Franklin Run to State Championship

Frankin Generals

No disrespect towards DC was intended. I just thought Franklin would win by a bit more. But if what I read and heard was correct, DC could have won in regulation with a chip shot FG. So in my mind the teams are even, but history will show FHS won.

And this brings up another thought:

How crappy is our OT rules. I mean you make a team earn their points for 48 minutes, and then you start out in FG range with three (or Four) chances at a TD?

Our OT rules are horrible. At least college puts it on the 25 and makes the offense move the ball a little.

I mean did Franklin even have the ball in the Red Zone during regulation? If not then why does DCs defense get punished in OT for playing a great game in regulation? Or vice versa? You should have to earn your points.

Good luck to both schools. We have a lot of respect for both.

Agree 100%...OT rules are a joke and should follow college rules!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%...OT rules are a joke and should follow college rules!

Agreed about HS following college rules at least or take a look at NFL, sudden death. keep all aspects of the game in place by including special teams.

IF high schools were to go with the ball on the 25..>Franklin kickers would still make it from that distance! As long as "Grandpa" is coaching them...they are awesome. :ph34r:

Agreed about HS following college rules at least or take a look at NFL, sudden death. keep all aspects of the game in place by including special teams.

IF high schools were to go with the ball on the 25..>Franklin kickers would still make it from that distance! As long as "Grandpa" is coaching them...they are awesome. :ph34r:

At least a FG from there (42 yards) is hard for most HS kickers. They would indeed "earn" the points.

I think the topic was Franklin's state champ run. Their defense will take them 3 rounds. Then that horrible offense will not put up any points and they will lose.

Unless they somehow get some blocking up front and find a qb that can make the throws necessary to run their type of offense.

my guess eagle2 is that you are from Indy and have not seen that horrible offense for a few weeks.

That horrible offense has averaged 22.78 points per game (leaving out OT points) while the defense has given up 6.22 (again no OT points). All the while playing the 4th toughest schedule in the state in 5A according to CoachT.

Granted - in the Indy game the offense took a nap, we can all debate why, injuries, inexperienced QB, overconfident, Indy Defense or what ever you like.

The QB has made great strides since the Indy game, not only in managing the offense (remember he is just a Sophomore and moved here over the summer) but in the arc of his passes. More direct, less air, and more accurate. Threw a bad ball on the screen (defender made a great read) - but otherwise his quick hits were on the mark.

I'll take our "horrible offense" along with our strellar defense over anyone elses outside looking in offense and defense!

With a 16.5 average margin of victory, the offense is just fine.

Edited by faninthestand

I think the topic was Franklin's state champ run. Their defense will take them 3 rounds. Then that horrible offense will not put up any points and they will lose.

Unless they somehow get some blocking up front and find a qb that can make the throws necessary to run their type of offense.

If I were a betting man, I'd say they run into Gallatin in Round 3 and it would definitely be a knock-out, drag- out fight.

If they don't meet Gallatin I'd say they'll meet either DC or Ravenwood, because region 6 should be able to beat region 5 minus Gallatin.

One other Stat to swallow:

When Franklin ended up in the Boro in 2004, they averaged only 2.3 points per game more than this group, but the defense was giving up twice as many points at 12.43.

This group can definitely reach the same point as the 2004 team. One striking simillarity, no one else believed they could get there in 2004 as well.

Edited by faninthestand

I do :thumb: I was there, and very cold - as we waited for the timely delay to be resolved!

I would love to see a Gallatin Franklin game in round 3, no worry about lighting - but man the defensive battle would be incredible!

I'll go ahead and predict the score: 3-2.

Or maybe 5-3 if there is a turnover in there.

I highly doubt Franklin is going to state.

Ravenwood is the best team I've seen all season. They're going to be major underdogs against Gallatin. The defense is absolutely nasty and incredibly gutsy, the offense is very efficient and Becker is like a mini TC Jennings. Throw in the fact that a lot of these guys have something that very few players in this postseason can claim--a nice diamond ring...watch out for the Raptors, they're getting hot at the right time.

Franklin isn't bad. They've got a great defense but they will not be able to put up points. They have athletes on offense, but not the horses that they can ride to the promised land. Mikrut was actually a very underrated QB. I just don't see Franklin making it that far...but the way it sets up, I'm pretty sure a team from region 6 will be at least in the quarterfinals if not the semis. Points scored is a very misleading stat, especially when you're in a region with Columbia, Clarksville NE, and Centennial (I know you guys haven't played them yet).

Edited by donathan5507