D2 Middle Semis

bapride

Brentwood Academy 3 Harpeth Hall 2 (PKs)

Very exciting match 2-2 at end of regulation and overtimes. BA wins on PKs 3-2 with BA keeper saving first 2 HH attempts.

BGA 4 Father Ryan 1

BGA scored early and their 4 goals included 2 unassisted corner kicks by Lydia Wright.

Thursday's Schedule

5:00 Father Ryan vs Harpeth Hall (winner advances to state in #3 position)

7:00 Brentwood Academy vs BGA (for 31 and #2 seeds)

Edited by bapride

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"BA wins on PKs 3-2 with BA keeper saving first 2 HH attempts"

bapride, you never miss a chance to toot your own daughter's horn! :thumb: What about giving some credit to the young ladies on BA who made thier PKs. Anyway, I wasn't able to make the game last night but heard both teams played hard the entire game. Best of luck on Thursday!

I don't know who your daughter is but I have "tooted the horn" for the daughters of many people for many years, including several on your team.

I think I tooted Lydia's horn in the same post, which got left out of yours.

If your game had gone to PKs and the same thing would have happened, I would have mentioned it too, especially since Jessica is one of the finest young ladies that I know. (On and off of the field)

BGA has the most individual talent in our region, including several girls that I care very deeply for. We wish them luck and look forward to the challenge of playing them tomorrow night.

As to the charge of being a proud Father, I am very guilty of that, no apologies there.

I think that Syd, Jules, Natalie, and Jess know that I was proud of them too.

I don't know who your daughter is but I have "tooted the horn" for the daughters of many people for many years, including several on your team.

I think I tooted Lydia's horn in the same post, which got left out of yours.

If your game had gone to PKs and the same thing would have happened, I would have mentioned it too, especially since Jessica is one of the finest young ladies that I know. (On and off of the field)

BGA has the most individual talent in our region, including several girls that I care very deeply for. We wish them luck and look forward to the challenge of playing them tomorrow night.

As to the charge of being a proud Father, I am very guilty of that, no apologies there.

I think that Syd, Jules, Natalie, and Jess know that I was proud of them too.

BGA has the most individually talented team in the region. I bet Brentwood Academy would argue that point. They have played the same level of competition and have a better record. Are you saying that you have the talent but arent very well coaches. Because if you have the best talent, the PJPII should not even been in the game. So is it coaching the reason you lost more games that BA or does BA in fact have more talent. Its got to be one of the other to explain why BA has a better record? Which is it? and im a centennial person. Not a dawg in the hunt, but your statement should be clarified

BGA has the most individually talented team in the region. I bet Brentwood Academy would argue that point. They have played the same level of competition and have a better record. Are you saying that you have the talent but arent very well coaches. Because if you have the best talent, the PJPII should not even been in the game. So is it coaching the reason you lost more games that BA or does BA in fact have more talent. Its got to be one of the other to explain why BA has a better record? Which is it? and im a centennial person. Not a dawg in the hunt, but your statement should be clarified

Never mind, you are a BA parent. I thought we had a good debate about the brew for a change. I think both teams are probably equal in talent and both teams have good coaches. I wish we had either one of the coaches.

This is fun, as most people know, the best individual talent does not necessarily make the best team. (Ask the Yankees!)

I don't think that I was getting defensive, you obviously know who I am and I would hope that means that you also know that I care about many more girls than just my own daughter. Come to think of it you may be right, suggesting something like that does make me a little defensive!

I hope that our game tomorrow night is as good as everyone expects it to be. Many of the girls on the 2 teams are friends and club team mates and I would expect it to be hard fought and cleanly played. We have a lot of respect for the players and coaches at BGA and are very proud of our season to this point.

This is fun, as most people know, the best individual talent does not necessarily make the best team. (Ask the Yankees!)

I don't think that I was getting defensive, you obviously know who I am and I would hope that means that you also know that I care about many more girls than just my own daughter. Come to think of it you may be right, suggesting something like that does make me a little defensive!

I hope that our game tomorrow night is as good as everyone expects it to be. Many of the girls on the 2 teams are friends and club team mates and I would expect it to be hard fought and cleanly played. We have a lot of respect for the players and coaches at BGA and are very proud of our season to this point.

While I know who you are (your screen name as well as your posts make it obvious), I don't really know you and as such I was not suggesting that you don't care about other girls... of course you do. What parent doesn't care about their daughther's friends and teammates. I was simply making an observation...that in your posts about BA you almost always manage to slip in something about the "BA keeper" (your daughter) and rarely, if ever, about anyone else on the BA team. Just an observation that I find funny. Best of luck tonight. Hope the weather cleans up as I would like to come watch since my daughter isn't playing.

This is fun! I am glad to have found other people that are as passionate and knowledgable about girls soccer as myself. It always makes for exciting conversation. Having said that, I believe that BA is the best team right now in our region (Division II Middle). You guys have certainly earned the title and I believe you will beat a very good BGA team tonight. You guys seem to be able to get it done in close games and your record proves that. This is a much closer region this year than it was last year, and the fact that the defending state champs are not even in the final four this season proves that we definitely have the toughest region in the state. I am proud to be a part of that and I think any three of the top 4 will represent us well next week in Chattanooga. I just hope we are there with you after tonight.

This is fun! I am glad to have found other people that are as passionate and knowledgable about girls soccer as myself. It always makes for exciting conversation. Having said that, I believe that BA is the best team right now in our region (Division II Middle). You guys have certainly earned the title and I believe you will beat a very good BGA team tonight. You guys seem to be able to get it done in close games and your record proves that. This is a much closer region this year than it was last year, and the fact that the defending state champs are not even in the final four this season proves that we definitely have the toughest region in the state. I am proud to be a part of that and I think any three of the top 4 will represent us well next week in Chattanooga. I just hope we are there with you after tonight.

just heard the score, BGA wins 4-1. sounds like bga is getting hot at the right time.