7-5A vs 8-5A

kwc

From the TSSAA website:

Region 7

Ridgeway is first. Bolton is second. Millington is third. Cordova is fourth.

Region 8

If Wooddale wins, White Station wins, and Houston wins, White Station is first, Wooddale is second, and Houston is third.

If Wooddale wins, White Station wins, and Houston loses, White Station is first, Wooddale is second, and Houston is third.

If Wooddale loses, White Station loses, and Houston loses, White Station is first, Wooddale is second, and Houston is third.

If Wooddale loses, White Station wins, and Houston loses, White Station is first, Wooddale is second, and Houston is third.

If Wooddale wins and White Station loses, Wooddale is first, Houston is second, and White Station is third.

If Wooddale loses, White Station wins, and Houston wins, Houston is first, White Station is second, and Wooddale is third.

If Wooddale loses, White Station loses, and Houston wins, Houston is first, White Station is second, and Wooddale is third.

Germantown is fourth unless Germantown loses and Whitehaven wins, in which case Whitehaven is fourth.

I think Wooddale, White Station, and Germantown all win their next games. Under those circumstances ... the point is moot if Houston wins or not, the seeding will be as follows in region 8-5A:

1) White Station, 2) Wooddale, 3) Houston, & 4) Germantown.

That being established; this is how I see the playoffs going.

Round 1:

White Station hosts Cordova ~~~~> White Station wins

Bolton hosts Houston ~~~~> Houston wins (revenge factor)

Note 1:

White Station will be competing without the services of their outstanding QB who is out for the season. Cordova's defense may very well pull off the upset ... but I think White Station's stellar 'D' holds down Bolton's anemic offense enough for the White Station playmakers to puts enough points on the board to win this game.

Ridgeway hosts Germantown ~~~> Ridgeway wins

Wooddale hosts Millington ~~~> Wooddale wins

Round 2:

White Station hosts Houston ~~~> White Station wins (revenge factor)

Ridgeway hosts Wooddale ~~~> drum roll please ........ Wooddale wins

Note 2:

White Station barely loss this first meeting with a new QB running the show. I think this QB will gain some much needed confidence when they beat Hamilton, and he will have had 4 weeks of practice under his belt as the #1 QB running with the 1st teamers. He will be drastically better in this rematch and I think the White Station 'D', once again, slows down Houston enough for the White Station playmakers to put enough points on the board for White Station to win.

Note 3:

Honestly ... I think Ridgeway has just as much of an opportunity to win this game as Wooddale, and since I had to pick a winner ... I opted to be a region 8-5A homer ... so sue me! ... :thumb:

Round 3:

White Station hosts Wooddale ~~~> Wooddale wins

Note 4:

This win isn't so much of a revenge factor then it is the fact that not having Link at QB will be too much for White Station to overcome going up against Wooddale's combination of stellar 'D' and prolific 'O'.

That's me takin a stab at it, what do you guys think? Rip mine to shreds and do your own. Let's have some fun with this.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the TSSAA website:

I think Wooddale, White Station, and Germantown all win their next games. Under those circumstances ... the point is moot if Houston wins or not, the seeding will be as follows in region 8-5A:

Round 1:

Note 1:

White Station will be competing without the services of their outstanding QB who is out for the season. Cordova's defense may very well pull off the upset ... but I think White Station's stellar 'D' holds down Bolton's anemic offense enough for the White Station playmakers to puts enough points on the board to win this game.

Round 2:

Note 2:

White Station barely loss this first meeting with a new QB running the show. I think this QB will gain some much needed confidence when they beat Hamilton, and he will have had 4 weeks of practice under his belt as the #1 QB running with the 1st teamers. He will be drastically better in this rematch and I think the White Station 'D', once again, slows down Houston enough for the White Station playmakers to put enough points on the board for White Station to win.

Note 3:

Honestly ... I think Ridgeway has just as much of an opportunity to win this game as Wooddale, and since I had to pick a winner ... I opted to be a region 8-5A homer ... so sue me! ... :thumb:

Round 3:

Note 4:

This win isn't so much of a revenge factor then it is the fact that not having Link at QB will be too much for White Station to overcome going up against Wooddale's combination of stellar 'D' and prolific 'O'.

