Columbia Central @ INDY

lostfan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy 42

Columbia 9

Indy could've scored 80 in this game. Columbia needs to get their coaching situation together because they have some decent talent. How is Isaiah Smith? He left the game and did not return.

I felt bad for Columbia's QB...the line was very porus and Pettigrew absolutely dominated on both sides of the ball. That poor QB took some MAJOR hits.

Sloppy game. Sloppy weather. Pettigrew had 17 for 174 and 4 TDs. Solid effort.

Indy has the bowl game at home on Thursday to wrap up what has been a very successful first season with seniors.

Indy 42

Columbia 9

Indy could've scored 80 in this game. Columbia needs to get their coaching situation together because they have some decent talent. How is Isaiah Smith? He left the game and did not return.

I felt bad for Columbia's QB...the line was very porus and Pettigrew absolutely dominated on both sides of the ball. That poor QB took some MAJOR hits.

Sloppy game. Sloppy weather. Pettigrew had 17 for 174 and 4 TDs. Solid effort.

Indy has the bowl game at home on Thursday to wrap up what has been a very successful first season with seniors.

Is the game against Overton. Good luck and make a statement about Region 6 before the playoffs start.

Also, i don't see how you lost to Ravenwood 31-0

Is the game against Overton. Good luck and make a statement about Region 6 before the playoffs start.

Also, i don't see how you lost to Ravenwood 31-0

Congratulations to the Dickson faithful on the big win over Ravenwood. Your posts are always very positive and the Dickson fans have a ton of class. Unfortunately, the Ravenwood game was the one very poor performance of the season for Indy and it cost them the playoffs due to the head-to-head tiebreaker.

This Bowl game is being sponsored by Sonic and is set for Thur., Nov. 2nd at 6:30pm at Indy (7-3) vs. Overton (5-5). Both teams have a lot to prove after narrowly missing out on the playoffs with 4-3 Region records. I expect a hard fought game with both teams wanting to send their Seniors off on a high note and jump start their 2007 seasons. Good luck to both teams and to no injuries.

im not gonna even say a score but columbia will bring it because of last year and im sure indy will bring it beacause of senior night. should be a good game if columbia's O can score.

CC,

Please explain how the hs team can be so bad when their main feeder (Witthorne) and their freshman team consistently wins? I guess it has to be coaching, but I don't understand how they do so badly with such good talent.

columbia has talent like riverdale does. they dominate in middle school and freshman football then when they get to high school they all of a sudden start losing. they have some of the most gifted players around should be at least 1 d1 player every year if not more. i dont know some changes need to happen. as far as smith goes he has been playing with a sprained PCL and a deep bone briuse in his knee four about 5 or 6 weeks and friday night he reinjured it worse. his knee got caught up in a pile when he and a teammate tackled #22 in the back field. i hope its nothing serious.

columbia has talent like riverdale does. they dominate in middle school and freshman football then when they get to high school they all of a sudden start losing. they have some of the most gifted players around should be at least 1 d1 player every year if not more. i dont know some changes need to happen. as far as smith goes he has been playing with a sprained PCL and a deep bone briuse in his knee four about 5 or 6 weeks and friday night he reinjured it worse. his knee got caught up in a pile when he and a teammate tackled #22 in the back field. i hope its nothing serious.

I was thinking the same thing about Central. I think they need a new coach and coaching staff. All new, no one from the current administration. Sometimes the "in" people listen to what is being said about the kids based on past experiences instead of giving each kid a chance. I think a new administration could and would get more quality players out. It gives the kids that didn't think they had a chance to play for the current coach because of politics or whatever a feeling of hope that they will get a fair shake. What do you think? There is no reason that Whitthorne should be as good as they are and Central be as bad as they are.

I was thinking the same thing about Central. I think they need a new coach and coaching staff. All new, no one from the current administration. Sometimes the "in" people listen to what is being said about the kids based on past experiences instead of giving each kid a chance. I think a new administration could and would get more quality players out. It gives the kids that didn't think they had a chance to play for the current coach because of politics or whatever a feeling of hope that they will get a fair shake. What do you think? There is no reason that Whitthorne should be as good as they are and Central be as bad as they are.

If they are thinking of changing coaches they should look right down the street in Coach Bullock (Witthorne). I have coached against him for the last 4 years and he is a very good coach.

Edited by tnsparty

I've mentioned on here several times that Bullock from Whitthorne Middle is the man for the job. Knows the game inside and out, very strict on discipline, and highly respected by parents, players, and the community. The entire coaching staff at Columbia Central needs to go. Hire Bullock and let him hire his own staff. It's a guaranteed road to the playoffs.

I really don't think Columbia Central as a school is dedicated to having a good football team. The facilities are very poor and once again they don't even have their own stadium. Until the administration and the community get fired up into having a "real" football program I don't think any changes will be made to the coaching or the facilities. The head coach is a home town boy so he will be there forever.

The really sad part is that there is talent on the team and there are some really good guys, but the total lack of discipline and the actions of some of players on the team have caused them to be known as a team of "thugs". Most teams refer to them by that name and it is a total shame. It all starts with the head coach and I think he will stay right where he is for years to come.