Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 3 players from Ensworth, Miles Asafo-Adjei, Tavarres Jefferson and Gary Pope, have played against the best teams in the nation. Their AAU team placed 5th in the nation this past year and I guarantee you they can handle whatever pressure any team in the state has. The only thing that will hold them back is the style of play that the Ensworth coaching staff wants them to play.

I know 3 players from Ensworth, Miles Asafo-Adjei, Tavarres Jefferson and Gary Pope, have played against the best teams in the nation. Their AAU team placed 5th in the nation this past year and I guarantee you they can handle whatever pressure any team in the state has. The only thing that will hold them back is the style of play that the Ensworth coaching staff wants them to play.

They will be able to handle it,only to look up at the scoreboard and be down by 30 and to have 25 to 30 turnovers.Not taking anything away from the kids of Ensworth,but the teams they have been playing are not like the team they will see Thursday at 4.

Chipper tell me if im wrong but i think that the coby kid will be out for the turny..due to a knee injury..I heard he will be out for about 3 weeks or so..If thats true then Union City will really miss that kid in that tournament..I heard wouldnt be ready to play at Popular Bluff also..Some reply to this and let me know whats up..

Coby went to the doctor yesterday for an MRI...His knee was still too swollen to perform the MRI...From what Coach Sisco said on the radio last night,they are hoping to get him back to the doc on Tuesday...Until then,I believe he has been fitted for a brace...He will be out for the tourney in Nashville for sure....Coach Sisco said best case would be that he has a severe sprain..Worst case,it's an ACL...All this was told in an interview with Mike Rauchle on WQAK last night...

They will be able to handle it,only to look up at the scoreboard and be down by 30 and to have 25 to 30 turnovers.Not taking anything away from the kids of Ensworth,but the teams they have been playing are not like the team they will see Thursday at 4.

Chipper...If they win on Thursday afternoon,I am hoping to go Friday and Saturday....

I imagine alot of Ensworth people are looking at this game as one with a regular little ole 1A team....They aint seen nothin yet... :lol:

I think it will.What is wrong with Wright?Union City will probably be without starter Andre Coby who hopefully just stained his knee.He goes to the doctor on Monday.Can u name me the starters of Brentwood along with their height and points their averaging a game.

Kotas 6', Garrett 6'1", Murphy 6'9", Stallings 6'5", Brown 6'7" (based on tonight's introductions vs. Giles Co.)

Not sure about their avgs. Wright out hurts bad. They are super scrappy, but not solid vs. speed. Their press crushes teams that can't out run them. Several solid players off the bench and they sub a lot.

Kotas 6', Garrett 6'1", Murphy 6'9", Stallings 6'5", Brown 6'7" (based on tonight's introductions vs. Giles Co.)

Not sure about their avgs. Wright out hurts bad. They are super scrappy, but not solid vs. speed. Their press crushes teams that can't out run them. Several solid players off the bench and they sub a lot.

So the BA vs UC matchup in the second round(IF IT HAPPENS) should be a great one.....I hope that I will be able to make it for the game <_<