BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Johnson, Centennial has way more potential than BGA. Centennial has a lot better talent and if I know Johnson, he will be attracted more to a program on the rise.

There will usually be attractive possibilities year after year. I would think that too much jumping around as a head coach could hurt a career long term.

A coach would not want a reputation of leaving after a year or two on a regular basis.

Great post, if I know Coach Johnson like I think I do he is staying put and going to see this through. I bet he is getting paid better from a private school than what he would from a public school. He has stated that BGA is committed to turning things around, remember they won their last Championship in 2003 and the only school in the state with more is Brentwood Academy and maybe MBA, I can't remember. Maybe some of the kids from some of the Williamson County schools should look into BGA, great education, nice facilities and some are about to be updated, small classes, and yes great coaches. Johnson STAYS but I don't know about the rest of his staff. They are young and maybe some of them get offers. This will be interesting to see who moves where this off season. What about Moses Phillips at CHS, what are his plans?

About Johnson, Centennial has way more potential than BGA. Centennial has a lot better talent and if I know Johnson, he will be attracted more to a program on the rise.

There will usually be attractive possibilities year after year. I would think that too much jumping around as a head coach could hurt a career long term.

A coach would not want a reputation of leaving after a year or two on a regular basis.

Great post, if I know Coach Johnson like I think I do he is staying put and going to see this through. I bet he is getting paid better from a private school than what he would from a public school. He has stated that BGA is committed to turning things around, remember they won their last Championship in 2003 and the only school in the state with more is Brentwood Academy and maybe MBA, I can't remember. Maybe some of the kids from some of the Williamson County schools should look into BGA, great education, nice facilities and some are about to be updated, small classes, and yes great coaches. Johnson STAYS but I don't know about the rest of his staff. They are young and maybe some of them get offers. This will be interesting to see who moves where this off season. What about Moses Phillips at CHS, what are his plans?

He didn't know BGA was going to move to DII and have to compete with BA, MBA, etc. They were not upfront with him about that and I don't blame him for leaving if he does. Centennial could be a gold mine for the right coach. I still say keep an eye on Coach Palmer. He will get players out. But whoever gets it they will only be as good as the assistant coaches they bring in.

I also heard that coach Finney resigned his position at CHS as well.

You're wrong he knew that they were moving up to DII AAA, he didn't know the time frame but he knew it was coming. TSSAA was the one who moved up the time frame on everyone, so BGA, Ensworth, JPII, they were all caught off guard. They just have to move on and make the most of the situation because we all know once TSSAA, excuse me Ronnie Carter, makes a decision it is a done deal.

Edited by FootballDoc

From what I understand, one of the stipulations for him coming to CHS was to potentially take over as head coach, but not in one year, maybe two or three. I don't know if they give him the job or what. If he doesn't I can't see him staying there to be the under someone when he wanted to be head coach anyway. I don't know.

From what I understand, one of the stipulations for him coming to CHS was to potentially take over as head coach, but not in one year, maybe two or three. I don't know if they give him the job or what. If he doesn't I can't see him staying there to be the under someone when he wanted to be head coach anyway. I don't know.

You are talking about Moses Phillips, right?

He didn't know BGA was going to move to DII and have to compete with BA, MBA, etc. They were not upfront with him about that and I don't blame him for leaving if he does. Centennial could be a gold mine for the right coach. I still say keep an eye on Coach Palmer. He will get players out. But whoever gets it they will only be as good as the assistant coaches they bring in.

I also heard that coach Finney resigned his position at CHS as well.

Cowboy,

I talked to Coach P earlier in the years after he announced he was leaving Page. Sounded to me that if he coached again it would not be a WC school. He can draw a pension from them and a coaching/teaching check from another school district. Things may have changed since then though.

Program on the rise? CHS....that is for dang sure....since it cannot go any lower!

All this talk about Johnson is silly...here is a guy that left FHS (Because he did not get a cupcake teaching load like he wanted), went to Giles for some unknown reason before jumping ship to go to BGA (For the $$ and cupcake teaching load!).

I am sure CHS cannot match what Tim is being paid at BGA and all the teaching "benefits" that come along with it.

Tim is a great coach, but I also feel all this jumping around from program to program does not look real good either!

it actually can go lower 0-10 and many many shutouts

it actually can go lower 0-10 and many many shutouts

That won't happen again. The players knew that this year was a transition year in developing their younger players. Kelly has potential to be a dangerous recieving threat and both Scales and Barlar can fit in nicely at the QB position. They have two lightning-fast backs in Coffee and Kemp and a pretty solid special teams unit with Bass and Barlar. We've got the talent, the only reason we've been losing is because the coaches didn't use that the full potential. This team can seriously become a contender within the next 2 years.

Remember that BGA has gone 4-26 since their last championship. And one of those wins was a forfeit.

Wasn't Wycheck coaching at BGA a few years ago?