Franklin Run to State Championship

Frankin Generals

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you misspell your screen name? "Frankin Generals"?

Franklin has a great shot. I've been on them all year. However, I thought they should have beaten DC by a bit more. Was very suprised to see that one go to OT.

i guess DC gets no respect after a 1 point loss to Franklin. Were you at the game? DC outplayed Franklin.

Doesn't matter Franklin outplayed Ravenwood last year in both games but they still won.

Not true...Franklin did not outplay Ravenwood in both games. Both were decided (like the DC/Franklin game) by extra points and were close, well-played games. Ravenwood was fortunate in those games, just like Franklin was fortunate to come out with the win last week.

I've been biting my tongue all weekend about the DC Franklin tug of war last friday.

I call it a tug of war simply for the reason that both teams had their moments of pulling the other in the direction needed for a win. But until the clock reads zero (or in this case OT) - until one team pulls the other totally over the line, it can be debated for years to come - who dominated whom.

Bottom line - Franklin got it done! Kicking is a big part of Football when it comes to playoff battles and evenly matched teams. Last Friday night - Franklin was the better team because when it was on the line - they executed and Dickson Co did not.

Both teams deserve a ton of respect for leaving it all on the field, and both teams should be proud of the sportsmanship displayed. I especially appreciate our PA announcer - who does not rub the opponents face into the home team successes, and to the Scoreboard operator who took the score off the board quickly after the OT session concluded.

Good Luck to the Cougars, and well done Rebels!

I've been biting my tongue all weekend about the DC Franklin tug of war last friday.

I call it a tug of war simply for the reason that both teams had their moments of pulling the other in the direction needed for a win. But until the clock reads zero (or in this case OT) - until one team pulls the other totally over the line, it can be debated for years to come - who dominated whom.

Bottom line - Franklin got it done! Kicking is a big part of Football when it comes to playoff battles and evenly matched teams. Last Friday night - Franklin was the better team because when it was on the line - they executed and Dickson Co did not.

Both teams deserve a ton of respect for leaving it all on the field, and both teams should be proud of the sportsmanship displayed. I especially appreciate our PA announcer - who does not rub the opponents face into the home team successes, and to the Scoreboard operator who took the score off the board quickly after the OT session concluded.

Good Luck to the Cougars, and well done Rebels!

thank you. that was a great post and I agree. Franklin won, there is no taking that away from them. I just think DC deserves more respect than people have been giving them. This game could have easily went either way.

I think we could have a region 6 sweep in the playoffs!

Region 6 is probally the strongest region in 5A, with five teams that could make serious runs in the playoffs. Franklin has emerged as the strongest of the group and should make a deep run. However, they have had some low spots (Loss to Independence, near loss to Dickson Co.) and although their defense could easily be considered one of the state's best, their offense hasn't been the same as in past seasons. And Franklin still has Centennial, who is playing their best football of the season (Even before the win vs. Columbia). The Rebels cannot afford to look ahead of this game. In short, Franklin will need some improvements to make a serious run towards state, especially against some tough Metro Conference teams.

i guess DC gets no respect after a 1 point loss to Franklin. Were you at the game? DC outplayed Franklin.

No disrespect towards DC was intended. I just thought Franklin would win by a bit more. But if what I read and heard was correct, DC could have won in regulation with a chip shot FG. So in my mind the teams are even, but history will show FHS won.

And this brings up another thought:

How crappy is our OT rules. I mean you make a team earn their points for 48 minutes, and then you start out in FG range with three (or Four) chances at a TD?

Our OT rules are horrible. At least college puts it on the 25 and makes the offense move the ball a little.

I mean did Franklin even have the ball in the Red Zone during regulation? If not then why does DCs defense get punished in OT for playing a great game in regulation? Or vice versa? You should have to earn your points.

Good luck to both schools. We have a lot of respect for both.