Pigeon Forge Football

tnfan1998

One question, do you understand the meaning of an intracounty rivalry? Maybe if a certain coach didn't make statements such as "we've got the best four linebackers in the county" there would be a little less hostility between PF and the other 3 county schools (yes SCHS and Seymour dislike PF just as much as GP).

Does it really count as a rivalry when the other team cannot keep up? PF wants to talk the talk and they have wanted to since they began. So far, they have always been the bottom team in the entire county. Maybe their JV (with help of some of their starters) can win another 3 or 4 next year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/5 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program and didn't realize it to start with.

the qb that was coming back got benched last year ...harper was starting freshman qb then shared time with shields before he was hurt his soph year ...then sat out his junior year ...i was there every step of the way so blow hard some other way ....you got it wrong

You are exactly right. The quarterback isn't exactly the problem though. Why take out someone who has had 1000 yards rushing in the previous year? The coaches should have stuck with the veer and their record would be much better.

THE QUARTERBACK was never the problem....the quarterback finished with over 2000 yds in total offense.......I'M OUT

I have read this stuff and and chummed in a few times. I did say that PF was much better last year than years prior. They were much more physical. I will also say that winning 20 games in 5 years does not have you winning 2/3 of your games. That would be 1/3 of your games. I know that not winning a game this year is really a hard thing to swallow, but it is a new system. I have also said that PF does not have the athletic skill players to be at the top. That is right now, they might find some soon. I'm not at all saying that what the coach is doing is always the right thing, but when you are only winning 1/3 of your games on average the last 5 years-that ain't gonna get it. Give this guy a chance. Many successful coaches have started out 0-10. I bet he works even harder next year and will have the kids ready.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

This must be the site wher people who cannot coach go to so they can hide behind a username and talk about other people. I think I will join in the fun and do the same. Anyone who is not directly involved with a football, basketball, etc. program, really has no right to say what goes on behind closed doors. Unless these people who are posting are players from that team, then they probably do not know what is going behind the scenes. However, if these people who are posting are players, then it really shows you where their honor lies. If I had a ever had questions with what the coaches were deciding for a team that I played on, I would ask them. Not because i would want to change it, but to better understand it. However, if those players must get on here and bash coaches behind their back, well then it shows their true colors and we now know that the players were not giving their all to the program which would then put the blame back on them. Sorry if that was over some of your heads.

Now is this post saying that the players are 'bad' and the coaches are 'good' (I used smaller words so some of you could understand). No. Coaches make mistakes just like players do. Is it hard to win the first year with a new system? It can be. Do all first year coaches struggle? No. Is this a normal situation? Does not sound like this coach walked into a place like Ravenwood or Brentwood. It sounds like this team had some struggles and some things had to change. Was I there to know for sure? No. Do I keep an open mind? Yes. Does the blame fall completely on one person or group of people? No. One the whole PF as a whole. Am I even from the area and know anything about the team? No. But I know plenty about coaching. I have four State Championship rings as a head coach. Maybe I know a little.

My the way. My coaching days are over, but I do remember when G-P and Seymour played in that neck of the woods and those two were powers that we worried about over on this side. From what I understand G-P quit playing Seymour because they felt that it was not good for their program to take that loss year in and year out with a slight chance of winning one or two every ten years. So if PF is the worst of the four teams, I guess G-P is just a notch above. WAY TO GO POSTER. YOU REALLY PROVED YOUR POINT ON THAT ONE. SIMP.

To wrap up my first and last post, I wish luck to all teams in the playoffs (especially anyone who has to play Maryville, Alcoa, Catholic, Ootlewah, those guys are tough. I do not think that ther is anyone in Middle or West that can compare with the power that East is producing in HS football these days). And good luck to Pigeon Forge. Sounds like a very unfortunate season, but better ones are to come. I have been there before and things do get better for people who work for them.

Sorry if this post is to long for SOME to read.

This must be the site wher people who cannot coach go to so they can hide behind a username and talk about other people. I think I will join in the fun and do the same. Anyone who is not directly involved with a football, basketball, etc. program, really has no right to say what goes on behind closed doors. Unless these people who are posting are players from that team, then they probably do not know what is going behind the scenes. However, if these people who are posting are players, then it really shows you where their honor lies. If I had a ever had questions with what the coaches were deciding for a team that I played on, I would ask them. Not because i would want to change it, but to better understand it. However, if those players must get on here and bash coaches behind their back, well then it shows their true colors and we now know that the players were not giving their all to the program which would then put the blame back on them. Sorry if that was over some of your heads.

Now is this post saying that the players are 'bad' and the coaches are 'good' (I used smaller words so some of you could understand). No. Coaches make mistakes just like players do. Is it hard to win the first year with a new system? It can be. Do all first year coaches struggle? No. Is this a normal situation? Does not sound like this coach walked into a place like Ravenwood or Brentwood. It sounds like this team had some struggles and some things had to change. Was I there to know for sure? No. Do I keep an open mind? Yes. Does the blame fall completely on one person or group of people? No. One the whole PF as a whole. Am I even from the area and know anything about the team? No. But I know plenty about coaching. I have four State Championship rings as a head coach. Maybe I know a little.

My the way. My coaching days are over, but I do remember when G-P and Seymour played in that neck of the woods and those two were powers that we worried about over on this side. From what I understand G-P quit playing Seymour because they felt that it was not good for their program to take that loss year in and year out with a slight chance of winning one or two every ten years. So if PF is the worst of the four teams, I guess G-P is just a notch above. WAY TO GO POSTER. YOU REALLY PROVED YOUR POINT ON THAT ONE. SIMP.

To wrap up my first and last post, I wish luck to all teams in the playoffs (especially anyone who has to play Maryville, Alcoa, Catholic, Ootlewah, those guys are tough. I do not think that ther is anyone in Middle or West that can compare with the power that East is producing in HS football these days). And good luck to Pigeon Forge. Sounds like a very unfortunate season, but better ones are to come. I have been there before and things do get better for people who work for them.

Sorry if this post is to long for SOME to read.

I have responded tothis claim of gp in another post check it out!

the qb that was coming back got benched last year ...harper was starting freshman qb then shared time with shields before he was hurt his soph year ...then sat out his junior year ...i was there every step of the way so blow hard some other way ....you got it wrong

Did not mean to imply that the current QB was the problem only meant to point out all of the changes. Harper, you know as well as I that Freshman and JV is not the same as Varsity experience. Nothing totally replaces varsity PT. Paul did put up good stats this year and I'm sure if he is like most QBs he would have gladly traded some of those for wins.

Edited by charger81