BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

as of tomorrow at 0:00 in the 4th quarter, greg gregory will no longer be the head coach of centennial high school football...

he sat the team down in the locker room today after pratice, and told them he had been fired, and tomorrows game will his last a their coach.

exact details: why, and who will replace him are still unknown....

this has been a long time coming, so thank God for finally answering our prayers.

im extremly interested to see how the players act on the field tomorrow!!!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talk about a big boost to cetennial players willing to give it all out there

this should make the game tonight really interesting on centennial's side

they already had a big boost of momentum going into the game

now give them another one as they will be wanting to give gregory one last win

and that at something he never had

a win vs. franklin

SO...know it is early, but who will be the frontrunners for that position?

(From what I know about CHS and the current staff....it will not be anyone on the current staff.)

There are several quality coaches right there in Williamson County if you can swipe them away from their current positions!

Good Luck CHS...it is time for someone to come in and lift that program up! Whoever that may be, there is a lot of work to be done. Probably start from scratch and also, get the kids walking the halls to believe in the program and get out and represent their school on the gridiron!

(From what I know about CHS and the current staff....it will not be anyone on the current staff.)

There are several quality coaches right there in Williamson County if you can swipe them away from their current positions!

Good Luck CHS...it is time for someone to come in and lift that program up! Whoever that may be, there is a lot of work to be done. Probably start from scratch and also, get the kids walking the halls to believe in the program and get out and represent their school on the gridiron!

i hope we go after Jack Daniels, but i think there's small chance the stay within the school, and bring back Baughman (hes always been the in your face, im gunna tell you how it is kinda guy, and thats what we need!!) or promote Phillps up to head coach...but who knows, we'll know soon enough

as for your second point "get the kids walking the halls to believe in the program..."

if you talking about the team, i can kind of understand that...but if your talking about students, then your out of your mind, the student body has stood behind this team thought thick and thin, and this year has been one of the worst seasons, but we've still farely strong fan base at each game

You never know who it will be, it maybe some body on the staff that has been underappreciated, it maybe somebody that is upcoming at another program outside of area or it maybe somebody that has a great deal of respect from parents, students and peers from the area. Hopefully it is someone that can get the most from his players and be able to think in crucial parts of the game. It also needs to be someone that is willing to take chances and not be afraid to go for broke!! I know who I'm pulling for but I will wait until some names start surfacing. Good Luck Centennial in the future!!

This is interesting timing. This is something that Shrader and Lifsey have apparently decided on long ago and would let him finish out the season. It appears tthat they let him know early to ensure that nothing to lose mentality and give the players an extra motivational boost. However this could backfire, as it could turn out to be a bigger distraction than a boost.