Chattanooga Area Top Ten

anspa

RK/ PR

1. 1. Ooltewah (9-0) Def. Oak Ridge 23-6. That's 2 straight over the Cats; the same winning streak resides over the Trojan's who are next for Ooltewah. I don't see that one ending this year.

2. 2. McCallie (8-1) Def. MBA 34-21. Father Ryan won't be a breather to finish out the Tornado's season.

3. 3. Red Bank (9-0) Def. White Co. 38-0. Hixson shouldn't even be able to put up a fight against the Lions, but a win gives them a prayer; coach of the year Daniels, should have them ready for win #10.

4. 5. McMinn Co. (6-3) Def. Heritage 55-14. A win over BC would put the streak at 6; I would hate to be Sevier Co. and have to play them in the first round.

5. 6. Baylor (7-2) Def. Coffee Co. 37-14. MBA needs a win to have a shot if Father Ryan loses, so Baylor better be fired up.

6. 7. Rhea Co. (6-3) Def. #7 Cleveland 28-7. Man.. I knew Rhea was capable but holding Cleveland to just 7 points.. Eagles kept Cleveland out of the playoffs last year and have always been a thorn in the side of the Raiders.

7. 4. Cleveland (7-2) Lost to #6 Rhea Co. 7- 28. Not sure what happened to the former number 4 team.. but they better not take a winless WV team forgranted.

8. 9. Temple (9-0) Def. Copper Basin 48-7. Temple is the most interesting team to me in this area to me with their season thus far; really want to see how they stack up against the other 1A powers in the state playoffs.

9. 10. Tyner Academy (6-3) Def. BGA 37-16. Amazing that a loss to Boyd (2-7) would put them at second in the region (behind Boyd).. I hope they are ready for the Bucs who have won 2 of the last 3.

10. 8. Meigs Co. (8-1) Lost to Sweetwater 0-14. I knew I shouldn't have leaned on them to win out. They were undefeated when i didn't pull for them. They shouldn't have any problems with the nukes this weekend.

Just out: Notre Dame (7-2), Polk Co. (7-2), Hixson (6-3), Howard (6-3)

Big Games this weekend:

#2 McCallie (8-1) vs. Father Ryan (5-4)

#3 Red Bank (9-0) vs. Hixson (6-3)

#5 Baylor (7-2) @ MBA (4-5)

#6 Rhea Co. (6-3) vs. White Co. (4-5)

#9 Tyner Academy (6-3) @ Boyd Bucannan (2-7) (region championship)

Brainerd (4-5) @ Chattanooga Central (1-8) - this game is big simply because just a month ago the Panthers got 77 points put on them in a loss to Red Bank, they were then 1-5; now they are now undefeated in October and all but walking into the playoffs at .500 with a win against the Pounders. That takes a lot of heart. Granted this will be their final victory, because the Rebels will put an end to the Cinderella story real quick.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RK/ PR

1. 1. Ooltewah (9-0) Def. Oak Ridge 23-6. That's 2 straight over the Cats; the same winning streak resides over the Trojan's who are next for Ooltewah. I don't see that one ending this year.

2. 2. McCallie (8-1) Def. MBA 34-21. Father Ryan won't be a breather to finish out the Tornado's season.

3. 3. Red Bank (9-0) Def. White Co. 38-0. Hixson shouldn't even be able to put up a fight against the Lions, but a win gives them a prayer; coach of the year Daniels, should have them ready for win #10.

4. 5. McMinn Co. (6-3) Def. Heritage 55-14. A win over BC would put the streak at 6; I would hate to be Sevier Co. and have to play them in the first round.

5. 6. Baylor (7-2) Def. Coffee Co. 37-14. MBA needs a win to have a shot if Father Ryan loses, so Baylor better be fired up.

6. 7. Rhea Co. (6-3) Def. #7 Cleveland 28-7. Man.. I knew Rhea was capable but holding Cleveland to just 7 points.. Eagles kept Cleveland out of the playoffs last year and have always been a thorn in the side of the Raiders.

7. 4. Cleveland (7-2) Lost to #6 Rhea Co. 7- 28. Not sure what happened to the former number 4 team.. but they better not take a winless WV team forgranted.

8. 9. Temple (9-0) Def. Copper Basin 48-7. Temple is the most interesting team to me in this area to me with their season thus far; really want to see how they stack up against the other 1A powers in the state playoffs.

9. 10. Tyner Academy (6-3) Def. BGA 37-16. Amazing that a loss to Boyd (2-7) would put them at second in the region (behind Boyd).. I hope they are ready for the Bucs who have won 2 of the last 3.

10. 8. Meigs Co. (8-1) Lost to Sweetwater 0-14. I knew I shouldn't have leaned on them to win out. They were undefeated when i didn't pull for them. They shouldn't have any problems with the nukes this weekend.

Just out: Notre Dame (7-2), Polk Co. (7-2), Hixson (6-3), Howard (6-3)

Big Games this weekend:

#2 McCallie (8-1) vs. Father Ryan (5-4)

#3 Red Bank (9-0) vs. Hixson (6-3)

#5 Baylor (7-2) @ MBA (4-5)

#6 Rhea Co. (6-3) vs. White Co. (4-5)

#9 Tyner Academy (6-3) @ Boyd Bucannan (2-7) (region championship)

Brainerd (4-5) @ Chattanooga Central (1-8) - this game is big simply because just a month ago the Panthers got 77 points put on them in a loss to Red Bank, they were then 1-5; now they are now undefeated in October and all but walking into the playoffs at .500 with a win against the Pounders. That takes a lot of heart. Granted this will be their final victory, because the Rebels will put an end to the Cinderella story real quick.

Once again...Great poll...

ooltewah is not a better team than mccallie. the truth is ooltewah is afraid to play mccallie, just ask their head master. why do you think mccallie has to play out of state teams year after year. the truth is big time d1 schools from chattanooga do not want to play mccallie because they don't want that loss on their record. mccallie and all other d2 schools have tougher schedules than anyone else in the state year after year.

ooltewah is not a better team than mccallie. the truth is ooltewah is afraid to play mccallie, just ask their head master. why do you think mccallie has to play out of state teams year after year. the truth is big time d1 schools from chattanooga do not want to play mccallie because they don't want that loss on their record. mccallie and all other d2 schools have tougher schedules than anyone else in the state year after year.

Man you nailed it on the head. McCallie is in a different classification for a reason.

"This ground has been plowed" "This dead horse has been beaten"

McCallie LOST TO A 2A SCHOOL THAT ONLY HAS 411 PEOPLE IN THERE SCHOOL McCallie NOT ALL THAT GOOD OVER-RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overrated? LOL.....McCallie has played 8 teams (out of 10 for someone with difficulty counting, such as yourself) that are headed to the playoffs. They have also defeated 3 #1 ranked teams this year. Why don't you go talk to Coach Daniels and the administration at Red Bank and see if they would like to put McCallie back on the schedule? Oh wait, I forgot. After McCallie throttled your beloved Lions 55-8 Red Bank decided that they'd had enough. I'm not even going to bring up the jamboree because I've already heard all of the excuses from Red Bank. Oh, we didn't play everyone; a few people were injured....wha...wha...wha! Alcoa is one of the toughest teams in the state, regardless of classification. Why don't you guys give it a shot. I know you wouldn't want to tarnish your weak schedule by playing stiff competition.

Edited by Buzzman