BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I sort of agree and disagree with you there. They do teach the fundamentals, but they go straight into running advanced plays by week 2 of training camp. You can tell they run the "Win Now" philsosphy, while other teams try to teach the basics. Then again, most of the players go through the Cowboys program, which really does teach the fundamentals well.

You agree and disagree? Headed into politics after graduation, right?

Guest footballprincess

as of tomorrow at 0:00 in the 4th quarter, greg gregory will no longer be the head coach of centennial high school football...

he sat the team down in the locker room today after pratice, and told them he had been fired, and tomorrows game will his last a their coach.

exact details: why, and who will replace him are still unknown....

this has been a long time coming, so thank God for finally answering our prayers.

im extremly interested to see how the players act on the field tomorrow!!!

you know, '08, I was re-reading all the stuff out of boredom this weekend and just gotta ask - why have your "prayers" been answered? Why do think another coach will do better? What do ya got against Coach Gregory - he's cool in class!

Guest footballprincess

Yeah, as a matter of fact I did.

And for the sake of your own intelligence, I'm gonna assume that Cowboys comment was sarcasm.

Duh! I'm glad YOU'RE intelligent enough to be able to pick out that little bit of SARCASM!

those who play cowboys must lose all their "learnin'" by the time they get to CHS!

you know, '08, I was re-reading all the stuff out of boredom this weekend and just gotta ask - why have your "prayers" been answered? Why do think another coach will do better? What do ya got against Coach Gregory - he's cool in class!

Mrs. Kemp is cool in class too, but that doesn't make her a football coach now does it? Although I'm sure she can do better than Gregory.

Edited by CHS 2007

Guest footballprincess

Mrs. Kemp is cool in class too, but that doesn't make her a good football coach now does it? Although I'm sure she can do better than Gregory.

I don't think I sent this to you '07! Can '08 not speak for himself? Give me specifics why you think this - and I believe you said you did not play football at CHS so how would you know?

Guest footballprincess

Mrs. Kemp is cool in class too, but that doesn't make her a good football coach now does it? Although I'm sure she can do better than Gregory.

she would be the first person to tell you that you don't know what you're talking about as she was married to a football coach for many years!

Whoa, calm down Princess! If 08 wants to answer this later he can. You said Gregory was cool in class. I'm saying what does that have to do with coaching football. You want specifics? I'll give you two numbers: 1 and 9. His system just doesn't work on this level. What's worse is that alot of players and students lost respect for him. Who's gonna support a team run by someone you don't respect? This team's confidence is shot right now. What these guys need is a fresh start, with a new coach and a new system. It's gonna take time, but I believe this program can and will be rebuilt.

So Princess, let's hear why Gregory should have kept his job.

Edited by CHS 2007

excuse me for not responding sooner, i was out having a life, while you spent your Sunday on coachT.

and CHS2007..lol, thanks for you input, made me laugh!!

"princess" to answer yout question. Gregory was inadequate to change, his offense worked in 02-04, with a sightly above average line (weight wise). these past two years he ran the same offense with O-line that averaged i believe 180LBS. somewhere you would think he might reliaze change is in need, and to his credit he did, but too way late for it to matter. he was unable to inspire his players to play when they were down early. NO ONE LIKED HIM, you find 1 person who played football for him and liked him, ill give you dollar.

"cool in class" do you smoke crack?

let me tell you what class is...respecting your players, respecting your other coachs and your school, not hiding behind your desk when parents wonna know why their child invest so much time and life into a team, a losing one at that, and they still dont play, class is showing up in the locker room at half time when your team is down 20 something points (indy game, Gregory was seen the concesion stand line all of halftime).

class is not keeping recuirtment letters from your star players, is not a 1-9 season with nothing to say for it, class is not treating students like crap during school, class is not finding fault in others, but standing up and takin it yourself.

anymore questions? until you have something worth talking about i would advise you dont post again, and stop causing controversy on this thread, thats all youve done since you started posting, and one other thing stop hiding behind your computer and tell all of us who you are, and why think your special enough to trash every one here. you have no respect or credibility on this board!!