Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see a tournament with such a diverse field from all areas of the state< not to mention divisions.. With such great basketball in my future I'm already feeling a little less bah humbug. Gotta pull for the Lipscomb boys... They do not have the height, but they have Slater and Clayton. Hopefully, by the time of this tournament, the football boys will get used to dribbling a ball vs. wearing pads and hammering it on the field. Lipscomb has been playing with half a team so far (with Slaters rehab and the football state championships). This tournament will tell a lot about how they are going to progress in 2A this season. I hope all the teams and fans have safe trips to Music City.

Edited by Morton

Well first of all I know from personal experience big guys don't matter that much, i went down last year to play mcminn central and guarded Beau Brown and thought we had them beat because they didn't have a big guy, but guess what I was wrong. I haven't seen union city play and from what I hear they're a team no one wants to play, but to say we don't have a chance is absurd, we have a great coach and some good guards. but at since i haven't seen you guys play i can't say for sure anything. but the thing is you guys haven't seen us play so why you gonna say the things you are saying. But will you please give me some info on Haywood and Covington I would really like to know, I will give you as much info about teams that I can from what i've seen so far this year. It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks bud.

First off,let's stop with the bud stuff..We don't know each other so we can't be buds....

I was looking over the White House schedule..You guys are 6-2 against teams with a combined record of 22-30...You have beaten a 0-6 1A team by 9 points and a 0-5 team by 6 points..Your highest point output has been a whopping 60 points against a 2-4 1A team....You guys are averaging 51 points a game...Just as an observer of this list I would assume you guys don't run the floor much and like to keep games at snail's pace....It looks like you guys try to play to your strength,which is setting up in a halfcourt game..I was interested about this Geanes kid and remember seeing he played football for the Blue Devils....Is he the kid that is listed at 6'6" 353lbs on the roster??...Look,no I haven't seen White House play...You guys may be pretty good in your area...But 51 points in a game is not going to beat Haywood or Union City..They will run you out of the gym...I don't care how good the Geanes kid is,at 353lbs he will be getting passed on the way back upcourt against those two teams..Union City is a full court in your face 32 minutes of heck type team...Big players are a disadvantage to their team when they play Union City...Union City is averaging 93 points a game,almost 51 in the first half of games alone..White House has scored a total of 408 points thru 8 games this season...Union City scored 119 in one game....Union City has already played three teams better than White House(Haywood,Bolivar & Humboldt)and will play another Tuesday night when they face undefeated Lake County,who ended their season at 31-5 last year..All those teams mentioned have tall,skilled big people...From your posts,I also assume you were a player for White House last year..I admire your loyalty to the alma mater,but it clouds your reasoning..White House would not beat Union City and as is the case with most games involving Union City it would probably get real ugly,real fast....

Looks to me like the favorites would have have to be either Pioneer or Brentwood Acd.....Especially Pioneer because of the way they get their players..As far as public schools,Union City would be the favorite....Why did tournament officials match Pioneer-BA in the first round instead of opposite b@@@@ets??..Looks to me they would want that as the championship game...

Where can you get a schedule,results and roster from Pioneer Christian??

Looks to me like the favorites would have have to be either Pioneer or Brentwood Acd.....Especially Pioneer because of the way they get their players..As far as public schools,Union City would be the favorite....Why did tournament officials match Pioneer-BA in the first round instead of opposite b@@@@ets??..Looks to me they would want that as the championship game...

Where can you get a schedule,results and roster from Pioneer Christian??

go to the tennessean website they have there schedule and results and roster there

Bud, was sarcasm there bud, i used it cause i already don't like you. Now first off, where did you get the time to add all them stats up, that's very impressive that you can add and so forth. :lol: Pioneer has not a chance in the world vs. B.A. but you don't know that because you live in haywood or jackson or somewhere. Second off, you know what I think, with you guys scoring that much that shows no defense. Do yall play defense or do you just go for stats? Third off, our coach is from memphis and knows all about Haywood so I wouldn't go off and say we'll get run out of the gym, you better hope Taylor has 30, because if not it might be a long night. And finally, if you guys play B.A. in the 2nd round then pack your bags and have a nice trip back to the west side, because union city ain't got a chance vs. B.A. ( you make it sound like yall are liberty or something) you beat haywood by 1 point. :P

Edited by BenStiller23

Bud, was sarcasm there bud, i used it cause i already don't like you. Now first off, where did you get the time to add all them stats up, that's very impressive that you can add and so forth. :lol: Pioneer has not a chance in the world vs. B.A. but you don't know that because you live in haywood or jackson or somewhere. Second off, you know what I think, with you guys scoring that much that shows no defense. Do yall play defense or do you just go for stats? Third off, our coach is from memphis and knows all about Haywood so I wouldn't go off and say we'll get run out of the gym, you better hope Taylor has 30, because if not it might be a long night. And finally, if you guys play B.A. in the 2nd round then pack your bags and have a nice trip back to the west side, because union city ain't got a chance vs. B.A. ( you make it sound like yall are liberty or something) you beat haywood by 1 point. :P

