BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

I am a FMS alumni. I actually go to Franklin now though. (Go Rebels.. 26-0) haha My mom knows Coach Lane pretty well from work. He has been thinking of retiring from FMS coaching for years, but always decides to coach another year. I really can't see him going into a high school program because it takes A LOT more time than coaching a middle school program.

And as someone mentioned earlier, Coach Lane graduated from Franklin and so did his son so he has been a Rebel fan for a long time. I can't really see him going to coach for FHS's 2nd biggest rival. And if he wanted to coach at the high school level, he would've already done it.

Edited by bballbabe24

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COACH BLADE FROM HILLSBORO MAY BE THE FRONT RUNNER FOR THE JOB

I sure hope not. I will not dispute that he may be most qualified but Blade seems committed to this team.

He has a bunch of Juniors and Sophmores returning. (RB Seward, QB Arent, WR Garrett, Shelton, Jorden, Gordon, LB Parker, Southall, DB Perry and two big lineman in Washington and White)

Hillsboro will return seven starters/regulars on each side of the ball next season. If the coach stays at Hillsboro he could win two or three region championships in a row. I am not sure he would want to leave for that mess at Centennial.

I sure hope not. I will not dispute that he may be most qualified but Blade seems committed to this team.

He has a bunch of Juniors and Sophmores returning. (RB Seward, QB Arent, WR Garrett, Shelton, Jorden, Gordon, LB Parker, Southall, DB Perry and two big lineman in Washington and White)

Hillsboro will return seven starters/regulars on each side of the ball next season. If the coach stays at Hillsboro he could win two or three region championships in a row. I am not sure he would want to leave for that mess at Centennial.

A young guy with an entire staff is what CHS needs. - Who are some young Head Coaches around the area that would want a new oppurtunity in a 5 A Williamson County school? I would say there are a lot of them.

anyone will be able to do better than these past 2 years

from what i'm hearing here they will more than likely go out of school to find a coach instead of promoting a current staff member

i like both webb and winfree

both are really qualified and would be able to turn this team around

Right now, it looks like Daniels will go to Page and that Rector will stay put at Ravenwood for now. One of our players mentioned LaVergne's defensive coordinator and a few assistants from Brentwood as serious contenders. Any other names mentioned is just speculation.

By the way. I HONESTY DID NOT MEAN COACH LANE WOULD BE AN ACTUAL CANDIDATE. I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE KIND OF COOL HAVING HIM AS A HEAD COACH AGAIN. ALL REASONS MENTIONED ABOVE WHY HE WOULDN'T BE THE HEAD COACH HAVE ALREADY BEEN REALIZED BY ME LONG BEFORE YOU POSTED THEM. SO LET'S MOVE ON FROM THAT.

Right now, it looks like Daniels will go to Page and that Rector will stay put at Ravenwood for now. One of our players mentioned LaVergne's defensive coordinator and a few assistants from Brentwood as serious contenders. Any other names mentioned is just speculation.

By the way. I HONESTY DID NOT MEAN COACH LANE WOULD BE AN ACTUAL CANDIDATE. I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE KIND OF COOL HAVING HIM AS A HEAD COACH AGAIN. ALL REASONS MENTIONED ABOVE WHY HE WOULDN'T BE THE HEAD COACH HAVE ALREADY BEEN REALIZED BY ME LONG BEFORE YOU POSTED THEM. SO LET'S MOVE ON FROM THAT.

I heard that the Head guy from Eagleville is interested. They have done a pretty good job in just a few years.