Franklin Run to State Championship

Frankin Generals

Franklin Offense will be just fine in the Playoffs. For Donathan's sake - removing the lower teir teams from 6-5A (Columbia and North East - we haven't played Centennial Yet) they still average 19.3 points per game with a defense that gives up less than a touchdown per game.

That should due just fine - since we all know "Defense wins Championships".

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any insects in my body when it comes to Franklin, I just think they've been overrated. I think they are a good team but if they were the same players at a different school, they wouldn't be touted as highly.

And You can blast me for the Indy being overrated and I will agree with you completely. My rooting for Indy is over now. No sour grapes or anything like that. Now I'm just an unbiased football fan and in the two games I've seen Ravenwood (BA and the Indy game), they were the best team I've seen all season in region 6.

Clarification CHS 2007

Nichols is related to Ryan. Has a strong arm, but with the situation that developed right before the Indy game - he wasn't yet ready to step in and take the helm. Next year however, with the offseason to work with Coach Clayton, his brother, and his dad (ex Vandy Star) he will challenge for the top job.

Whether or not that moves Sellers to another position or makes Sellers improve (he already has matured as with on the job training) who knows. I do know he will be on the field - too good an athlete.

The Junior wasn't benched, he left the team after the Fr Ryan game. Old news, personal reasons, no need to dwell on it any further. All parties have moved on.

my guess eagle2 is that you are from Indy and have not seen that horrible offense for a few weeks.

That horrible offense has averaged 22.78 points per game (leaving out OT points) while the defense has given up 6.22 (again no OT points). All the while playing the 4th toughest schedule in the state in 5A according to CoachT.

Granted - in the Indy game the offense took a nap, we can all debate why, injuries, inexperienced QB, overconfident, Indy Defense or what ever you like.

The QB has made great strides since the Indy game, not only in managing the offense (remember he is just a Sophomore and moved here over the summer) but in the arc of his passes. More direct, less air, and more accurate. Threw a bad ball on the screen (defender made a great read) - but otherwise his quick hits were on the mark.

I'll take our "horrible offense" along with our strellar defense over anyone elses outside looking in offense and defense!

With a 16.5 average margin of victory, the offense is just fine.

Im with you on this one i wouldnt want to replace any part of this team i say Franklin can go atleast three rounds and then we'll see what happens from there. There is still plenty of time between now and December for the qb to get everything goin good.

thank you. that was a great post and I agree. Franklin won, there is no taking that away from them. I just think DC deserves more respect than people have been giving them. This game could have easily went either way.

I think we could have a region 6 sweep in the playoffs!

Stop killing yourself over it Couga14.When you haven't been to State in 18 years and can't get past the 1st round year after year. You have to gain the respect others that have been there like Franklin,Ravenwood and Brentwood Region 6 is so hard you can't miss kicks and hope to win this region.Im just keeping it real. Winnig the game last week in Franklin was a big step to that respect.***** Now all you Franklin fans dont freck you did win the over time and a win is a win good job! But im sure at the end of the day your not any happyer with a 115 yard game and no points till over time, anymore then we are with our kicking game. If both of our teams don't do better nither will win State.

Clarification CHS 2007

Nichols is related to Ryan. Has a strong arm, but with the situation that developed right before the Indy game - he wasn't yet ready to step in and take the helm. Next year however, with the offseason to work with Coach Clayton, his brother, and his dad (ex Vandy Star) he will challenge for the top job.

Whether or not that moves Sellers to another position or makes Sellers improve (he already has matured as with on the job training) who knows. I do know he will be on the field - too good an athlete.

The Junior wasn't benched, he left the team after the Fr Ryan game. Old news, personal reasons, no need to dwell on it any further. All parties have moved on.

Nichols is a player and QB suits him. He has got exchanges and drops with the line to the receivers into pass patterns. He is ready. And Sellers they both are a threat to defenses. Dont think for a second his inexperience will hold him back you push his button and he'll deliver.

Will you turn the lights out again otherwise.

New lights were installed the following off-season. They are as good as anywhere else.

Gallatin had trouble with Hendersonville friday night.

Franklin was given that game against DC. At least Gallatin won out-right.

Franklin was piosed to lose that game 3-0 if DCs kicker was any good. So don't be acting like a seven point Gallatin win over H'ville is less impressive than a one point choke job by DC.

Franklin would have never even scored if the OT rules didn't practically give it to them. Get over yourselves. You're a good team, but you haven't done anything that is worth boasting about.