Oak Ridge Wildcats

rhayes

I don’t mean to be so dismal, however if Oak Ridge loses to Farragut this Friday, Coach Stevens win / loss percentage (see below) will put the Wildcats at the lowest it has been since the 1940’s. I understand that he has only been here for two years. I understand that the 1992 team suffered a similar fate after going to and winning state in 1991. I understand that he lost his starting quarterback. I understand that the Wildcats are “young” this year. However, the numbers don’t lie. I don’t know if it is time to hit the panic button, but I do think it is time to determine what has happened and what needs to be done to fix the problems. Of course, this is not the place to do it. We all say that, but where and when is the place to do it? I have been a Wildcat fan for many decades and I have never had this feeling of discontent that I do today. Let’s pull together and determine what needs to be done and move forward.

Coach (Titles) Year / W - L - T = %

Ben Martin (1) 1943-1947 / 23 - 18 - 1 = 55.95%

Buist Warren 1948-1951 / 30 - 10 - 2 = 73.81%

John Francis 1952-1954 / 24 - 3 - 3 = 85.00%

Jack Armstrong (4) 1955-1968 / 105 - 28 - 5 = 77.90%

Emory Hale (3) 1969-1980 / 112 - 23 - 0 = 82.96%

Bill Young 1981-1987 / 57 - 21 - 0 = 73.08%

Joe Gaddis (1) 1988-1998 / 119 - 24 - 0 = 83.22%

Bruce Lussier 1999- 2004 / 62 - 14 - 0 = 81.58%

Stanton Stevens 2005-Present / 18 - 7 - 0 = 72.00%

Grand Totals W L T %

550 - 148 - 11 = 78.35%

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey where ya been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Maybe you are the only smart one in town by keeping the pain to yourself. Nice post, good stats.

Well you know what they say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I really would like to know if all of the rumors and rumblings have any merit to them. In the latest, why did Stevens really pull the quarterback that scored the touchdown in the game with the Owls? But there are several problems that have been brought up. Is it that bad, or are we just disgusted with how the season has turned out? Let's here what you think...

Based on these numbers and where Stanton is heading there is a good chance they may name the track after him.

Ole Dad

I don’t mean to be so dismal, however if Oak Ridge loses to Farragut this Friday, Coach Stevens win / loss percentage (see below) will put the Wildcats at the lowest it has been since the 1940’s. I understand that he has only been here for two years. I understand that the 1992 team suffered a similar fate after going to and winning state in 1991. I understand that he lost his starting quarterback. I understand that the Wildcats are “young” this year. However, the numbers don’t lie. I don’t know if it is time to hit the panic button, but I do think it is time to determine what has happened and what needs to be done to fix the problems. Of course, this is not the place to do it. We all say that, but where and when is the place to do it? I have been a Wildcat fan for many decades and I have never had this feeling of discontent that I do today. Let’s pull together and determine what needs to be done and move forward.

Coach (Titles) Year / W - L - T = %

Ben Martin (1) 1943-1947 / 23 - 18 - 1 = 55.95%

Buist Warren 1948-1951 / 30 - 10 - 2 = 73.81%

Jack Armstrong (4) 1955-1968 / 105 - 28 - 5 = 77.90%

Emory Hale (3) 1969-1980 / 112 - 23 - 0 = 82.96%

Bill Young 1981-1987 / 57 - 21 - 0 = 73.08%

Joe Gaddis (1) 1988-1998 / 119 - 24 - 0 = 83.22%

Bruce Lussier 1999- 2004 / 62 - 14 - 0 = 81.58%

Grand Totals W L T %

550 - 148 - 11 = 78.35%

The only weakness I saw with Oak Ridge when Ooltewah played them was the QB. All of them were pretty bad, some passes were just begging to be picked off, and we did get 2.

The running plays also weren't well called.

The defense seemed like it was faster than ours. Our scoring drives were just the result of great playcalls.

With your starting QB in I think you guys could've won 8 games.

Plus, Stevens got the team to a State Final. That's pretty good right? :D

Being from a program that is use to winning I can only imagine how this season feels to OR fans. To me though those stats are a little skewed due to the fact that some of the coaches were there several years and Stevens is being judged on only two seasons. It would be interesting to see all those coaches and their records after two seasons. Possibly the same result but just curious. Just seems to me that wanting a change for a 72% winning percentage before the end of the second year would be a tad harsh, especially when it seems they have been in every game they lost till the end. If internal problems exist i have no idea abou them; I am just going on the numbers alone. There is an up side! To some schools 6-4 is considered a banner year. You are fortunate to support a program where one non-playoff year is devastating. I can understand the disappointment though.

Edited by mhs

Kat,

Chill. Tongue in Cheek. He just happened to be at the bottom of the chart in "football" win percentages during wartime.

And, Stanton is already lower than every other coach in school history besides.

Ole Dad

Ole dad, I don't know if that was a shot at Ben Martin, I sure hope not.

OK, here goes:

Stanton Stevens 18-7

Bruce Lussier 23-3

Joe Gaddis 24-2

Bill Young 18-4

Emory Hale 14-6

Jack Armstrong 17-1

John Francis 15-2-3

Bruist Warren 12-7-1

Ben Martin 7-5

Ole Dad

Being from a program that is use to winning I can only imagine how this season feels to OR fans. To me though those stats are a little skewed due to the fact that some of the coaches were there several years and Stevens is being judged on only two seasons. It would be interesting to see all those coaches and their records after two seasons. Possibly the same result but just curious. Just seems to me that wanting a change for a 72% winning percentage before the end of the second year would be a tad harsh, especially when it seems they have been in every game they lost till the end. If internal problems exist i have no idea abou them; I am just going on the numbers alone. There is an up side! To some schools 6-4 is considered a banner year. You are fortunate to support a program where one non-playoff year is devastating. I can understand the disappointment though.

Ypu might want to take note of the fact that both of the coach's records and stats only cover a 2 year period and Francis was not during a war period.

my mistaken Francis coached three years but will be hard for Stevens to meet the percentage of wins next year

Edited by orfaninstands

OK, here goes:

Stanton Stevens 18-7

Bruce Lussier 23-3

Joe Gaddis 24-2

Bill Young 18-4

Emory Hale 14-6

Jack Armstrong 17-1

John Francis 15-2-3

Bruist Warren 12-7-1

Ben Martin 7-5

Ole Dad

So if my math is correct the Percentage of wins is as follows:

Jack Armstrong 94%

Joe Gaddis 92%

Bruce Lussier 88%

Bill Young 81%

John Francis 75%

Stanton Stevens 72%

Emory Hale 70%

Bruist Warren 60%

Ben Martin 58%

Well you know what they say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I really would like to know if all of the rumors and rumblings have any merit to them. In the latest, why did Stevens really pull the quarterback that scored the touchdown in the game with the Owls? But there are several problems that have been brought up. Is it that bad, or are we just disgusted with how the season has turned out? Let's here what you think...

Man I don't know what to think. Between all the BS I hear and what I see I don't lknow whether to wind my behind or scratch my watch!!! Know what I mean?

Actually I have major sickness in my family and just haven't been that close the last 5 weeks.

I wish the Cats well tomorow, Want Paul Bingham to get his 1000 yards also!!! But I can't be there.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL