BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie Webb is a great coach and man of integrity! The CHS defense would improve for sure. What about the offense? Never known Webb to to work an offense. What would a Webb offense look like?

And would Webb even want the job? Why want the CHS job when he did not even want the Franklin job...and stayed put there as the D Coord for Clayton? Tells me he likes it where he is...and likes his Coord position!

Winfree..Offensive Genius? Pretty strong observation! No signs of "genius" in that BHS offense this year!

I think Webb would be the heir aparent if Clayton were to leave. So my guess is that he would stay put.

Even though there are many Franklin people that want him out, I think Clayton will stay. I think if Webb wanted the HC job, he'd leave somewhere this year.

Who said they wanted coach Clayton to go? Don't think you have the right idea. Coach Clayton is very good coach and person. Nobody is trying to run him out of town.

ok so i know everyone has mentioned many coaches on this topic

i know the administration has been talking to many coaches

is there any clear fit of a coach for centennial

i.e. one that would be perfect for the job?

I personally think that Johnson would be the best fit. He rebuilt Franklin's D back in the day into a feared lineup. I think he has the winning experience and patience needed to lead this rebuilt team.

Here is the straight stuff on CHS

They have not talked to anyone, still screening applications. they won't talk to anyone who does not apply.

Next year for anyone is another 0-10.

Too young up front.

Backs will not run hard.

Who ever gets the job bring your own QB.

Facility is terrible. Practice fiels is 70X50 and you might get run over by a truck. No fieldhouse, weight room to small.

Boosters are great, will break backs for you.

Parents are vipers, with an extra set of hidden fangs.

Here is the kicker: Might lose the most impressive player and parent/coach to be involved. Yeah thats right the Kellys. Not happy at all with the way things are. And if you don't think it would not be a loss, you have to meet them in person.

Whoever comes in has got his work cut out. More changes need to be made than just a coach.

May I ask WHY?

Fairview is a 2-A program that has gotten better over the last several years, most of which is due to last coach (Rewis, I believe). That guy went in and turned the program around...and passed it on to, well, have no clue how to spell his name..Coach M!

Maybe you guys should look up Rewis...he apparently can take the programs at the bottom of the barrel and build them back up..did at Fairview anyway!

Quite a leap from 2A ball to 5A Ball as well! (No real disrespect there..just the facts!)

no disrespect at all i personaly really dont like fairview, but i do think they have a good coach. And u are right Rewis is a really good coach and he did do a lot. but Coach M has done good gob playing teams he has no right to be on the field with... plus u are right it is quite from 2A to 5A..... in 5A u have a lot more athletes to to pick from

Here is the straight stuff on CHS

They have not talked to anyone, still screening applications. they won't talk to anyone who does not apply.

Next year for anyone is another 0-10.

Too young up front.

Backs will not run hard.

Who ever gets the job bring your own QB.

Facility is terrible. Practice fiels is 70X50 and you might get run over by a truck. No fieldhouse, weight room to small.

Boosters are great, will break backs for you.

Parents are vipers, with an extra set of hidden fangs.

Here is the kicker: Might lose the most impressive player and parent/coach to be involved. Yeah thats right the Kellys. Not happy at all with the way things are. And if you don't think it would not be a loss, you have to meet them in person.

Whoever comes in has got his work cut out. More changes need to be made than just a coach.

MoJack...You have got your ducks in a row it appears! I agree with all that you have stated.

Add the fact that if CHS does not receive some help soon from the school board as far as zone lines go, the program will struggle.

Coach Kelly is a great guy, may not know a ton about football, compared to basketball anyway, great guy and influence. Drew Kelly is a freak of nature! BIG guy, with great hands and feet...made for Basketball...and future is in basketball.