg 16.4 pts a game and giving up 11. They avg 162 rushing yards and 69.5 yards passing per game. It will be wet so look for a huge rushing attack.

We all hope JT is healthy, but if you read up on this particular condition it can be very dangerous. This is just football. I'm sure the coaches aren't going to even think about putting him anywhere near a football until they have the OK from the doctors and (I hope) his parents.

McGavock will pose the same challenges that all Metro teams do- speed.

Unfortunately for Metro that hasn't translated into a competitive game yet. I think Gallatin will play as well as their focus allows them. They should be very focused on offense under the circumstances. Only one week to prepare for the playoffs with a new QB. They are going to have to come together-and fast.

Good luck to both teams. I won't be able to catch this one.

Gallatin finishes the season undefeated at 10-0 with a win at McGavock 33-14.

Wasn't Gallatin's best performance, but was not bad by any stretch of the imagination. McGavock's first score came on a fumble returned for a TD. The second on came later in the 3rd which cut the score to 19-14 before Gallatin's defense and special teams took over.

The story of the night for Gallatin has to be the performance of Corey Wilmore and Boo Butler taking over the QB job for JT Ferrell. Aside from Boo's fumble both QBs played very well. No mistakes as far as snaps or procedure calls.

Great team performance.

Congratulations to the guys, now its time to get nasty.

Aside from the fumble, those QB's played about as well as we could hope. I think we can last a couple rounds with these two under center. We had a fair turnout considering the weather. What a game the defense had. The passing TD was well covered, WR just out jumped him. Defense will be ready for next week. Get Well J.T.

Let's Roll Green Wave, Let's Roll

Edited by 89StateChamps