That's me takin a stab at it, what do you guys think? Rip mine to shreds and do your own. Let's have some fun with this.

All of that is fine and dandy until one of the 8-5A team run into Ridgeway.

Actually, If Aaron A-Train Crawford is healthy for Ridgeway.

Whoever plays them will be playing there last game of the season.

With Crawford sitting out. The Ridgeway D has stepped there game up even more.

I haven't seen a better D in Memphis this year.

Roadrunner headed to the State Championship*

* If A. Crawford is 100%

T.C.

All of that is fine and dandy until one of the 8-5A team run into Ridgeway.

Actually, If Aaron A-Train Crawford is healthy for Ridgeway.

Whoever plays them will be playing there last game of the season.

With Crawford sitting out. The Ridgeway D has stepped there game up even more.

I haven't seen a better D in Memphis this year.

Roadrunner headed to the State Championship*

* If A. Crawford is 100%

T.C.

T.C.

You may be right, you may be wrong. The region 8 teams have some pretty good defenses as well. I think White Station with a healty QB and Wooddale currently will go toe to toe with Ridgeway. Houston ... even though I haven't been to any games ... there is this little nagging thing in the back of my head. I know they have won some key games ... but ... anyway, that's why they play the games.

I know crawford has healed up, but I had expected him to play last Friday. Don't go running crazy with this CoachT'ers ... this is just me thinkin out loud. When he (Crawford) didn't play, I immediately started thinkin 'high ankle sprain'. Those are bugger bears to deal with. Two weeks of rest should be sufficient ... but if it's a H.A.S., those things don't go away quickly ... they tend to linger and become bothersome.

I hope that's not the case for AC, or as you put it ... A-Train!

Edited by kwc

Honestly ... I think Ridgeway has just as much of an opportunity to win this game as Wooddale, and since I had to pick a winner ... I opted to be a region 8-5A homer ... so sue me! ... :rolleyes:

Round 3:

Well, Mill. & Cor. couldn't beat us with Crawford on the sideline, so I have them as one and out.

Bolton gave us a very hard game with Crawford at 100% and they have all ready beat Houston. I just don't know but I would pick Houston.

What is wrong with G/town? 3 loses in a row? Of course playing Kirby will cure some of the problem.

White Station lost their QB, but from what I've heard this QB was close to being the starting Qb and just to good to sit on the bench so he went to receiver. You may have the time frame right for this young man?

From the start of the year W/dale has been the team that worried me, then W/S started putting up the numbers and they became a concern, but not so much now.

After the way we beat Millington I ""HOPED" that our QB problem was over with. Wrong, o so very wrong.

My guess is that all 4 of the R/8 teams are as good or better on defense as Bolton. Crawford better be 100% because he is in for some very hard yards.

We have a GREAT defense. Can they score 1 time a game and give us 2/3 short fields to work with so that we can use Jasper? I think maybe they can against everyone except W/dale. Cooley is just going to have to come up with a way to spead the defense for us to beat W/dale. I also think the winner of this game goes to the semi's.

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

T.C.

You may be right, you may be wrong. The region 8 teams have some pretty good defenses as well. I think White Station with a healty QB and Wooddale currently will go toe to toe with Ridgeway. Houston ... even though I haven't been to any games ... there is this little nagging thing in the back of my head. I know they have won some key games ... but ... anyway, that's why they play the games.

I know crawford has healed up, but I had expected him to play last Friday. Don't go running crazy with this CoachT'ers ... this is just me thinkin out loud. When he (Crawford) didn't play, I immediately started thinkin 'high ankle sprain'. Those are bugger bears to deal with. Two weeks of rest should be sufficient ... but if it's a H.A.S., those things don't go away quickly ... they tend to linger and become bothersome.

KWC,

If Ridgeway needed Crawford last week he would have played, but with the field conditions being the way they were and not really needing to produce all too mcuh offense with our D against Cordova's anemic offensive attack...we opted not to play him...he will definitely be on the field for the Overton game and look for hm to be racking up some big numbers...this could be a blessing in disguise for RHS as Crawford will come in with a new hunger and probably more importantly fresh legs that would have been taxed becuase everyone knows...he's the horse. So watch out for Ridgeway and AC and don't be suprised if you see a little extra burst in those powerful legs...

