BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

Woah, no need to get all riled up my friend. All I'm trying to say is don't use absolutes because it gives people a false impression on your information. When you say he is most definitely inquiring, it makes the rest of us think he's actually put an application in, when in reality, you're just speculating. And Faninthestands, yeah, real big game this weekend. We're up at Northern Iowa at the UNI-Dome with first place in conference on the line. Basically, if we win the next two, we're conference champs. If we lose just one, we're out of the playoffs. I'm just glad we're finally moving to 1A next year...

WKU? Congrats on moving up. I'll be there next year.

All I'm saying is that if I was him, I would at least look into the school. Not neccesarily turning in an application, but just asking some questions, talk to the administration a little bit. If he likes what he sees, then he can consider his options. All I meant was he could just look into the possibility.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the AD on the same page as the program will also be quite a task for CHS...since Gregory was also the AD for CHS.

Will this be a package deal for the new coach? (That will make for an attractive offer!)

Being an AD in the Williamson County School district is not the perk most people think it is in terms of pay. Take a low paying coaching position to start and ad $2,500 per year and you have an AD salary with ten times more headaches than just coaching. Coaches can make more mowing fields than being an AD in our county. We need to pay all of these employees of the wealthiest county in the state much more than what they are getting.

PS: I am not a coach or teacher, just concerned parent.

Being an AD in the Williamson County School district is not the perk most people think it is in terms of pay. Take a low paying coaching position to start and ad $2,500 per year and you have an AD salary with ten times more headaches than just coaching. Coaches can make more mowing fields than being an AD in our county. We need to pay all of these employees of the wealthiest county in the state much more than what they are getting.

PS: I am not a coach or teacher, just concerned parent.

If Gregory retires, that would open the door for a dual Coach/AD position. If no coach wants to accept that role, there is a possibility that Lifsey could become an interim AD. This might be better for the department as there would be no conflict of interest in teams. That way, he would also keep his current salary plus a little extra. I'm not saying that would happen, I'm just saying that might be a good idea.

Lifsey isn't allowed to take on that role because he is an administrator at the school. They would have to hire someone to fill that position. It would be in the school's best interest to hire someone that doesn't have any coaching responsibilities.

It that case, I'm not sure that would be a choice. As Rookie45 said, its almost impossible for a AD to make a living on being an AD alone. It would have to be a teacher that is very involved in athletics. Otherwise, the position would almost certainly have to be a coach of something.

It that case, I'm not sure that would be a choice. As Rookie45 said, its almost impossible for a AD to make a living on being an AD alone. It would have to be a teacher that is very involved in athletics. Otherwise, the position would almost certainly have to be a coach of something.

In Williamson County every AD is a teacher and many are also coaches. No school can just go out and get anyone to be the AD unless he is going to also be a faculty member.

Edited by goal!!

Late story from the Tennessean quotes Schrader as saying he wants to have a new coach in place by December. Oh Boy! Gives coaches still coaching 1 week after the title games to get in on the action. Why don't they just admit they have their minds made up.

See earlier post...Schrader will screw this up. I wish I had more confidence in him. :o

Late story from the Tennessean quotes Schrader as saying he wants to have a new coach in place by December. Oh Boy! Gives coaches still coaching 1 week after the title games to get in on the action. Why don't they just admit they have their minds made up.

See earlier post...Schrader will screw this up. I wish I had more confidence in him. :o

That could mean they have already talked to someone or might have even had a deal in place. I've seen Gregory, Lifsey, and some other coaches talking alot more. This might not mean anything much, but it could mean that there is some serious consideration.

Not sure that this means anything, but something to think about for anyone who likes to speculate for fun. CHS recently made a great hire for the boy's soccer team in Sandy Pollack. As far as I know, Pollack doesn't have an obvious connection to Centennial. I think he's just a great coach that they went out and paid. I know there's a huge difference between a football program and the boy's soccer program, but could this be an indicator that the Centennial administration wants to get more serious about winning in sports? I'm real excited to see who they hire.

Not sure that this means anything, but something to think about for anyone who likes to speculate for fun. CHS recently made a great hire for the boy's soccer team in Sandy Pollack. As far as I know, Pollack doesn't have an obvious connection to Centennial. I think he's just a great coach that they went out and paid. I know there's a huge difference between a football program and the boy's soccer program, but could this be an indicator that the Centennial administration wants to get more serious about winning in sports? I'm real excited to see who they hire.

As of now, the deal will probably be determined on wether or not Gregory decides to retire from his post, which is a strong possibility. If he does, that would create a "whole new start" scenario for the new coach that might also include the AD deal. This would allow the coach to build the team based on his own strategy. If Gregory stays, he will make sure that the Coach builds the team around Gregory's style of play, which would steer alot of good Coaches away from the position. In my opinion, Gregory needs to call it quits all together for the better of the school.

As of now, the deal will probably be determined on wether or not Gregory decides to retire from his post, which is a strong possibility. If he does, that would create a "whole new start" scenario for the new coach that might also include the AD deal. This would allow the coach to build the team based on his own strategy. If Gregory stays, he will make sure that the Coach builds the team around Gregory's style of play, which would steer alot of good Coaches away from the position. In my opinion, Gregory needs to call it quits all together for the better of the school.

The new football coach should NOT be the AD also! Creates too much conflict. Ask the Cougar Athletic Club how many teams they are trying to help support and you will find the football team is less than 4% of the total.

Too much of a potential conflict.

VI

The new football coach should NOT be the AD also! Creates too much conflict. Ask the Cougar Athletic Club how many teams they are trying to help support and you will find the football team is less than 4% of the total.

Too much of a potential conflict.

VI

I'm not saying I want that happen, all I'm saying that it appears inevitable. Unless someone already inside the school steps into that position, there might not be enough financial incentive to have a seperate AD.