7-5A vs 8-5A

kwc

Whitehaven was playing for a lot out there and Houston knew they were in the playoffs. As it was WHS's senior night and potential last game, they played with deep conviction. Now, Houston may have had a bad game (I know, I play for them), but you're counting them out so quickly?

Mttgil11p,

Let me say right off the bat--I commend Houston on a great season so far. I have much respect for what you all have accomplished and the gutsy, hard-nosed manner in which Houston competes.

Now, as for Houston's playoff chances.....Ever since I saw Houston play (loss) Woodale, I became convinced that Houston just didn't have enough size, speed or playmakers to be considered a good team, let alone a Bona Fide Title Contender. Although well disciplined, Houston otherwise looked like a collection of over-achieving Junior Varsity players stepping up too far in class-- much, much too soon.

I still feel the same way about Houston. That's why I'm counting them out....I just don't expect them to last very long in the playoffs, not at all.

While Houstons's blowout loss to Whitehaven can be partially attributed to the circumstances you mentioned, I maintain that Houston's dreadful performance was moreso a reflection of the inherent limitations of this Houston Mustang team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of success vs Bolton.

Edited by TraderB

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are being quite a cynicist PAPAW...we didn't have much of a QB last year, but we definitely had #32 and you see how that turned out...Denton didn't play well at all in last year's Germantown game and we won quite easily...I am by no means saying that these two teams are the same as last year and that the game will turn out the same...but I think we pull this one out. Don't worry and be happy...get behind us!

Never doubt that I'm not behind "us".

Happy, yes, 10-0 is a great season...........Period.......Never got to be 10-0 in any sport.

Worry, well, that what ole folk do. Remember Briercreast, .3 seconds to go. Get ready to relieve it, several times. You get me to the hospital.............

Not to worry PAPAW...I think the coaches are all certified in CPR!

I don't really know what to expect from G'town tonight. I am with you about not knowing what is really going on with their program. I do know they have been good in the past and based on that, expect a good game.

I would feel much better if we had a better passing game, but ... it is what it is, we are what we are ... and at this point there is not much we can do about it. I know last year, we should have beat them much worse than 19-7...moved the ball up and down the field but kept turning it over. Hopefully, we will play a turnover free game and come out on top. Either way, I am sure the guys will put it all on the line and give it their best shot tonight.

You know when it is all said and done, whether it be tonight or on a future Friday night, the emotions of the seniors after the game are always hard for me to take. Whenever it happens this year, there will be so many other emotions as well, I might need CPR!

Not to worry PAPAW...I think the coaches are all certified in CPR!

I don't really know what to expect from G'town tonight. I am with you about not knowing what is really going on with their program. I do know they have been good in the past and based on that, expect a good game.

I would feel much better if we had a better passing game, but ... it is what it is, we are what we are ... and at this point there is not much we can do about it. I know last year, we should have beat them much worse than 19-7...moved the ball up and down the field but kept turning it over. Hopefully, we will play a turnover free game and come out on top. Either way, I am sure the guys will put it all on the line and give it their best shot tonight.

You know when it is all said and done, whether it be tonight or on a future Friday night, the emotions of the seniors after the game are always hard for me to take. Whenever it happens this year, there will be so many other emotions as well, I might need CPR!

I'll take 19-7 right now and stay warm tonight. I'm looking more at it being 9-7 and me being cold.

Your right, from now on it's 'here we are, beat us if you can.'

And we have ALOT of seniors. We talked about this at supper last night and it has been in my head all day. I'm hoping that-that game is 4 weeks from tonight, with tears of joy.

As for the CPR, you can use the coaches, I'm PRAYING for a blue eye, blond hair FEMALE medic at the game :o

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

Mttgil11p,

Let me say right off the bat--I commend Houston on a great season so far. I have much respect for what you all have accomplished and the gutsy, hard-nosed manner in which Houston competes.

Now, as for Houston's playoff chances.....Ever since I saw Houston play (loss) Woodale, I became convinced that Houston just didn't have enough size, speed or playmakers to be considered a good team, let alone a Bona Fide Title Contender. Although well disciplined, Houston otherwise looked like a collection of over-achieving Junior Varsity players stepping up too far in class-- much, much too soon.

I still feel the same way about Houston. That's why I'm counting them out....I just don't expect them to last very long in the playoffs, not at all.

While Houstons's blowout loss to Whitehaven can be partially attributed to the circumstances you mentioned, I maintain that Houston's dreadful performance was moreso a reflection of the inherent limitations of this Houston Mustang team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of success vs Bolton.

It looks like Coach Welch at Bolton has found the right chemistry to bring the offense up with his good defense. With a 27 - 7 win . Boltons offensive talent has come together !! Now we face white station in round 2 . What is everyones thoughts on this match up ??