Edited by rhsplaya55

From the TSSAA website:

Round 1:

Note 1:

Round 2:

Note 2:

Note 3:

Honestly ... I think Ridgeway has just as much of an opportunity to win this game as Wooddale, and since I had to pick a winner ... I opted to be a region 8-5A homer ... so sue me! ... :blink:

Round 3:

Note 4:

KWC YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT TRADER B SAYS...LOL..

I think that White station is going to be seriously hurt with the lack of a QB...

It will come down to Ridgeway and the Cards....You know which way I lean...

That being said....I will not feel good in that game until its over...If it comes to be it will be a close one,

Bg

KWC YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT TRADER B SAYS...LOL..

I think that White station is going to be seriously hurt with the lack of a QB...

It will come down to Ridgeway and the Cards....You know which way I lean...

That being said....I will not feel good in that game until its over...If it comes to be it will be a close one,

Bg

Bg3,

I agree about White Station. Since they lost their starting QB, they'll struggle to win 1 playoff game. They definetly don't stand a chance vs your beloved Woodale Cardinals, IMO, should both teams make it that far.

As for the potential Woodale vs Ridgeway matchup....Sorry, BG--but my money is on Ridgeway (RW).

Woodale has a GREAT OFFENSE, with QB Perry and WR Davis leading the way! They'll get shut down (again) vs. RW's defense, I believe. While I'm not too sure of how RW's DBs will fare vs Perry, I don't think it will be as big a key as one might think. In my view, RW will be able to get a lot pressure on Perry (often) and force him into bad and/or inaccurate throws. This will help protect RWs untested DBs and, at the same time, cause Woodale's offense to bog down and become less effective....From what I've witnessed, Bg3, Perry tends to struggle when pressured and/or forced out of the pocket. He's nowhere near as accurate, in those instances.

DISCLAIMER: If Crawford is not 100% for the playoffs, then all bets are off! Ridgeway will be very vulnerable to ANY team it plays, beginning with Germantown!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bg3, you know that I've been very tough on your Woodale Cardinals... Let me take a step back now and say this: Good luck to your team. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong about Woodale's defense! Woodale's prolific passing attack would make it a formidable and exciting West Tennessee (Memphis) representative in the 5A Blue Cross Clinic Bowl. :blink:

Edited by TraderB

T.C.

UPSET: Collierville 14 -- Woodale 7.

I'll post some post-game comments tomorrow (Sat).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitehaven clobbers the real (back-down-to-earth) Houston Mustangs!

It's all for naught though, as Whitehaven fails to make the playoffs (AGAIN) by virtue of Gtwn's blowout win over Kirby....My, my, my--What a complete waste of talent, over there at Whitehaven (again)! It's very Sad, very sad indeed.

UPSET: Collierville 14 -- Woodale 7.

I'll post some post-game comments tomorrow (Sat).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitehaven clobbers the real (back-down-to-earth) Houston Mustangs!

It's all for naught though, as Whitehaven fails to make the playoffs (AGAIN) by virtue of Gtwn's blowout win over Kirby....My, my, my--What a complete waste of talent, over there at Whitehaven (again)! It's very Sad, very sad indeed.

As Whitehaven fan, I would totally agree. Sad but true, ever since the legendary coach Stan Collins left we are still searching for a leader to guide the abundance of talent we get each year. Anyway, Good luck to all memphis area teams in the playoffs. I personally think that Wooddale, Ridgeway, and White Station (although Link's injury really, really, hurt thier chances) could do well in the playoffs

As Whitehaven fan, I would totally agree. Sad but true, ever since the legendary coach Stan Collins left we are still searching for a leader to guide the abundance of talent we get each year. Anyway, Good luck to all memphis area teams in the playoffs. I personally think that Wooddale, Ridgeway, and White Station (although Link's injury really, really, hurt thier chances) could do well in the playoffs

LaSal2000,

What do you think it's gonna take to finally get Whitehaven's football program turned around (have my ideas)?

Please don't hold back, Lasal2000. Lay it all out on the table!

Given this current trend and Whitehaven's participation in the always-tough Region 8-5A, Whitehaven's football program will likely have many more disappointing years--just like this one!