Powell @ Clinton

coonhunter291

I cant disagree, but if we keep changing coaches at Clinton we are never going to have a system in place long enough to be able to get it right. There are alot of rumors flying around, and the bottom line is these kids need someone to believe in and look up to as a coach. In my honest opinion we dont even have the BEST 11 on the field at times and that is a coaching issue. It is the job of a head coach to put his 11 BEST players on the field at one time no matter if it Freshmen or Seniors. I have seen missed tackle after missed tackle and while all this is going on I know the players on the sidlines and some are just better and thats football, you play your BEST 11 and you do that because the game is played to win. If a senior cant get the job done find someone who can thats why they are hired as head coaches, because they are "suppose" to know what they are doing. With 65/70 players a year a program should win more that 4 games in 4 years. These player dont practice everyday to set back and watch undersized senior linebacker miss tackle, and an oversized o-line tackle that cant block. When I played under Coach Brown and Gaylor you were benched for that Sh--! By the way someone need fired for not doing whatever it was to keep Coach Gaylor, letting him leave was the BIGGEST mistake Clinton ever made, you done a job, or you didnt play!!

Man I would hate to see how negative your posts would be if you weren't a Dragon Fan. I don't think there has been discremination in the player as far as upper or lower classmen go. We have all little from every class playing varsity. And we need to move on Gaylor isn't here and won't be back GET OVER IT!!!!!!....The team is on the upswing.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would clinton wont him to stay around The offense has gotten worse. The guy puts the offensive line in position not to suceed, He has a inexp QB throwing the ball 40+ times a game, The qb gets sack 10+ times a game because of the offensive line has 5' between center,guard and tackle. He cannot produce any running game at all. Cannot teach kids how to pick up a blitz. Shoot the middle school or little league coaches can do better than that. I have no problem with Andy hes doing the best he can he just needs better assitance. It didnt take Kerr long to figure this guy out now did it. This guy has set clinton football back 2 years I vote to send him back to maryville fast before he destorys all the hard work Andy has done.

I realize there is alot of work to do still but we do has 1000+ passing yards don't we? This is the first year for this type of offense it will take a little time to get things to their full potential. There has been some things that I think could be done differently at times but I DO see that there hope. Keep pushing forward Dragons and best of luck against the Pathers on Friday.

Before the last game, I would just like to say something to the Clinton football Players,

Whatever the outcome tonight, we all know that the Clinton football team has improved drastically, I dont care what out of town people say, but we all know. Atleast we have been able to go into games this year, trying to figure out ways to win, and not how not to lose VERY bad. Just dont give up, to the seniors, excellent job, the leadership was really good, and to the younger players, just use the offseason WISELY, and dont give up, the future is very bright! Good luck tonight, and go out and whoop some Panther Butt!!!!

GO DRAGONS!!!!

Well lets be honest thats all Powell has Huffy and Cruze running the ball. They don't throw that much about like we do at Halls. So if you stop the run you basically stop their whole offense. I just don't think that will happen on a night like this. Now if they put the ball on the ground that might be different. You bet your bottom dollar they will surround Hazelhurst like they did Dayton. They had three kids on him when we played.