Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

I know 3 players from Ensworth, Miles Asafo-Adjei, Tavarres Jefferson and Gary Pope, have played against the best teams in the nation. Their AAU team placed 5th in the nation this past year and I guarantee you they can handle whatever pressure any team in the state has. The only thing that will hold them back is the style of play that the Ensworth coaching staff wants them to play.

Just like they handled the pressure by Antioch? What was the score at the end of the first quarter? 22-3.

Ensworth 2 - 6 on the year. Sounds like they are ready for just about anybody :unsure:

Edited by HSbballfan21

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coby went to the doctor yesterday for an MRI...His knee was still too swollen to perform the MRI...From what Coach Sisco said on the radio last night,they are hoping to get him back to the doc on Tuesday...Until then,I believe he has been fitted for a brace...He will be out for the tourney in Nashville for sure....Coach Sisco said best case would be that he has a severe sprain..Worst case,it's an ACL...All this was told in an interview with Mike Rauchle on WQAK last night...

I was told last nite that it was a sprain.Also they have some video on the Cordova and Pioneer Christian game on unapproved website.com.

Just like they handled the pressure by Antioch? What was the score at the end of the first quarter? 22-3.

Ensworth 2 - 6 on the year. Sounds like they are ready for just about anybody :thumb:

Again, my last comment says it all. The only thing holding back Ensworth is the coaching staff. If you have thouroughbreds you let them run, otherwise it will be a long and frustrating season for Ensworth and they probably will get drilled in this tournament.

Again, my last comment says it all. The only thing holding back Ensworth is the coaching staff. If you have thouroughbreds you let them run, otherwise it will be a long and frustrating season for Ensworth and they probably will get drilled in this tournament.

I am sure you are right. Ricky Bowers has won state championships in both football and basketball. To bad he just doesn’t know how to coach those elite athletes he has at Ensworth. Funny to the rest of us it looks like Ensworth probably needs a few more recruits to be a good team. Not to mention the kids you keep referring to are sophomores and still developing:

I think we will get to see how much talent Ensworth really has at this tournament.

It could get ugly.

Edited by HSbballfan21

I belive White House lines up at 6'8 and 6'6" so I don't think the tornadoes are the favorite here U man. I read teir talllest player is 6'2"

do u know where the best basketball in the state is actually played at? go look at last years state tournaments and see which part of the state all 3 champs came from :thumb:

I think the 6'8" guy is a defensive lineman on the football team and weighs somewhere in the 350lb range,according to their football website...

I am sure you are right. Ricky Bowers has won state championships in both football and basketball. To bad he just doesn’t know how to coach those elite athletes he has at Ensworth. Funny to the rest of us it looks like Ensworth probably needs a few more recruits to be a good team. Not to mention the kids you keep referring to are sophomores and still developing:

I think we will get to see how much talent Ensworth really has at this tournament.

It could get ugly.

Ricky Bowers was the head coach at Brentwood Acd the year Union City won their first state championship...