Lister Gaylord Focker, White house hasn't got a chance against UC...UC plays great defense...In your face for 32 minutes, either running a full court press or a 3/4 court trap...They all can shoot (I'm sure they're averaging double digit threes) and they can get up for small guys...You might win the rebound battle...You might even have a bunch of dunks...But, unless you have a LOT of athletes, good peremiter defense, and a deep bench, it's going to get ugly

Edited by red_16

Bud, was sarcasm there bud, i used it cause i already don't like you. Now first off, where did you get the time to add all them stats up, that's very impressive that you can add and so forth. B) Pioneer has not a chance in the world vs. B.A. but you don't know that because you live in haywood or jackson or somewhere. Second off, you know what I think, with you guys scoring that much that shows no defense. Do yall play defense or do you just go for stats? Third off, our coach is from memphis and knows all about Haywood so I wouldn't go off and say we'll get run out of the gym, you better hope Taylor has 30, because if not it might be a long night. And finally, if you guys play B.A. in the 2nd round then pack your bags and have a nice trip back to the west side, because union city ain't got a chance vs. B.A. ( you make it sound like yall are liberty or something) you beat haywood by 1 point. B)

Well,Liberty did finally beat Union City last year after Union City had beaten them the first four times they played....I'm glad you don't like me..I've done my job...But you need to hear me and take it to heart....As I said in my last post,Pioneer Christian and Brentwood Acd. would be favorites..That was no earth-shattering point you brought to the post....Of course you wouldn't know this,but Union City did happen to beat a #1 ranked,defending state champion named Brentwood Acd. for their first state championship....When Haywood wipes the court with your beloved Blue Devils,think about that little smiley face you gave me saying UC beat Haywood by one point....I'll even go a little farther....Haywood had UC by 18 points late in the third quarter...That is when Union City went into another gear and outscored Haywood 30-14 in the fourth quarter of that game...Those boys from Brownsville can ball..No doubt and Union City has to play them again in Union City late in the regular season...You take your 38 points against Smyrna and your win over Jo Byrns and run with it...Oh and defense???..You haven't seen defense yet.... :thumb:

Well,Liberty did finally beat Union City last year after Union City had beaten them the first four times they played....I'm glad you don't like me..I've done my job...But you need to hear me and take it to heart....As I said in my last post,Pioneer Christian and Brentwood Acd. would be favorites..That was no earth-shattering point you brought to the post....Of course you wouldn't know this,but Union City did happen to beat a #1 ranked,defending state champion named Brentwood Acd. for their first state championship....When Haywood wipes the court with your beloved Blue Devils,think about that little smiley face you gave me saying UC beat Haywood by one point....I'll even go a little farther....Haywood had UC by 18 points late in the third quarter...That is when Union City went into another gear and outscored Haywood 30-14 in the fourth quarter of that game...Those boys from Brownsville can ball..No doubt and Union City has to play them again in Union City late in the regular season...You take your 38 points against Smyrna and your win over Jo Byrns and run with it...Oh and defense???..You haven't seen defense yet.... :thumb:

HEY MR HERO FROM UNION CITY . YOUR WRONG ABOUT PIONEER CHRISTIAN BEING ONE OF THE FAVORITES . BRENTWOOD ACADEMY IS VERY GOOD , AND SO IS LIPSCOMB AND IM SURE SO ARE YOUR BOYS. THEY DO SOUND GOOD. BUT PIONEER LOST TO DCA AND DCA ISNT THAT GOOD OF A BASKETBALL TEAM . I DID HEAR THAT PIONEER HAD 2 STARTERS MISSING THAT GAME. BUT THEY SHOULDVE BEAT DCA WITH THE CINNCINATI SIGNEE ALONE.

HEY MR HERO FROM UNION CITY . YOUR WRONG ABOUT PIONEER CHRISTIAN BEING ONE OF THE FAVORITES . BRENTWOOD ACADEMY IS VERY GOOD , AND SO IS LIPSCOMB AND IM SURE SO ARE YOUR BOYS. THEY DO SOUND GOOD. BUT PIONEER LOST TO DCA AND DCA ISNT THAT GOOD OF A BASKETBALL TEAM . I DID HEAR THAT PIONEER HAD 2 STARTERS MISSING THAT GAME. BUT THEY SHOULDVE BEAT DCA WITH THE CINNCINATI SIGNEE ALONE.

Well Larry Legend...Maybe Pioneer doesn't want to face UC either.... :thumb: ...

But you got to admit,if they had two starters out,that would hurt their chances...Also I hear they are a group of players that were kinda thrown together via the recruiting trail..Maybe it will take some time for them to mesh as a unit...But,I have to say you are right,they should have beaten DCA anyway...