BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

I've heard that Scott Smith is interested in the job and wanted it before he even went to independence

what do you think the chances of smith gettin the job if he applies is?

I was wondering how long it was going to be before his name was mentioned. I have no inside information so this is strictly my opinion. I can't see him even remotely interested in the Centennial job now. Who knows about it prior to Independence. Indy has a ton of returning starters next year and should be a very good team. Why leave? Certainly not for the money since it would be the same. IF he was interested and applied, he would be a high candidate, but I don't see him applying.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well contrary to your belief

my info says that smith has expressed intrest in the job

one of my friends is friends with scott and said at one point in time since the job has opened he has expressed intrest in the job

who knows

i guess we'll just wait and see wha direction the administration goes

I've got a few questions. What does Centennial have coming back talentwise? Are they in a no win situation there competing with Ravenwood and Franklin and the like? I know a state champion coach (not me) that might would be interested. How many openings will there be on the staff? Also, what is the situation there with the facilities (practice field)? One more, how about booster club support?

I've got a few questions. What does Centennial have coming back talentwise? Are they in a no win situation there competing with Ravenwood and Franklin and the like? I know a state champion coach (not me) that might would be interested. How many openings will there be on the staff? Also, what is the situation there with the facilities (practice field)? One more, how about booster club support?

1.We have the majority of our team returning this year including most of the starters and we have alot more rising JV and freshman players that can contribute to the team.

2. I know of at least 1 opening for sure, but there is spectulation that there could be more coaches on the hot seat

3. The practice field is next to a construction site, soon to be exit ramp. But size wise- it's the same to ones that Franklin and Indy utilize.

4. Booster club sees the team as one of its top priorities, as far as exact figures, I'm not exactly sure.

5. We have the talent needed to compete with the other teams in this region. Gregory just never figured out how to utilize it.

Edited by CHS 2007

I haven't heard anything about Smith yet, but I have been told by some students at Indy that there are a number of players and fans don't like him. I'm not sure of the validity of that, but I would guess that Smith would stay at Indy for at least a few more years. He has done a good job of buildng the program and he might continue that until at least the original crew has graduated. As with Johnson and Rector however, it wouldn't hurt to at least look into the position.

formercoach---define, "booster club support". If you mean extra $$$, I have my doubts.

As for talent, I wouldn't call it loaded, but the cupboard is by no means bare.

CHS 2007--as for Smith...every coach has a few players/parents/supporters who wil not like them. Some cases it's deserved, some it's not. My few dealings, and they are few, make me think such attitudes may be deserved in the case of Smith.

Sorry, coach, if I've offended you. First impressions are key and I wasn't real impressed. Then again...he probably feels the same about me :thumb: .

VI

has anyone look at he head coach at fairview

May I ask WHY?

Fairview is a 2-A program that has gotten better over the last several years, most of which is due to last coach (Rewis, I believe). That guy went in and turned the program around...and passed it on to, well, have no clue how to spell his name..Coach M!

Maybe you guys should look up Rewis...he apparently can take the programs at the bottom of the barrel and build them back up..did at Fairview anyway!

Quite a leap from 2A ball to 5A Ball as well! (No real disrespect there..just the facts!)

formercoach---define, "booster club support". If you mean extra $$$, I have my doubts.

As for talent, I wouldn't call it loaded, but the cupboard is by no means bare.

CHS 2007--as for Smith...every coach has a few players/parents/supporters who wil not like them. Some cases it's deserved, some it's not. My few dealings, and they are few, make me think such attitudes may be deserved in the case of Smith.

Sorry, coach, if I've offended you. First impressions are key and I wasn't real impressed. Then again...he probably feels the same about me :thumb: .

VI

Very few HC's are loved by everyone. Coach Smith wears his heart on his sleeve and some may not like that. People are very opinionated when it come to him and that's fine. He can't please everyone.