Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

Big Doug, I'm sensing your sarcasm in the last remark. And I am with you on this. The reason I stated Pioneer is not off to a great start, was the loss to DCA. DCA is not exactly a powerhouse, hence we have Ben Stiller declaring that Brentwood Academy will beat Pioneer by 30, with no real clue about them other than that game. I didn't know that they were missing 2 starters, I was guessing something like that though. On the other side of that, it shows they have little depth. It is funny how people will determine the outcome of future games based on past performances. Another example, Ben believes White House should handle Haywood easily because Haywood lost to Covington and they beat Covington in a scrimmage. (Don't tell him that Covington was missing both 6'9" transfers all 6 starters, not to mention their waterboy and statistician for that scrimmage) In the end it will all be proven on the court. Also, you guys from the mid-state, keep thinking Union City is small and therefore you shouldn't worry about them. After all, you guys have some big guys, should be no contest, Union City will just lay down for you.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Doug, I'm sensing your sarcasm in the last remark. And I am with you on this. The reason I stated Pioneer is not off to a great start, was the loss to DCA. DCA is not exactly a powerhouse, hence we have Ben Stiller declaring that Brentwood Academy will beat Pioneer by 30, with no real clue about them other than that game. I didn't know that they were missing 2 starters, I was guessing something like that though. On the other side of that, it shows they have little depth. It is funny how people will determine the outcome of future games based on past performances. Another example, Ben believes White House should handle Haywood easily because Haywood lost to Covington and they beat Covington in a scrimmage. (Don't tell him that Covington was missing both 6'9" transfers all 6 starters, not to mention their waterboy and statistician for that scrimmage) In the end it will all be proven on the court. Also, you guys from the mid-state, keep thinking Union City is small and therefore you shouldn't worry about them. After all, you guys have some big guys, should be no contest, Union City will just lay down for you.

Svebakken,

Point well taken. Union City has a great program, and anyone who thinks they will walk over them is makinga huge mistake. Pioneer is not deep and does have a thin bench. However you can match their frontline up against anybody. It will be a good tournament. I will be there watching my son who is a member of that thin bench. Good luck to all the teams.

Big Doug, I'm sensing your sarcasm in the last remark. And I am with you on this. The reason I stated Pioneer is not off to a great start, was the loss to DCA. DCA is not exactly a powerhouse, hence we have Ben Stiller declaring that Brentwood Academy will beat Pioneer by 30, with no real clue about them other than that game. I didn't know that they were missing 2 starters, I was guessing something like that though. On the other side of that, it shows they have little depth. It is funny how people will determine the outcome of future games based on past performances. Another example, Ben believes White House should handle Haywood easily because Haywood lost to Covington and they beat Covington in a scrimmage. (Don't tell him that Covington was missing both 6'9" transfers all 6 starters, not to mention their waterboy and statistician for that scrimmage) In the end it will all be proven on the court. Also, you guys from the mid-state, keep thinking Union City is small and therefore you shouldn't worry about them. After all, you guys have some big guys, should be no contest, Union City will just lay down for you

Are sou being serious about the 2 6'9" transfers?

War Eagles 58 minutes ago Post #63

Contender

Group: Guests

Member No.: 66,509

Gaines is not that great of a post player. I know he's 6'8, but he's not that great. All White House has is 2 or 3 pretty good guards and thats it.

Come on now WarEagles i like you, but to say Gaines isn't that great, is a bad statement. When we played yall @Sycamore that was Gaines 1st game back from football. He hadn't shot since September. I know he had an air ball on a free throw, but trust me he's a lot better than you think. Neither Kinman or Gaines started but from what I saw Gaines definetly got the better of him. The fact of the matter is, is that that was his first game back and he was rusty, I know you guys didn't have Austin, but we didn't have our 6'6" PF either. It helps a lot when he plays because when teams double Gaines, Wood takes over and vice-versa. I think Sycamore has a great team and yall could do some serious damage. But to say Gaines isn't that good is ridiculous. Honestly, right now I like him over any post player in AA in middle Tennessee. I'm not being bias either but with him being that tall and that big, it's really like a high-school shaq. Now there are plenty of guys 6'7" and taller that can stop him. I saw Zach Frey and Oakland's back-up center last year stop him. But he's really an animal down there who can pass and shoot. Good luck to yall vs. Lipscomb and hope to see you in the winners bracket.

Listen buddy, if your tallest player is 6'0" don't even show up cause you already lost. We could stand at half court and throw it to the raptors and let Gaines catch it on the way down for a lay-up everytime. Sorry charlie

Buddy,I know since you have a couple big guys you think your Blue Devils are the second coming..Believe me,Union City has played multiple teams with multiple tall players...Tall guys are actually a disadvantage to their teams against Union City...I hope you have a couple small guys that can sub in for the big guys,because your bigs won't be able to keep up..You'll only get to see if you have a ticket though,because Haywood is going to put the Devils in the losers bracket...Sorry charlie...If I'm not mistaken,White House's girls also has tall players.a 6'4"?? and a 6'0"..They got rolled 68-29 by Obion County Central....

Listen to baseballa and Svebakken...Liberty finally beat Union City last year after Union City had beaten them the first 4 times they played and Union City has beaten Haywood the last two times they have played....

Well first of all I know from personal experience big guys don't matter that much, i went down last year to play mcminn central and guarded Beau Brown and thought we had them beat because they didn't have a big guy, but guess what I was wrong. I haven't seen union city play and from what I hear they're a team no one wants to play, but to say we don't have a chance is absurd, we have a great coach and some good guards. but at since i haven't seen you guys play i can't say for sure anything. but the thing is you guys haven't seen us play so why you gonna say the things you are saying. But will you please give me some info on Haywood and Covington I would really like to know, I will give you as much info about teams that I can from what i've seen so far this year. It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks bud.