BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

The new football coach should NOT be the AD also! Creates too much conflict. Ask the Cougar Athletic Club how many teams they are trying to help support and you will find the football team is less than 4% of the total.

Too much of a potential conflict.

VI

VI,

I agree that any new incoming coach should not asume the AD role. There will be enough to do getting the football program back on its feet without the added responsibility of all of the AD duties that would need to be done.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, the deal will probably be determined on wether or not Gregory decides to retire from his post, which is a strong possibility. If he does, that would create a "whole new start" scenario for the new coach that might also include the AD deal. This would allow the coach to build the team based on his own strategy. If Gregory stays, he will make sure that the Coach builds the team around Gregory's style of play, which would steer alot of good Coaches away from the position. In my opinion, Gregory needs to call it quits all together for the better of the school.

CHS,

I don't think Gregory would meddle with the new coach. If that is the general perception then they will have a hard time getting a quality coach. I doubt Gregory will stay as the AD after this school year anyway.

CHS,

I don't think Gregory would meddle with the new coach. If that is the general perception then they will have a hard time getting a quality coach. I doubt Gregory will stay as the AD after this school year anyway.

Party and CHS--

I think we are all on the same page, actually. I think leaving Gregory as the AD (at least for a year or two) is not a bad idea; I also agree that, financially, adding the AD duties to the new coach would be nice, but the work would be difficult. I read a great book once that said something about serving two masters..........

It's going to be a tough year, overall, for CHS athletics. I remain amazed at the school spirit, though. You gotta love the never-give-up attitude of the kids and players.

VI

UPDATE: Coach Gregory was reportedly having a deep conversation with an unfamiliar person earlier during the first few periods. Don't know if that means anything, but logic would tell that it might have been a potential candidate. If there are any CHS players or any other students on this board who can give some clarification as to who that was and if he indeed was a potential candidate.

i think the WR's coach at Brentwood High(Ron Riddle) should be up for the job

Jack is going elsewhere and Dan Winfree doesn't have what it takes. Riddle would be a much better fit.

Might have been one of the names mentioned. It's probably a good idea to bring in a passing minded coach to a team that was running based for the last several years. He has two great QBs to work with and a solid pair of Recievers in Kelly and McLemore. The only concern is how he can handle a questonable defense.

Might have been one of the names mentioned. It's probably a good idea to bring in a passing minded coach to a team that was running based for the last several years. He has two great QBs to work with and a solid pair of Recievers in Kelly and McLemore. The only concern is how he can handle a questonable defense.

Hire a Defensive-Minded Head Coach that believes in an Open Offense!

Look around in the Region...Crawford, Rector...Defensive minded Head coaches.

Webb at FHS..we know he is the backbone of the FHS program right now, even if he is only the D. Coord. The D. Coord. at Indy has done a great job in that program as well. Dickson's D is not that shabby either!

The better teams in your region win with Defense!

Offense puts hind ends in the stands, Defense wins those championships!