Haywood @ Crockett

crockett78

My sentiments exactly..Lets pull together as one for one of our own to get to the Boro and win that exclusive Gold Ball..Cavs are certainly the team to beat and should be a thorn in any teams side trying to advance..i always sit on the CC side of field even when DHS is playing them..Great fans ..Ive given my props to CC several times this year and its always taken out of context== thats what causes all the problems on Coacht with the bashing of anothers opinion no matter what the truth intended was written..All roads do indeed lead to CC this year..CC dont look past Haywood..they are much better than their record and have much more than #6 :thumb:

Oh i know you may have not done any bashing but i know SOME opposing fans have done nothing but bash crockett. I havent bashed anyone thus far......merely presented facts etc to back up my statements........points per game, allowed points per game, yardage etc. no one has given our defense any rep. everytime we go against someone i hear these ppl on here saying awwww well crockett has met their match this time they will definately taste defeat this time.........so and so's defense is the best they will stop crockett and blah blah blah.....although one may think that all roads lead to cc ........we arent gonna bite into that hype.....we will not overlook an opponent this week nor in the upcoming weeks......i have said this over and over again that i hope to see dyersburg in the playoffs again ...........im almost sure this will be the case in week three of the post season..........but guess what there are two weeks before that one and we have to make it through them first.........good luck dyersburg.........good luck to all!!!!!

Edited by crockett78

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i know you may have not done any bashing but i know SOME opposing fans have done nothing but bash crockett. I havent bashed anyone thus far......merely presented facts etc to back up my statements........points per game, allowed points per game, yardage etc. no one has given our defense any rep. everytime we go against someone i hear these ppl on here saying awwww well crockett has met their match this time they will definately taste defeat this time.........so and so's defense is the best they will stop crockett and blah blah blah.....although one may think that all roads lead to cc ........we arent gonna bite into that hype.....we will not overlook an opponent this week nor in the upcoming weeks......i have said this over and over again that i hope to see dyersburg in the playoffs again ...........im almost sure this will be the case in week three of the post season..........but guess what there are two weeks before that one and we have to make it through them first.........good luck dyersburg.........good luck to all!!!!!

Dyersbrurg went throught the same thing last year, all the way up till the loss, dont let it get to you, i read a post on the dyersburg and crockett trend that is correct like it or not,TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST BEAT THE BEST, that statment is true, crockett took those honers when they beat dyersburg but untill they did they could not say they were the best, now crockett is the best and if and until they get beat they will carry the title of being the best in 7aaa, like it or not both dyersburg and crockett will face off again. we all know its comming. they are the most talented teams out of region 7&8, and who ever wins the rematch will have to hear excuses on why they won just like last season from crockett and this season from dyersburg

Dyersbrurg went throught the same thing last year, all the way up till the loss, dont let it get to you, i read a post on the dyersburg and crockett trend that is correct like it or not,TO BE THE BEST YOU MUST BEAT THE BEST, that statment is true, crockett took those honers when they beat dyersburg but untill they did they could not say they were the best, now crockett is the best and if and until they get beat they will carry the title of being the best in 7aaa, like it or not both dyersburg and crockett will face off again. we all know its comming. they are the most talented teams out of region 7&8, and who ever wins the rematch will have to hear excuses on why they won just like last season from crockett and this season from dyersburg

Yes I agree completly

CCHS moved into the #1 state raning this week, making the apperent comperison to last years DHS team even more obvious....BUT I dont think the role of spoiler will be played as easy this year.....CCHS could still end up playing Mitchell whick isnt just the easiest team to beat so...BUT I dont see the upset this year...Now as a realist I will say although I pick my Trojans in everyone the play in...The idea of D'burg losing in the first round is one that has to be consider....You havent really seen D'burg at their best yet and really dont know what DHS team your goin to get,,,,,,If D'burg can get through the first round though,,It should be easy to see the CCHS meeting being the being the one to look forward too....Playing Sheffeild after last year's just odd finish will be like revenge for a team that carries almost the same offense and defense into that game..Emotions should be high..then we get the Cavs which will most defintely be Revenge. The Trojans will have a lot to prove and fired up,,,The idea of a rematch may be enough just to keep them buzing to get there......I love being a fan of 73a cuz its almost not fair to think we can look forward to this yearly........GOOD LUCK to all and mstly GO TROJANS

This one has me nervous, but I'm going to pick the Cavaliers 28-13.

Do you fear a letdown after that huge Covington win? That`s the only way the Cavs will lose this game. I just don`t see that happening. Haywood has some really good athletes who can make some plays and shouldn`t be overlooked, but CC is clearly the better team.

Do you fear a letdown after that huge Covington win? That`s the only way the Cavs will lose this game. I just don`t see that happening. Haywood has some really good athletes who can make some plays and shouldn`t be overlooked, but CC is clearly the better team.

Don't think it is a let down, just wonder how long the starters play. Win or lose, CC is #1 seed. Do you risk postseason run in a close 4th quarter game just to go undefeated? That is what a lot of CC fans fear. If you play for the undefeated season in a tight game and lose a star, you get criticized. If you rest the starters and end up 9-1, you get criticized. I know the CC staff will make the right decision and care less who criticizes.

By the way VG, you threatened to close this thread down... and since, this thread has gone to "pot". Did you notice that?

Edited by cavcav

By the way VG, you threatened to close this thread down... and since, this thread has gone to "pot". Did you notice that?

Feel free to start a thread on any topic regarding the region teams. This one got to the point that no one was talking about the game. It doesn`t mean you can`t start another thread though. Coacht had rather threads try and stay on topic.

Don't think it is a let down, just wonder how long the starters play. Win or lose, CC is #1 seed. Do you risk postseason run in a close 4th quarter game just to go undefeated? That is what a lot of CC fans fear. If you play for the undefeated season in a tight game and lose a star, you get criticized. If you rest the starters and end up 9-1, you get criticized. I know the CC staff will make the right decision and care less who criticizes.

This is exactly what has bothered me and is my reasoning for starting this thread.........i feel that if we sit our starters we may lose momentum going into the playoffs yet they get a well needed rest........we need our guys to be rested but just as much we need them ready for whoever region 8 is gonna come our way( i dont care what neone has said.....a playoff game is never easy). if we play them .........yes we risk an injury to possibly key player but we keep our momentum rolling and we are yet more battle tested ( haywood has great athletes and can put a beating on you.......this was true in our contest with them last year......although we came away with the win we were beaten and broken and had to limp into the playoffs). I want the 10-0 season and i am sure all of cavnation do as well but i am just afraid of losing a key player right before the playoffs........i know P.A. will make the right choice.......we are number one seed either way.......

I don't fear a letdown. I do have a few factors that I think will make this game closer than some will expect:

1) Crockett County has incentive to pull the starters reasonably early to avoid injury.

2) Haywood must win this game to get into the playoffs.

3) Haywood has pretty good talent- it is lack of discipline and youth that has hurt them in several games this year.

I'll take the Cavs by 2 touchdowns. The field is going to be wet and I think PA will be as careful as he can to keep everyone healthy. Haywood can earn their way in with a win and to be honest they have nothing to lose and everything in the world to gain. They are playing the AP #1 team in the state and no one expects much of them and expect everything of the Cavs. Ill take a 1 point win and no injuries and be happy.

I pick Crockett to win by at least two touchdowns. By the way, all fans of West Tennessee football should take note that the teams in the East think we all are beneath them. Let's prove them wrong this year and show the whole state that West Tennessee football should Never be overlooked. Good luck tonight Cavaliers!!